European Championship 2012 Qualifiers DS Prediction Competition

Comments

• DimbleBurblebyDimbleBurbleby Posts: 11,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only 7pm kick-off saw the Czech Republic beat Liechtenstein 2-0. This gives a max to EPY, FunkmasterT, Hibs-kid-2007, neilwatson, stevenjjhill, Terrence Chant and Thebenster.

Top scores are now:

Terrence Chant 21
    digiremote 18
    Phylan78 18
    Apple_Crumble 16
    EPY 16
    Faxy Fowler 16
    FunkmasterT 16
    Sattrega 16
    Tusk0312 16
    beth84 15
    Hibs-kid-2007 14
    kwscott 14

Terrence Chant has 3 maxes form the 8 completed games and scored in more games than anyone else (6)..

The Italy-Serbia game has been abandoned.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to crowd trouble apparently :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A single 7:15 kick-off as well: Denmark's 2-0 win over Cyprus was worth 5 points to: DDRickyDD, digiremote, DimbleBurbleby, Henderson, kwscott, Realale, taurus_67, Tusk0312, Watcher #1 and yakutz. Everyone else scored 2 points in this match.

Top scores are:

digiremote 23
    Terrence Chant 23
    Tusk0312 21
    Phylan78 20
    kwscott 19
    Apple_Crumble 18
    DimbleBurbleby 18
    EPY 18
    Faxy Fowler 18
    FunkmasterT 18
    Sattrega 18
    beth84 17
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    after friday's/saturday's lot I'm not doing good tonight :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 6 7:30 kick-offs have finished.

4 players went for a 1-0 Slovenia win in Estonia: digiremote, Henderson, Phylan78 and Potholderz. 15 other players scored 2 points

5 players got a max from Russia's 1-0 win in the FYR Macedonia: Hayden, neilwatson, Simon1984, stevenjjhill and uls2000. 23 others got 2 points this time

No-one went for the Netherlands to beat Sweden 4-1 but 36 players did score 2 points.

6 players went for Moldova to win 2-0 in San Marino: Apple_Crumble, DimbleBurbleby, ianincleveland, Potholderz, Super Dog Man and uls2000. 30 others got 2 points

A bit success was the 1-1 draw between Slovakia and the Republic of Ireland with 12 players get that spot on: Apple_Crumble, DimbleBurbleby, Hayden, ianincleveland, neilwatson, Phylan78, Potholderz, Psycho_Ned, Sattrega, Terrence Chant, Tusk0312 and Watcher #1. 5 other players went for a draw.

Again no-one went for teh Swiss to win 4-1 but 32 players did score 2 points.

Top scores are now:

Phylan78 36
    Terrence Chant 36
    Apple_Crumble 34
    digiremote 34
    Potholderz 33
    DimbleBurbleby 32
    ianincleveland 31
    neilwatson 31
    Sattrega 31
    Tusk0312 30
    Hayden 29
    Watcher #1 29
    beth84 27
    Henderson 27

digiremote and Phylan78 have 3 maxes and an uber-max each, whilst Apple_Crumble, DimbleBurbleby, Terrence Chant and Tusk0312 have 4 maxes.

Potholderz and Terrence Chant have scored in the most matches: 12
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    I'm not getting the Scotland score correct but don't give a flying :@*~ :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 more matches have finished.

Lots of late goals in Belgium's 4-4 draw with Austria resulted in no ubers, but 12 players did get 2 points for going for a draw.

More successful was Greece's 2-1 win over Israel. Alfie2008, Apple_Crumble, beth84, digiremote, Hayden, kwscott, Potholderz, Terrence Chant and WoodsMonk all scored maximum points. 13 others scored 2 points.

Top scorers now are:

Terrence Chant 43
    digiremote 41
    Potholderz 40
    Apple_Crumble 39
    Phylan78 38
    DimbleBurbleby 34
    Hayden 34
    ianincleveland 33
    Sattrega 33
    beth84 32
    kwscott 32
    Tusk0312 32
    neilwatson 31
    Watcher #1 31
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    You seem to have missed me out in the round up.
    I got 5 points in the Denmark-Cyprus game, Estonia-Slovenia, Slovakia- Ireland Republic,Greece- Israel
    I have got 34 points overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 1 game left now :).

Apple_Crumble was the only player to go for a draw between England and Montenegro - but as he went for a 1-1 draw only scores 2 points.

5 players went for France to beat Luexmbourg 2-0: beth84, digiremote, Faxy Fowler, FunkmasterT and kwscott. Everyone else scored 2 points.

No-one went for Spain to win 3-2 in Scotland, so everyone got 2 points from that match

Apologies to -Bandit- I had missed some of your predictions in the earlier write ups - you got maxes for the wins for Germany, Moldova and Greece.

Further apologies to basdfg, as you pointed out I missed your predictions too. You scored maxes in the games in Denmark, Estonia, Greece and Slovakia

Also fab got the Czech Republic's 2-0 win spot on

Sorry for that guys :)

Top scores are now:

digiremote 48
    Terrence Chant 47
    Apple_Crumble 45
    Potholderz 44
    Phylan78 42
    beth84 39
    kwscott 39
    basdfg 38
    DimbleBurbleby 38
    Hayden 38
    ianincleveland 37
    Sattrega 37
    Tusk0312 36
    -Bandit- 35
    neilwatson 35
    Watcher #1 35

digiremote has the most exacts: 5 maxes and an uber.

Potholderz and Terrence Chant have scored in 16 matches so far
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Just in case I forget my predictions for the two games between now and the next lot of full fixtures.
    Finland 3-0 San Marino
    Croatia 4-0 Malta
    Both on the 17th November 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff Dim, I'm off to bed now (Portugal result still pending)... looks like I might have a table I'll look forward to doing tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portugal's 3-1 uber win in Iceland was a very nice way to finish the evening for Apple_Crumble, DimbleBurbleby, FunkmasterT, ianincleveland, Phylan78, taurus_67, Tusk0312 and will2510.

Top scores for this round were:

Apple_Crumble 52
    digiremote 50
    Phylan78 49
    Terrence Chant 49
    Potholderz 46
    DimbleBurbleby 45
    ianincleveland 44
    Tusk0312 43
    beth84 41
    kwscott 41
    basdfg 40
    FunkmasterT 40

Full table (and lots of checking first) from TC tomorrow.
  • ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason there were only 15 predictions for the Hungary's 2-1 win in Finland :p. (ignoring Henderson's rather late but clearly honest prediction)

Apple_Crumble and Hibs-kid-2007 were the only ones to get a max, whilst beth84, Terrence Chant and Thebenster scored 2 points.

3 players lost out on a max to the 94th minute winner::EPY, taurus_67 and yakutz.

if you check mine Dimble you will see i inserted the Finland game in my list and predicted 2-1:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you check mine Dimble you will see i inserted the Finland game in my list and predicted 2-1:)

Thanks for pointing that out Ian - I had actually missed that one. I wrote a program that reads the predictions from the forum and it initially looks for predicted scores separated by a "-" or a "v" and if it doesn't find any it looks for the scores listed after the country names. It also tells me how many predictions each player has made so it should be easier to spot a missed game. Unfortunately all of your predictions except for this one used a "-" but for this match said Finland 1=2 Hungary. So the program missed it and because so many people missed the Finland game I never re-checked. I have updated the data and sent it on to TC.

It just goes to show it is worth checking - and apologies to those affected by the problems I was encountering in reading the predictions. A lot of these were down to people spelling Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan incorrectly (or copying and pasting someone who had spelt them incorrectly) or simply using the name Ireland (the program isn't that complicated to know which Ireland is involved in which game). The program expects to find 2 countries on each line - otherwise it ignores the line (so if a country is spelt wrong it will only see one country and not treat it as a prediction). I do have a series of aliases setup so that Holland and Netherlands are seen as the same country for example (and it generally looks at the first 4 or 5 characters in a country's name to wotk out what the country should be). If the program ignores a prediction it throws out the predictions for each subsequent match. I will try and improve the robustness each round and hopefully I have all of the predictions so far (as I do go back and check if a player shows as not predicting every match).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of these were down to people spelling Liechtenstein and Kazakhstan incorrectly

:D:D

Another reason for not letting these minnows in the tournament :p
  • ThebensterThebenster Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    17 November
    Finland 3-0 San Marino
    Croatia 4-1 Malta
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA have announced that the Italy v Serbia game goes on record as a 3-0 win to Italy.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    Finland 4-0 San Marino
    Croatia 3-0 Malta
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland 3-0 San Marino
    Croatia 3-0 Malta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    FIFA have announced that the Italy v Serbia game goes on record as a 3-0 win to Italy.

Will this count in the prediction league as they where given the result rather than actually winning 3-0
  • digiremotedigiremote Posts: 3,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland 1-0 San Marino
    Croatia 3-1 Malta
  • Phylan78Phylan78 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finland 5 San Marino 0
    Croatia 3 Malta 1
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland 3-0 San Marino
    Croatia 2-0 Malta
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Finland 4-0 San Marino
    Croatia 4-0 Malta
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these the only games we have to predict...?

Finland 2-0 San Marino
    Croatia 2-0 Malta