Kristina

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 836
Forum Member
✭✭
Gosh, not another year for her again, she's always my fav pro dancer since John Sárgeant time, this year she had a great dance partner, and her journey has been fantastic, and she's happier and glowing partnered with Simon this year, hope she;s comeback to the show next year, just tribute thread for her.

Comments

• londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I won't be surprised if she decided not to bother, next year. Simon was a great dancer and she has really loved working with him and she still didn't win so she might feel like what's the point in coming back. Also, she's 38 next year, she might want to concentrate on other things. I think that she might just come back to do the pro dances.
  • water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristina has always been my favourite Pro. I have admired her dancing, her professionalism and her choreography. Even with John Sargent she choreographed routines which suited him and their relationship was so sweet, like father and daughter.

I don't know about you but I got a real sense of finality with Kristina as if todays final was the end of the road, the journey for her. I dunno, it just sounded from the way she was talking that she wouldn't be back next year. I really do hope that isn't the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh, I won't be surprised if she decided not to bother, next year. Simon was a great dancer and she has really loved working with him and she still didn't win so she might feel like what's the point in coming back. Also, she's 38 next year, she might want to concentrate on other things. I think that she might just come back to do the pro dances.

I think you underestimate the draw of three months high profile TV for a jobbing freelance dancer!
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't bother next year, really can't stand her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you underestimate the draw of three months high profile TV for a jobbing freelance dancer!

Yeah but for Kristina, it seems like its not just a job for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but for Kristina, it seems like its not just a job for her.

You're right, but everyone has rent to pay!
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most committed pros - I really admire her choreography
  • Fallaway rFallaway r Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I really wanted them to win - you could see how much it meant to her. The way she cried after the AT was so touching
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Kristina I think she is a wonderful dancer she worked so hard with Simon and achieved wonders with him.

I hope she returns to SCD next year. She is also a great friend of Artem who I have really missed this year.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been fantastic this year and shown what a great teacher and choreographer she is. I think her passion for dance and the whole Strictly experience is also very evident and only to be commended.

It was great to see her with a really good partner after having so many that ranged from the poor to mediocre. You could easily tell how much she just thoroughly revelled in being partnered with someone of Simon's ability and potential.
  • Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon didn't quite connect enough with the public for her to get the win, but what a job she did with him.

In my opinion it was one of the best transformations the show has seen - I have a feeling she took a lot of satisfaction from that and she looked very content in the after show thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Kristina has always been my favourite Pro. I have admired her dancing, her professionalism and her choreography. Even with John Sargent she choreographed routines which suited him and their relationship was so sweet, like father and daughter.

I don't know about you but I got a real sense of finality with Kristina as if todays final was the end of the road, the journey for her. I dunno, it just sounded from the way she was talking that she wouldn't be back next year. I really do hope that isn't the case.

That would be sad. She has also been my favourite Pro dancer since Flavia left. Can't undestand why some people don't like her, but then there is a universal dislike for everyone connected with Strictly among certain factions on here. Perhaps they even hate themselves?
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most committed pros - I really admire her choreography

Me too and I think the show would be poorer without someone like her (same goes for Natalie and Ola).

I was happy Caroline & Pasha win, but also sad that Kristina lost.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    My favourite series for Kristina. I loved her with John Sergeant, less so other years, but she's struck a lovely balance this year with her choreography and she has looked very content.

She knows from her series with JS that being good doesn't always get you votes, and I think considering how often Simon was in the dance off this year she was very happy to get through to the final and the last three. She would have dearly loved the win, but I very much doubt she expected it - and that perhaps allowed them to perform their AT so very well.
  • beauty-1beauty-1 Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RocknRolla wrote: »
    I hope she doesn't bother next year, really can't stand her.

That's sad. I quite like her. She did very well with Simon.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted Simon to win more for Kristina. Love her another unlucky year
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Kristina I think she is a wonderful dancer she worked so hard with Simon and achieved wonders with him.

I hope she returns to SCD next year. She is also a great friend of Artem who I have really missed this year.

Hopefully she'll be back she's fantastic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope so, too. It explains why her and Simon are so close.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    She's been fantastic this year and shown what a great teacher and choreographer she is. I think her passion for dance and the whole Strictly experience is also very evident and only to be commended.

It was great to see her with a really good partner after having so many that ranged from the poor to mediocre. You could easily tell how much she just thoroughly revelled in being partnered with someone of Simon's ability and potential.

^^^^^^^^This

(And the one earlier year she did get someone who could dance, it turned out be a bloke who alienated many voters with his creepy needy schtick!)
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her at all. Loath the woman. However I think she has done wonders with Simon. He was, as far as I know, the only true 'never danced before contestant' in the final and gave a remarkable performance. I predict he will be snapped up for West End musicals.
    As for Kristina not returning next year; I doubt she will give up the lucrative salary so easily. She'll be back.
  • PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    She always does her best with whoever she gets as a partner, with some truly innovative and impressive choreography. Too often she's had personal criticisms for things most of us actually know very little about. I think the show would be a lot poorer without her.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is a lovely person and a great dancer/choreographer. I hope she does come back though I agree there was that air about her of this being the end. :(
    She did so well though.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a great fan of kristina but her ability to teach someone from scratch and her choreography ability is second to none, she did a fantastic job with Simon, fair play to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wanted Simon to win more for Kristina. Love her another unlucky year

I agree with you - and I hope she will be back next year. She must be one of the favourites with the public I'm sure.