Humax clash HDR-1000S

Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
Forum Member
Any reason why i cant record daily politcs on bbc2hd and this morning on itv hd? yes they overlap but nothing else is scheduled to record in the planner.

Ive got a twin lnb, thats fine, bit odd,latest firmware.

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    Make sure your box isn't in 'single LNB' mode - go to the signal test screen and ensure you have two signals.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they one off or series recordings ?
  • Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    i tried series, says overlap, then i tried one off for daily politics today and it still says overlap, its only on from 11-30 till 1 , yet im only recording this morning.

The next thing to record is doctors on bbc1 hd at 1.45

the two signals are saying good, i record bbc breakfast and good morning britain each morning, and they record fine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just set a series recording for both without any issues. Obviously the first recording of the This Morning is scheduled for tomorrow.

If you bring up Settings - System Information - Signal Info what does it say at the bottom of the screen ?
    Forum Member
    I have just set a series recording for both without any issues. Obviously the first recording of the This Morning is scheduled for tomorrow.

If you bring up Settings - System Information - Signal Info what does it say at the bottom of the screen ?

Freesat box connected with 2 cable.

Ive just checked planned recordings, and it had this morning down as twice, even though it was on the same channel same time, itv hd.

i deleted one, and i think it may have sorted it, will keep an eye on it, thanks.
    Forum Member
    Still not sorted, did a factory reset, nothing in the planned recordings, pressed series for this morning on itv hd, went fine, then tried daily politics on bbc2 hd, and said overlap.

It should work fine, both lnbs detected, very odd.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Can you set anything else other than Daily Politics that's on at the same time?
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Can you set anything else other than Daily Politics that's on at the same time?

It would appear not, this is why its happening, surely its impossible for it to display 2 at 11?

I delted one of them at 11, and it deletes the other as well, lol

k1uiYf.jpg
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Balb0wa wrote: »
    It would appear not, this is why its happening, surely its impossible for it to display 2 at 11?

k1uiYf.jpg

When you highlight each of those ITVHD in the list does it give the same region or is one of them showing a different region?
    I've had it before on BBC where the recording ID what the same on two different regions so recorded both regions at the same time.
    What postcode are you using?
    Forum Member
    cant get it to say region anywhere, i press i , and highlight them, nothing about region comes up
    Forum Member
    shall i try putting in a different post code like london? after a factory reset?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

k1uiYf.jpg

This is weird - (I wonder what would have happened if you let the 2 record).

I have just set a recording for tomorrow and I get just one again.

Which local region do you have for ITV-HD ? (Mine is Central West) I wonder if for some weird reason it's trying to record two regions at once. We need someone using the same region as yourself to see if it can be replicated.
    Forum Member
    I think the region i get for itv hd is granada
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shall i try putting in a different post code like london? after a factory reset?

No need to reset, just change postcode during freesat retune. Try B98 to get the same channel as I do.
    Forum Member
    well its only recording one at 11am , hmmm
    Forum Member
    couldn't find an option to retune, so did a reset with your post code.

seems to be ok!

http://img673.imageshack.us/img673/6436/CWCshY.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well its only recording one at 11am , hmmm

At least that tells us why I couldn't repeat the issue.

I reckon ITV Granada have done something weird with the recording CRID codes.

Has anyone reading this thread have a Foxsat-hdr using Granada and has CRID code display enabled ?

I will see what I can find out using my Foxsat-hdr.
    Forum Member
    I remember when humax brought out their first freesat recorder, it would only record the first half of this morning, this was yrs ago mind . They sorted it in the end though.

I posted on these forums, different/similar user name, and i think Graham got to the bottom of it then
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least that tells us why I couldn't repeat the issue.

I reckon ITV Granada have done something weird with the recording CRID codes.

Has anyone reading this thread have a Foxsat-hdr using Granada and has CRID code display enabled ?

I will see what I can find out using my Foxsat-hdr.

WebIf should show the CRID data.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There doesn't appear to be an issue with the Freesat epg. It's possible to show all four ITV-HD regions on the same epg using a Foxsat-HDR.

The codeing looks OK. All the same programmes have the same programme crid but different series crid codes. So it looks as if the issue is Freetime epg related.

Appears we need another freetime box user with a suitable postcode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    WebIf should show the CRID data.

Thanks Repassac, I have just added all 4 ITV-HD regional variants from non-freesat to freesat mode. See my post, all looks OK, It's a strange one for sure :confused:

If it was possible to save my recording schedule on the freetime box I would change postcodes, as you can't it's a real pain to try this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With thanks to Barry at MyHumax who has retuned a HDR1000S to a M60 postcode. He confirms the weird behaviour. Can I suggest the OP reports the issue to Freesat.

In the meantime welcome to ITV-HD Central West :D
    Forum Member
    With thanks to Barry at MyHumax who has retuned a HDR1000S to a M60 postcode. He confirms the weird behaviour. Can I suggest the OP reports the issue to Freesat.

In the meantime welcome to ITV-HD Central West :D

haha, so whats the problem then? is it humax? or the epg? what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha, so whats the problem then? is it humax? or the epg? what?

No way of telling for sure. Clearly there is something odd about ITV HD's Freetime epg for Granada.

As the only boxes that can use the freetime epg are made by Humax (I imagine the HB1000S would have the same issue).

So basically the issue is apparently caused by something different in the Granada freetime epg data to the Central West data so it seems likely it's a broadcaster issue.
    Forum Member
    well i emailed freesat , got this:

ok............

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing technical difficulty with our service. Freesat currently supports viewing one channel while recording another. However, there is always the option of accessing the 7 day roll back contents which will allow you to catch up on the show that you may have missed.

We would also recommend that you get in contact with the manufacturer as they will be able to answer any questions that you may have regarding the Humax box. Their customer service number is 0844 669 8800.

If you have any other queries, then please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Jo

Freesat Customer Team