Death in Paradise Series 4 Thursday Jan 8th 2015

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    So you miss the scenery (and I don't mean just the shorts)?

No, the shorts don't do much for me! As for the real scenery, which is definitely very beautiful, you don't have to have your eyes glued to the tv set the whole time to notice it.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    I don't know if it's common knowledge but the first series with Ben Miller starts a repeat on the ALIBI sky channel "132" on saturday March 7th at 2 pm
    Looking forward to it

I never saw the earlier series so interesting to watch those, are they going to repeat other series?

By the end of the day the wearing of heavy suit and tie all the time was getting a bit annoying. Also surely no real Englishman would go out in hot sunshine without something on his head? Not necessarily a pith helmet but something to keep the sun off.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I never saw the earlier series so interesting to watch those, are they going to repeat other series?

By the end of the day the wearing of heavy suit and tie all the time was getting a bit annoying. Also surely no real Englishman would go out in hot sunshine without something on his head? Not necessarily a pith helmet but something to keep the sun off.

Exactly!

I made the same point early on about that series and the sight of Ben Miller in said suit, attempting to drag his suitcase on wheels up to the beach to his cabin, when there was a perfectly good path a few yards away. But I got "shouted down."

Attempts to add comedic incidences in a drama can be a bit ham-fisted and often aren't funny.

In contrast, in a recent episode of Hi-de-Hi, Jeffrey is in his chalet, about to step into n his newly pressed trousers when Gladys walks in the door. She looks at him and his trousers. Jeffrey suitably embarrassed, open trousers in hand, closes the fly zip.

That simple action was really funny.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

Series 2 is repeated on starting Thursday 12th March on Alibi - I think at 9.00pm but check time 'cos I'm not 100%.

'Richard's' suit & tie was part of his eccentricity. If it was 'real' drama, hats and gallons of sun-cream would be abundant, but this is just light-hearted easy watching. It's good fun, but details are sometimes best ignored :D:o:D
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Series 2 is repeated on starting Thursday 12th March on Alibi - I think at 9.00pm but check time 'cos I'm not 100%.

'Richard's' suit & tie was part of his eccentricity. If it was 'real' drama, hats and gallons of sun-cream would be abundant, but this is just light-hearted easy watching. It's good fun, but details are sometimes best ignored :D:o:D

I can see it was a gag to show his eccentricity but they just seemed to have dragged out. But it was as watchable as the last series.
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made the same point early on about that series and the sight of Ben Miller in said suit, attempting to drag his suitcase on wheels up to the beach to his cabin, when there was a perfectly good path a few yards away. But I got "shouted down."

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

I wasn't objecting to the idea, just the fact that they'd milked it to the long past the point it was funny.

But true fanbois will not hear a word against the objects of their affections.

I still thought it was/think it is an excellent series.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Threadflounce! :D

That is the best word EVER!!!!
  • Options
    Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me... the show has got better after Camille left, along with the ridiculous Humph "I'm in love with Camille" plot line.

However, to me, the majority of Humph's part still seems to be written for Richard, and the plot lines are starting to repeat themselves.

I have to admit I was hoping that Humph was going to clear off back to London, take Florence with him, and Richard and Camille would be on the next return flight.

If the show was brand new now, I would probably quite like it in it's set up, but as it is, it's not a patch on the first two series
  • Options
    sonparcsonparc Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I have just been catching up on the last two episodes and am glad a previous post commented on Florence's dress in the final scene in the bar - I thought she looked terrific !
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Series 5

Thu, Jan 7 · 21:00-22:00 · BBC One (HD)
    Death in Paradise
    1/8 - 5, Episode 1

DI Goodman and his team are tested when a millionaire philanthropist is murdered on his boat, and the only suspects were all underwater at the time.

Meanwhile, DI Goodman's new hobby raises a few eyebrows...

Credits

DI Humphrey Goodman.................Kris Marshall
    Officer Dwayne MyersDanny....... John-Jules
    DS Florence Cassell ......................Josephine Jobert
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    New Series 5

Thu, Jan 7 · 21:00-22:00 · BBC One (HD)
    Death in Paradise
    1/8 - 5, Episode 1

DI Goodman and his team are tested when a millionaire philanthropist is murdered on his boat, and the only suspects were all underwater at the time.

Meanwhile, DI Goodman's new hobby raises a few eyebrows...

Credits

DI Humphrey Goodman.................Kris Marshall
    Officer Dwayne MyersDanny....... John-Jules
    DS Florence Cassell ......................Josephine Jobert

A new hobby? Wassat? Florence watching?
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Perhaps a new thread?