Davina Beyond Breaking Point

2»

Comments

• ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Edit - thinking about it, I'm sure David Walliams did his marathon swim up the Thames much later in the year.

Edit- I've just checked and he did his swim in September. Maybe it was the only time she could do it then.

Yeah....he did it in September the year before, probably so he had time to get better from whatever he caught before the night itself.

Finishing in the dark was a bit stupid when he did that.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    She did brilliantly. I'm not surprised she was crying, she looked exhausted most of the time. I was knackered watching her and I was crying when she got to the end of the swim and i don't usually get emotional over TV.

There will always be one or two people like the one above acting like she had no reason to be upset.
  • elle77elle77 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    For no reason? :confused:

Given what I've heard about her she hasn't had the easiest of lives especially when she was younger. Not that it's relevant at all. Physical exhaustion can make you emotional, shock horror.

Well said. I think I'd cry too if I was as wet, cold and exhausted as she was. She has definitely gone up in my estimation-well done to her
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    Donations raised £2.2m
  • sonparcsonparc Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I think people only do these publicity stunts when their media careers are flagging - no entertainment value for me.I would be more impressed if it was off camera.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing her being dragged out of the lake and I watched this last week. I felt for her and for the first time I donated because of a celeb challenge!

well done Davina