Erm, try breastfeeding!

Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm ranting here cos I can't do it on fb in reply to the post that's bugged me or I may have people at work turning against me. I've just got to get it out tho!

Woman moaning about everything the female body has to go thru with pregnancy and birth only for sore boobs to kick in. Cue everyone giving her advice on how to send the milk back. I just kept thinking, try giving ur son the milk ur body is desperately trying to tell u to give him! Because if u want the best for him that's what you'd do.

I understand that bf is hard but I do think people should at least try. Unless it's medically impossible or you've got serious emotional issues around it then I don't understand why u wouldn't. This girl was boasting about it before hand, daring midwives to try n make her, I'm going in with my bottle n that's it etc I just don't get it :S

Comments

• epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because if u want the best for him that's what you'd do.

Utter crap.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own and all that. I breastfed because I'm a bit of a lazy tart. I didn't have a dishwasher back then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melp26 wrote: »
    I'm ranting here cosI can't do it on fb in reply to the post that's bugged me or I may have people at work turning against me. I've just got to get it out tho!

Nothing like having the courage of your convictions.
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Utter crap.

Please explain why u think so, I'm genuinely interested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own and all that. I breastfed because I'm a bit of a lazy tart. I didn't have a dishwasher back then.

Lol, it is def easier to just lift up ur top than doing all the sterilising n making up feeds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Some women just won't. Its a shame. Many women would dearly love to but couldn't. Others its a badge of pride not to. I can't understand it personally, my kids are too good for formula, only if it was a necessary medical intervention would I feed them with that.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dictatorships never work? Being judgemental doesn't work either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Nothing like having the courage of your convictions.

It's not that at all, if someone asked me my opinion I'd tell them. I just don't think it would be very kind of me to criticise or question the parenting choice of a woman who has given birth only 4 days ago.
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't this be in mumsnet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because not every mother wants to breastfeed and there's nothing wrong with formula.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that at all, if someone asked me my opinion I'd tell them. I just don't think it would be very kind of me to criticise or question the parenting choice of a woman who has given birth only 4 days ago.

So you do it on DS instead. The irony?
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women can do what the heck they want with their own bodies, including choosing when and who can suck on bits of their body.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Some women just don't like the idea of breastfeeding.

Others love it so much they feed their babies until they start school.
    http://www.mothermirth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/DSC_0004.jpg

Everyone is different. No woman should be forced to feel inadequate and a bad mother because she doesn't want to breastfeed.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i breastfed all mine, i`m a big fan of it but i wouldn`t dream of imposing my views on another mother who would rather bottle feed, it`s none of my business, just as it`s none of yours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doltoi wrote: »
    Some women just won't. Its a shame. Many women would dearly love to but couldn't. Others its a badge of pride not to. I can't understand it personally, my kids are too good for formula, only if it was a necessary medical intervention would I feed them with that.

This is how I feel but I genuinely do want to understand the thinking of women who choose not too. People just seem to say, it's their choice or something equally vague. Of course it is but who that choice? I can tell u exactly why I chose breastfeeding why can't bottle feeders tell me exactly why they chose bottles?
  • MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye, much better to bitch about her behind her back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how I feel but I genuinely do want to understand the thinking of women who choose not too. People just seem to say, it's their choice or something equally vague. Of course it is but who that choice? I can tell u exactly why I chose breastfeeding why can't bottle feeders tell me exactly why they chose bottles?

Why do you think it's any of your business?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    facebook duuuuuuuuuuuuur
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

they probably find your question personal and offensive, based on your op, i certainly would.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Dictatorships never work? Being judgemental doesn't work either.

I didn't suggest a dictatorship. I am being judgemental but no one is saying anything to challenge my view. Explain it to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this be in mumsnet?

Why? I thought this was a place to discuss things in general?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Because not every mother wants to breastfeed and there's nothing wrong with formula.

But why don't they? I'm not trying to be horrible I genuinely want to know why you'd choose not to even try it.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women can do what the heck they want with their own bodies, including choosing when and who can suck on bits of their body.

I agree with this 100%.

She doesn't have to explain or justify her choice either.