Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anap wrote: »
    United to offer £15M for Seamus Coleman (or £20M + Johnny Evans!).

Yeah. You won't get him for that.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. You won't get him for that.

2 years ago maybe, but after being infected with the Martinez DNA I would say we should be looking at closer to what pool is paying for Clyne.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 years ago maybe, but after being infected with the Martinez DNA I would say we should be looking at closer to what pool is paying for Clyne.

Ok, then do that. But I promise you Everton won't sell him for £15m, let alone less than that
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £15m and Evans sounds fair.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    Jones has just extended his contract, if he stays the course (and he should) he's here till at least 2019....
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god jones no. Are we actually gonna sign some players.
  • Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £15m for Coleman sounds reasonable enough without throwing Evans in the mix.
  • mark owenmark owen Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Breaking news on Skysports News Sergio Ramos whants to leave Real Madrid this summer and the only club he whants to go to is us and we have made a bid of £28.6m.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    mark owen wrote: »
    Breaking news on Skysports News Sergio Ramos whants to leave Real Madrid this summer and the only club he whants to go to is us and we have made a bid of £28.6m.

Hope if it is true we can conclude a deal quickly would hate it to turn into saga, Ramos would be a great signing for us in my opinion he would improve us at the back, good signing if it comes off but i expect it will drag on and on>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramos would be an amazing signing. I can't believe that it seems to actually be happening. Wouldn't have put down a quid to win a tenner on the chances of this a month ago. Wouldn't have even occurred to me it might be a possibility.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I find the whole Ramos saga fairly odd - and SSN tweets even more so. A lot of this news is fairly old news and broke last week - I even recall the figure being banded about bring similar to the one that was rejected by Madrid. Hey, it may even be lower than than last week's bid! Furthermore, the news about Ramos telling Madrid he wants to leave and to listen to offers was news broken be Cadena Cope, AS et al last week too - and at that point RM looked non-committal in regards to selling him. Indeed that news appears to based on a meeting between Jose Angel Sanchez and Ramos (quoted in Sid Low's article) last week that was reported pretty widely at the time. Why SSN/Hunter have only caught onto it now, is beyond me.

Perez appeared to think he could 'calm' the situation down, so to speak. Furthermore, there is the problem between our evaluation of Ramos and RM's. With two years on his contract, RM are in the driving seat in regards to his evaluation - and they apparently value Ramos between 90m - 100m euros. We, are only ready to match half that amount and according to Ogden (he elaborates on this in his Schneiderlin article) we are reluctant to go to such figures.

Sky Sports were also the people who told us that Gundogan was close to signing for us...and look how that turned out. Until we hear that us and RM are actively in negotiations for Ramos I'd advise caution - this looks like the British press essentially re-hasing last week's news, with SSN slow on the line. I suspect that Ramos does want to leave RM, the question is whether Perez will let a popular, Spanish player who is RM's vice captain leave. He is unlike Di Maria and Ozil in this instance.

On the good front, Schneiderlin looks pretty likely. Arsenal appear to be out of race - Wenger seems to be putting his faith in Coquelin, so there seems to be only us as option for Schneiderlin, although apparently Koeman's said we haven't put in a serious bid for him yet. So that's rather strange....
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramos would be an amazing signing. I can't believe that it seems to actually be happening. Wouldn't have put down a quid to win a tenner on the chances of this a month ago. Wouldn't have even occurred to me it might be a possibility.

Same here. Even when it was first mentioned last week, I assumed it was purely him playing silly buggers with Madrid over his contract. It might still be of course, but what we're hearing would suggest it's gone past that stage.

I can't say I particularly like his antics, but he's an excellent defender, has a medal haul that is the envy of most others and is a leader, and we don't currently have too many of them in the squad.

Besides, the aforementioned antics would ensure that he's despised by the ABU nation, and that'll do for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people calling it a saga? It's barely been a week.

Just because some tabloids reported a bit last week doesn't make it so and I doubt if the BBC would just report what AS said a week later. BBC, Guardian, Sky Sports have their own sources.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we could chuck Evans into the mix for any deal for Ramos.

You never know, they signed Gravesen and Faubert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people calling it a saga? It's barely been a week.

Just because some tabloids reported a bit last week doesn't make it so and I doubt if the BBC would just report what AS said a week later. BBC, Guardian, Sky Sports have their own sources.

It feels like it's been longer than a week though.

As for tabloids it wasn't just tabloids that reported it - the Independent were probably the most noteworthy source who reported it last week. The BBC, Guardian, and Sky Sports probably do have their own sources but their essentially reporting old news with these sources - they're about a week behind. All the BBC seem to have reported is that we've bid 28.6m - seemingly quite similar to figure that got rejected by Madrid last week. Their reports - that United think they can really get him was something already reported last week by Ducker, who said in his Times column that United believe they have been given information that Ramos' bid to leave is genuine.

Likewise Ramos' meeting with Angel Jose Sanchez, was well reported by AS, Marca and Cadena Cope (COPE are apparently quite reliable) a week ago. Nothing that Hunter is saying (and that is were SSN's information appears to be coming from) is remotely new from that. Ducker also reported last week that we want Ramos to make some kind of public declaration that he wants to leave....that indicates that we feel he needs to do that before RM will consider selling Ramos'. And that's of course if we meet RM's asking price....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week, from memory, everyone was citing "reports in Spain" likely citing one source. Today everyone seems to be claiming it as their own.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The important point here is what is being said, not who is saying it.

This is not normal transfer bullshit, he wants out and he wants United
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week, from memory, everyone was citing "reports in Spain" likely citing one source. Today everyone seems to be claiming it as their own.

I don't see what the significance of that is - it's still essentially the same information dressed up as an 'update' on the situation - when isn't really telling United fans what wasn't known before. In any case not all reports relied completely on information from Spain - Ducker's article as far as I can recall didn't, and Ogden's report today also didn't either.

I know the transfer muppets on the Caf (bless them) are getting really excited by this but until you hear that Real Madrid and United are in negotiations, it's all in the air. Personally I think that despite Ramos' demands Madrid won't sell him. But we'll see.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big talk from Shkodran Mustafi's agent, as well as his dad, that Madrid are seriously interested in him.

Just speculation of course, but could indicate that they're looking for a replacement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what the significance of that is - it's still essentially the same information dressed up as an 'update' on the situation - when isn't really telling United fans what wasn't known before. In any case not all reports relied completely on information from Spain - Ducker's article as far as I can recall didn't, and Ogden's report today also didn't either.

I know the transfer muppets on the Caf (bless them) are getting really excited by this but until you hear that Real Madrid and United are in negotiations, it's all in the air. Personally I think that despite Ramos' demands Madrid won't sell him. But we'll see.

No it isn't. The first thing you hear isn't true by virtue of the fact it's the first thing you hear. Nor are you smarter because you think anything other than the first thing you hear is untrue.

There was ONE report last week that media sources here cited as with "reports in Spain say..." now all the media outlets are claiming they've been told United have made a bid. It's NOT rehashed information from last week. It's really not that hard if you stopped trying to be the smartest person in the room and actually paid attention.

Muppets aren't anywhere near as bad as "I know **** all but here's what's definitely happening..." know-alls.

The difference isn't exactly subtle either. It's not repeating the same story. Pay attention to how the story is being reported not just the contents of the information. The BBC certainly wouldn't run with the story without citing "sources in Spain", which they don't, without having it first-hand.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An exciting turn of events.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it isn't. The first thing you hear isn't true by virtue of the fact it's the first thing you hear. Nor are you smarter because you think anything other than the first thing you hear is untrue.
    It's not about the first thing you hear being true - it's a strawman argument you're using there. It's about the fact the information being given hear is no different to the information being given last week. And on the validity of the reports, one of the most extensive reporters of the news Cadena COPE is pretty reliable in Spain - they are hardly tabloid BSers. Likewise La Sexta and Marca - both Perez mouthpieces - also reported similar in regard to Ramos' wishes. I don't claim to be smarter than anyone; that's your assertion.
    There was ONE report last week that media sources here cited as with "reports in Spain say..." now all the media outlets are claiming they've been told United have made a bid. It's NOT rehashed information from last week. It's really not that hard if you stopped trying to be the smartest person in the room and actually paid attention.
    It is rehashed information from last week. You appear to be focusing on the articles no longer citing reports from Spain, but my point is that the content itself is not different to what had been reported last week. Even the BBC and Sky last week both reported that we've very interested in Ramos last week - and that interest as far as I can recall, was not even based off reports in Spain. That we've bidded for Ramos (and had it rejected) is also not news either, as was reported by SSN today. The people reporting it may now be British rather than Spanish, but the content is virtually the same. That's my point.
    Muppets aren't anywhere near as bad as "I know **** all but here's what's definitely happening..." know-alls.

Oh dear.
    The difference isn't exactly subtle either. It's not repeating the same story. Pay attention to how the story is being reported not just the contents of the information. The BBC certainly wouldn't run with the story without citing "sources in Spain", which they don't, without having it first-hand.
    And? The content of the information we're interested in Ramos, Ramos wants to leave, we've submitted a bid is the same content from last week. It doesn't matter whether it's first-hand sources they've got from or not, the information is pretty much the same as what was being reported in Spain last week.
  • plymouth_chrisplymouth_chris Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    apprantley united are close to signing turan from atletico madrid anyone know much about him?
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    Till the ink's dry, then Ramos will be a United player. To many variables being banded about and we've been in similar situations before with other players. He'd make a good partner for Jones or Rojo in our defence.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fellaini and Ramos in the same side, the FA will be relocating their disciplinary panel to up North.
This discussion has been closed.