Options

X Factor: Best and Worst Auditions, ITV2, 8pm, Wednesday

2»

Comments

• Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, out of all of them, only Louis was really bad vocally from what we've seen of then auditions

Niall was a bit messy, but he had a decent tone. And he came across as kind of endearing too, which helps.

Zayn I thought was better than most of his live show performances (not saying much, perhaps, but still...) :p

But in any case, it's always been about the complete package as much of the vocals. I can easily see why all of them went through. Except Louis. But then he's always been the inexplicable member of the band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »
    But in any case, it's always been about the complete package as much of the vocals. I can easily see why all of them went through. Except Louis. But then he's always been the inexplicable member of the band.

Lol I do really like Louis, but I am at a loss as to why they put him through. I'm glad they did because he's lovely in the band and all, but it really doesn't make any sense.

From what we saw of that audition, he can't really sing, and although a lot of people find him attractive, that's mostly down to his personality which they only know of now, and he's not particularly good-looking on first glance or anything. So I'm not sure why they'd put him through. He had a good outfit on though! Maybe that was it :')

Idk, maybe they just put through all young, cool guys who aren't terrible singers just in case.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    I don't think Liam's auditon was THAT good.

a) He was doing an american accent during it
    b) He was singing like he was on broadway
    c) He was trying to swallow the microphone on many an occasion

Why is that a bad thing? Takes a lot more talent to sing musical theatre than it does to sing a few lines of solo and then mime along to a backing track in a boyband.

I can imagine Liam moving into musicals once Wand Erection give up - has worked for a few ex pop singers.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most casual listeners , withough necessarily realising it, describe a singer as sounding 'musical theatre' when they have qualities typical of the genre, such as a generally pleasant but bland voice, with consistent volume/tone, but little if any depth or dynamics/light and shade.It is the sort of voice that makes a good bland canvass to take on various characters , rather than memorable relating to an artist's overall 'package', and that is a good thing-but not for a vocalist or popstar outside the genre.