Oct 23rd 6pm UK time Apple live event discussion

12345679»

Comments

• d123d123 Posts: 8,594
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    The adverts are different though. They dont directly compare the S3 next to an iphone like apple did yesterday with the tablets.

Don't they? I presume someone else did the "Genius" ad without permission from Samsung then?

samsung-vs-apple-ad.jpeg
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »
    Don't they? I presume someone else did the "Genius" ad without permission from Samsung then?

samsung-vs-apple-ad.jpeg

I was referring to the tv ads.

But that ad, does do what Apple have done. The biggest and probably the most important point being, that Samsung didnt do that at the event where they announced the S3.
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    I don't suppose Samsung would ever stoop to such tactics (e.g. in adverts) ?
    They dont directly compare the S3 next to an iphone like apple did yesterday with the tablets.
    I was referring to the tv ads.

But that ad, does do what Apple have done. The biggest and probably the most important point being, that Samsung didnt do that at the event where they announced the S3.

Slightly clutching at straws there, tdenson commented about Samsung doing it in adverts, no mention of TV, you answered that Samsung have never directly compared the S3 to the iPhone, again no mention of TV there.
    Forum Member
    Slightly clutching at straws there, tdenson commented about Samsung doing it in adverts, no mention of TV, you answered that Samsung have never directly compared the S3 to the iPhone, again no mention of TV there.

Not clutching at straws. I genuinely thought he meant tv adverts.

However I did say in my previous post, that Samsung have done what Apple have done. I didnt try to cover for Samsung, or make an excuse for them. Although I did say, that there was a big difference in where the comparison was made (at the launch versus some ad at a later date).
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon too.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a433936/amazon-takes-swipe-at-ipad-mini-with-homepage-ad.html

edit: whats this about no HD movies or TV - just a reference to the resolution again?
    Forum Member

samsung-vs-apple-ad.jpeg

Looks like apple can also play at that game.

If nothing else, at least it provides a bit of amusement.
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Amazon too.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a433936/amazon-takes-swipe-at-ipad-mini-with-homepage-ad.html

edit: whats this about no HD movies or TV - just a reference to the resolution again?

I am guessing to say you have an HD display, it has to meet some minimum resolution? Then again, its probably just marketing speak.
    Forum Member

They all play these games, they are all as bad as each other.

There is no "good guy" and "bad guy".
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that one was by the fans. Rather unimaginative fans in this case.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o That's just plain embarrassing in places. I'd love my Nexus 7 to have an SD card port, I don't dismiss it the whole concept just in case I'd misplace the SDcard!!