Options

Supertramp Fans

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Any Supertramp fans out there, they're one of my favourite bans of all time. My favourite songs are Breakfast in America, Lord is it Mine, Take the Long Way Home and Fool's Overture.

Today I've been recording my own version of Breakfast in America with my cousin :D, my high voice came in quite handy. :cool:

Any other fans out there? :)

Comments

• Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crime of the Century was a classic album.....Hide in your shell is one of my top ten "soundtrack of my life" songs
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Take a look at my girlfriend,she's the only one i got.Not much of a girlfriend,i never seem to get a lot.
    Kippers for breakfast?.No thanks sweetheart.....
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamer is a cool track! :cool:
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProgRocker wrote: »
    Dreamer is a cool track! :cool:

Very cool .... in fact I now know what I'll be listening to on the way home :D
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Do they do the song which is like i'm a golllllllllllllden retriever'
    i have that on my ipod but i'm not sure if it's these guys or Supergrass:o
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the logical song :o

Do they do the song which is like i'm a golllllllllllllden retriever'
    i have that on my ipod but i'm not sure if it's these guys or Supergrass:o

PMSL :o:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    okay i looked at the song i was thinking of was by Super Furry Animals
    WOOPS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were talking about 'dreamer' but had just got the lyrics horribly wrong, which was why I was pissing meself :o:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nope i don't think i've ever heard anything by Supertramp unless they sing Richard III, but i think that is probably Super Furry Animals as well!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope thats supergrass.....brilliant guitar riff in it.

You will have heard loads of supertramp.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfjIw3mivc

the logical song....

scooter did a 'remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BruEmB7_1ok

dreamer....this is the one i thought you thought had the lyrics about a golden retriever which made me LOL
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    player1 wrote: »
    Crime of the Century was a classic album.....Hide in your shell is one of my top ten "soundtrack of my life" songs

Agree ' Crime of the century',....classic

;
    ..Hide in your shell /agree again, one of my faves
    And ; 'Bloody well right'

bought it back in .1978.ish and now cd
  • Options
    themadmonkthemadmonk Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Crime of The Century is my favourite Supertramp album if not one of my favourite albums full stop. School and Bloody Well Right are the standout tracks for me!
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More years ago than I'm going to admit to they played at (what was then) the Black Prince in Bexley. By the time they finished we'd missed our last train and asked if they could ask if anyone was heading back to Gravesend that could give us a lift (you could do things like that back then!). No-one was so they gave us a lift in their van.

Always remember that when I hear their songs, they were really nice, I'm glad they went on to great success.

:)
  • Options
    tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I think they are a bit of a guilty pleasure band for some. I don't like a lot of the obvious ones these days and I could do without hearing 'The Logical Song' ever again. However, I like a few of their songs and am glad to hear 'Give A Little Bit' on the McCain's advert at the moment.

Dreamer is one of my favourites.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked Breakfast in America, and Take the Long Way Home became quite poignant for me about 5 years ago.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Any Supertramp fans out there, they're one of my favourite bans of all time. My favourite songs are Breakfast in America, Lord is it Mine, Take the Long Way Home and Fool's Overture.

Yes, certainly from Crime of the Century through Breakfast in America. I like the songs you mention too. Fool's Overture is sort of their equivalent to Rush's Xanadu. Completely different songs but similar in combining defining elements of the band in one long song.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay i looked at the song i was thinking of was by Super Furry Animals
    WOOPS

All sort of in the Progressive Pop sphere I suppose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    player1 wrote: »

I second that.
  • Options
    xxjemimaxxxxjemimaxx Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I agree about Crime of the Century.......Hide in you shell was the best track on it closely followed by Bloody well right ........oh and School :D