Options

New Halifax advert

tigermadtigermad Posts: 858
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello

Does anyone know who the blonde/white haired woman is on the latest Halifax advert. I am sure she was in a reality or music show.

You can find the advert on youtube (not sure I am allowed to post links).

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    tigermad wrote: »
    Hello

Does anyone know who the blonde/white haired woman is on the latest Halifax advert. I am sure she was in a reality or music show.

You can find the advert on youtube (not sure I am allowed to post links).

Thanks

She was one of the contestants on Over the Rainbow. :0)
  • Options
    tigermadtigermad Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurrah. Thank you!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    loulou63 wrote: »
    She was one of the contestants on Over the Rainbow. :0)

She was also in a cycle of Britain's Next Top Model.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire Harbourne x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halfax Building Society Proudly wasting investors money on bad advertising since 1980
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Some of the worst ads on TV. Please stop the singing.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I thought all the stars of the Halifax/BOS adverts were actually workers. :mad:
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No - they made most of the good workers redundant and just kept the brown-nosers. (And BoS had nothing to do with tat - it was all down to Halifax (bad) management. Which is why HBOS ended up in the doo-doo. (Thank you, Andy "HBOS Killer" Hornby - whose sole financial knowledge was working in Asda)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I have to turn over when this ad comes on, smarmy smiles, daft bloody tune. I do the same with the L/TSB daft sounding music and stupid humanoid cartoon figures. Their all false, these gits got us in this shit and now try and patronise us with happy banking faces, yeh, eat my feaces.
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not seen it, but it can't be as bad as the 'radio station' adverts - they were terrible.

Disclaimer: I work in radio and NO radio station is like Halifax FM!
  • Options
    Hells_ChickenHells_Chicken Posts: 462
    Forum Member

They are, one of my colleagues also works for Halifax, and she was invited to be in the adverts. She said she would have, but she cant sing or dance! LOL
  • Options
    buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they are, i work for the bank (but not in anywhere interesting) and we get invited to apply to be in the adverts, but only if you are of the Halifax heritage, ie no one who was working at Lloyds TSB at the time of the takeover can do it
  • Options
    ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Claire was/is a bank manager, if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Son of one of my church friends is in it. Yep he works for them. She's shown me the 'Making of'... DVD :)