Options

Anyone Find Lola Annoying?

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm relieved Cheryl didn't put her through and I hope she's not a wildcard either. I don't think her voice is that great and I also find her annoying. Fair enough if you're nervous, that's understandable...all of them were nervous. But every single time she's performed she's been a quivering wreck. She looked shocked when Cheryl didn't put her through, but I don't know why as all of the other girls are better than her in my opinion. I hope she doesn't get the wildcard, but it wouldn't bloody surprise me. Kerrianne has nailed it in every single performance, and so has Emily, even though she's not my cup of tea. One of those two should get it. No doubt if Lola does get, she'll be shoved down our throats and they'll try to make us believe she's the second coming like they did with Tamera.

Comments

• Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh she's well annoying. there's nothing special about her or her voice in my opinion, i just think that they've found someone in her that will play ball with what they want and will let her get as far as the public say. she's obviously being groomed for a spectacular wildcard return - i think we will see her go on last on saturday, and i wouldnt be surprised if she gets a judge visit her personally to confirm that she is the wildcard. all the others will have a phonecall.

its just obvious to me that they've given her this "rags to riches" story with the fishmonger thing, her adorable grandparents willing her to do well (exactly like we, the viewers should be doing), her being from cheryl's hometown, the confidence issues, the awful clothes, trampy trainers - it all reeks of the producers telling her what to do so the public love her. yet come saturday night, all of that will be gone miraculously.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is completely unlikeable

The 'poor fishmonger' bollocks as well when her dad was a professional footballer/manager and former agent of Paul Gascoigne
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Immensely. The worst girl with an annoying attitude.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all of you, she's really annoying and apart from her first audition, pretty mediocre. Kerrianne or Emily absolutely should be the wildcard, but going by last night's editing of The Lola Show it's blatantly going to be her.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I really don't get the hate for Lola on here. She seems pretty popular outside this forum and I think she has a great voice.

Don't see anything wrong with her attitude either :confused:
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    Agree with all of you, she's really annoying and apart from her first audition, pretty mediocre. Kerrianne or Emily absolutely should be the wildcard, but going by last night's editing of The Lola Show it's blatantly going to be her.

I agree. I don't think she should get the wild card at all. Kerrianne is so much better.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminds me of Laura White(when she was on the show, not now) in that she has a solid, capable voice but damaged it(that raspy, inconsistent thing you hear when she forces her notes) by trying to force it to sound "bigger" and than it is .
  • Options
    LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very "beige"... She can sing better than me (thats not hard lol) but I don`t see anything about her or her voice that would make people want to pick up the phione and vote for her.

Can`t stand contestants that are always crying either & "reminding" us of their sob story or their kids - That Stevie bloke banging on about his daughter put me right off him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering that they're always banging on about "knowing what sort of artist they need to be" I really can't see what Lola would do - she has no identity apart from being nervous, being a fishmonger and having nice grandparents.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. I really don't get the hate for Lola on here. She seems pretty popular outside this forum and I think she has a great voice.

I agree with you. There are far more irritating characters involved this year. I don't think she's particularly exciting as a performer but she seems like a nice, slightly emotional, girl who doesn't have an attitude problem at all.
  • Options
    indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually liked her voice but she is not a pleasure to listen to. She was so self-conscious that I just felt uncomfortable. I think she's beautiful but she made no effort to present herself like someone who wants to be an entertainer. She looked like she was just popping round the corner shop for a pint of milk
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them all annoying except for Fleur and Stephi.
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them all annoying except for Fleur and Stephi.

All white acts ?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh she's well annoying. there's nothing special about her or her voice in my opinion, i just think that they've found someone in her that will play ball with what they want and will let her get as far as the public say. she's obviously being groomed for a spectacular wildcard return - i think we will see her go on last on saturday, and i wouldnt be surprised if she gets a judge visit her personally to confirm that she is the wildcard. all the others will have a phonecall.

its just obvious to me that they've given her this "rags to riches" story with the fishmonger thing, her adorable grandparents willing her to do well (exactly like we, the viewers should be doing), her being from cheryl's hometown, the confidence issues, the awful clothes, trampy trainers - it all reeks of the producers telling her what to do so the public love her. yet come saturday night, all of that will be gone miraculously.

Ah, you have it proper nailed;)
    The producers love an angle to work with and Lola has presented them with a great one for the reasons you have mentioned. They will be banking on the strong "she's so relatable, she's just like me" working class audience to put her sailing through week after week. She's almost like the anti-Chloe.
    I think Kerrianne would be the better choice myself as she doesn't reek of the sob story and desperation like Lola does.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Ah, you have it proper nailed;)
    The producers love an angle to work with and Lola has presented them with a great one for the reasons you have mentioned. They will be banking on the strong "she's so relatable, she's just like me" working class audience to put her sailing through week after week. She's almost like the anti-Chloe.
    I think Kerrianne would be the better choice myself as she doesn't reek of the sob story and desperation like Lola does.

Wasn't she complaining how she didn't want to work in a shoe shop anymore? No different to Lola there then, just a different job she hated. Working class, also.

Honestly, the reasons given to dislike Lola are so strange. Almost everyone cried on camera and said how much they wanted it. Why Lola's the only one getting stick for it on here, I have no idea. I see no reason for all the hate at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I don't like her and I don't understand the hype. Sorry. :/
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not hate for her, and she certainly doesn't deserve to be hated. It's hate for the blatant pushing of her by the producers as this terribly 'umble urchin, an undiscovered, nervewracked, Dickensian fishmonger songbird when she's actually a trained singer who went to stage school and from a relatively privileged background. She's had a massive amount of airtime since the start and even Sunday's show was all about her even though she's just not that good a singer, at least compared to the rest of her category. She can sing, but she sounds more musical theatre than solo artist, and she doesn't remotely deserve to get to the live shows ahead of Kerrianne and Emily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't she complaining how she didn't want to work in a shoe shop anymore? No different to Lola there then, just a different job she hated. Working class, also.

Honestly, the reasons given to dislike Lola are so strange. Almost everyone cried on camera and said how much they wanted it. Why Lola's the only one getting stick for it on here, I have no idea. I see no reason for all the hate at all.

Its not so much Lola - I think, vocally, she's not that special and it's quite infuriating that she's had all this treatment bestowed upon her.
  • Options
    R598R598 Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree!! I think the wildcard is Lola which is disappointing. I really hope it's Kerianne, felt well sorry for her that she wasn't even chosen as Cherly's top 3. She's going to regret not putting her in when 3 girls bar Lauren leave the competition quite early.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola is okay, but not in the same league as Fleur.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I find about 90% of the contestants annoying, but not Lola.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola is fine, she is sweet & humble girl, I don't know how she came annoying to you guys, maybe because she cried before her performance but it was just her nerves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it strange how different voices appeal to us ?
    I couldn't stand Fleur voice, but loved Lola x
    It's never going to be a case of who is right or wrong, it's just who we like better or what appeals to us the most xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indenile wrote: »
    I actually liked her voice but she is not a pleasure to listen to. She was so self-conscious that I just felt uncomfortable. I think she's beautiful but she made no effort to present herself like someone who wants to be an entertainer. She looked like she was just popping round the corner shop for a pint of milk

Indeed! Wait for the makeover, then deal with her confidence issues. She obviously has a voice to work with so the GBP will see this shy nervous wallflower bloom into a beautiful confident performer and power through to the final. The ongoing soap opera of Lola will be the story that GBP will see as one of them transforming into a star before their eyes, just as many of them dream about doing!
    An emotional rollercoaster with Simon saying "This is why we do this show to discover talent like you!"
    Can't wait. >:(
  • Options
    reddredd Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I think lola will be fine, I don't think people realize how hard it is in these auditions, they all want it so badly and the emotions take over. I do happen to know that half the time the producers want them to cry, so lola is no exception. She will be fine in the lives, of course it's nerve racking, I am backing her all the way to even go on to win, I happen to of seen her live and she certainly made heads turn and people stopped what they were doing to watch her, she happens to be a lovely person too