Options

River City

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont see how that bloke could have been Malcolm,s son, as it was mentioned his mother was Malcolm,s first girlfriend before he met his wife Rose, so that would mean the guy would have to be older than Gina and Eileen and would be in his 50,s. Wouldn,t say he was that age. Also, is anyone else fed up with all this gangster stuff, and these new characters every week. Feel the old characters are being sidelined, and just given pointless storylines now , just to give them something to do, such as the poker rubbish last night, and Malcom,s letters last week.

Unless the last letter we didn't see was about Malcom and this womans affair. and Naming him as father. There must be a reason we didn't see the letter.
  • Options
    davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Just been on the BBc site, that isn't Sullivan from Dream Team trying to get with Ruth is it?

Two people from Dream Team in the show at the same time? Its like Hollyoaks!

Yes RC rules - 2 from dream team at the same time !!
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote: »
    Vader goes with her in real life!!!!!!! (insert vomit smiley!) Christ, she is a dog! Has a jaw on her like David Coulthard. Ah well.
    Saw laura last month and found her to really pretty no make up etc, she looked better than when she appears on RC. Honest.
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davlaur wrote: »
    Yes RC rules - 2 from dream team at the same time !!

Thats not a good thing!

Sullivan was in the show forever but only really got lines in his last year or so. The fact he wasn't good enough for Dream Team until it was on its dying legs. Lets hope he's a passer through, I don't think I could handle him and Danny McKee in the same episode
  • Options
    no1droogieno1droogie Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure they dress down a lot of actors to make them look more gritty and realistic, you cant expect them all to look like that in real life. I mainly watch for Nicky now.MMm....wonder if she likes the boaby.um i mean Boab.Yeh Boab.......you know Boab that works in the garage.

*composes self*

*carrys on as normal*
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gangster stuff is makeing it like brookie, was the new lad adam barlow from corrie, i mean the 1st adam barlow?
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    The gangster stuff is makeing it like brookie, was the new lad adam barlow from corrie, i mean the 1st adam barlow?

Well done you!! We were all sat trying to figure out what he had been in before - that's exactly who he was before!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed in the current state of the show.

WHen they initially revamped the show, it was dreadful for the first 2 or 3 weeks, but once it settled into itself I felt it had really got it right and the 4 or 5 weeks before the Hogmanay episode I thought were great, the music was used correctly, the storylines were flowing with storylines building slowly and the culmination given a full week, like Jo's fake pregnancy being mentioned for a couple of weeks, then a full episode of her faking a miscarriage/avoiding doctors.

Now its just a shambles, the poker thing was just like, Scott and Ruth haven't had a storyline for a while, what can we give them? Hmm how about a poker night copied directly from Friends and it covers half the cast. Whoever wrote that storyline should seriously consider getting a new profession, it was clear plagiarism. Even Scarlett couldn't save that storyline, and when a storyline can't be saved by the fabulous Scarlett, then you know for sure its a 100% Stinker.
  • Options
    freddyboy35freddyboy35 Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I tend to agree with you there rivercity_rules. The latest episode seemed like they were struggling for stories. They seem to have got into a habit of trying to start and end a story in the one episode which isn't any good for deeper plots/storylines. I really hope things improve soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the current long term storyline they are going for is reforming Lenny.

He rarely did anything "gangster" when his family were introduced, there were hints at what he and Ewan were doing, but now we are seeing what he gets up to.

I think he'll get worse and worse before reaching a finale, he's been warned to turn over a new leaf by the fake psychic, turned against his son, got a rival in Captain Titanic and I think he'll hit the roof if Rory and Nathan get together, which seems likely. I think he could become as he was originally, he's still not had any comeback for what he did to Whiteside or Eddie. I think this year will be the end or at least the reformation of Lenny Murdoch.

Other than that there appears to be no continuity between episodes whatsoever.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    sob sob sob.... I've not be able to watch Rc without having to turn over, through frustration at the current storylines...

I've never seen so many angry mobster types wandering around my wee town... crikey.. so why portray life in this way? very silly... unless anyone can tell me that town life is really like that, in which case, I'm glad I live rurally... lol lol lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havent seen tuesday's yet will watch it tomoz

i just cant get what they are doing to rory why turn him into something hes shown no interest in before. have we seen him look at another man with a little glint in his eye NO and now it looks like hes gonna have an interest in men
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could explain that he's never had attention from a guy, plus would you really blame him for being off women after Zoe turned out to be a prostitute and as far as he knows, she slept with Ewan. The way he treated Iona could be shown as him hating women now.

Agree its a bit out of the blue, well a lot out of the blue, but as its his exit storyline and when he leaves it doesn't really matter what he goes on to do, they are obviously turning him gay as a device towards his exit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which to me is a crap ending. they could of done so much more with rory but this is a lame way for someone's exit oh we cant be bothered thinking so lets turn him gay.

yeah i do agree zoe probably has put the poor bloke of woman for life

iv had some B's as boyfriends but im not turning lesbian lol you live and learn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    sob sob sob.... I've not be able to watch Rc without having to turn over, through frustration at the current storylines...

I've never seen so many angry mobster types wandering around my wee town... crikey.. so why portray life in this way? very silly... unless anyone can tell me that town life is really like that, in which case, I'm glad I live rurally... lol lol lol

Tonight's has been the worst yet. Who cares about this soldier guy on the run? Of what interest is that to any of us? I know they wanted to change it to more of a drama-come-soap, but they've just ruined it. :mad:
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is going to happen with Rory? Any spoilers? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All we know is he is leaving in March !!!!!!!
  • Options
    soapyjoessoapyjoes Posts: 9,790
    Forum Member
    Tonight's has been the worst yet. Who cares about this soldier guy on the run? Of what interest is that to any of us? I know they wanted to change it to more of a drama-come-soap, but they've just ruined it. :mad:

I thought although he is another just random character it did get to show Ruth in a fantastic light and her nursing skills coming to the fore:D
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree! Am no longer enjoying RC, used to be my favourite soap, but it,s now being ruined with all these pointless new characters. I thought it was so boring on Tuesday I fell asleep. Was the soldier guy just someone passing through? Same thing as the one a few weeks ago, with the man who came to see Malcolm about the letters, never seen again.:confused: Why have they ruined it like this?Does anyone else like it this way? I certainly dont.:mad:
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I agree, Ayrshire lass, I'm not enjoying RC like this, the episodes seem to be getting progressively worse each week. What I find so infuriating is that established characters are being sidelined for all these new, random characters. And I hate how characters disappear for literally months on end... Before last week, I swear that Scott was last seen at the beginning of December.

I also think that Shieldinch looks so desolate nowadays. What I used to love about RC is that the community look bustling and full of life. But now, there is hardly anyone around.

Also, can someone tell me what the hell has happened to Eileen??? A legendary character, in it from the very first episode and she has just vanished into thin air!!! Has she been axed?

I also wanted to tell everyone about a comment I read on a blog by Louise Jameson, who plays Viv. She said that she had expected to be at the forefront of storylines but has been shifted into the background.... As she puts it she is 'the highest paid extra in Britain!' which sums up RC for me at the moment... experienced actors given bugger all to do!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your'e right, something is just not right just now. Scott was missing for weeks, but so was Ruth, after the Marty storyline, they vanished. Eillen has now been missing for weeks. Rory was missing for several weeks after the Zoe storyline too.
    I agree about the highest paid extras too. Viv hardly gets seen and Lydia hardly gets any air time either and both are established actors. No wonder David Paisley is leaving, I think others will follow too ! Shieldinch is like a Ghost Town ! Sad !!!!
  • Options
    cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I completely agree, Davlaur. I think we are going to see a massive influx of departures soon. Louise Jameson left Doctor Who all those years ago because she wasn't happy with the direction of her character, and I wouldn't blame her if she did the same with RC. And Jacqueline Leonard, who plays Lydia doesn't seem to stay in a long-term role unless she has good material.

The thing is, I hate that RC had a fantastic ensemble cast and it is being destroyed with every week that passes. I don't understand what the producer's obsession is with the bloody Murdoch family when it is the Mullens, Rossi/Hamilton's and Henderson's that most people seem interested in!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy 30th Birthday to David Paisley (Rory):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy birthday

lost interest in rc on sunday which is ashame. feel like they have no stortylines so making no real effort at all :mad:
This discussion has been closed.