River City

Comments

• davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Someone mentioned on another forum, that Rory's behaviour could be more about rebellion than anything else, which could explain things, and deffo leaves the door wide open for storylines IF David P decides to return at a later date !!!!
    Don't know but looks like next week could be his last appearance on screen.
    Must agree CJ86, the rest of the stuff was crap !!!! Ewan is turning into a complete bore and God knows what he sees in Sammi, she is as dull as life itself, and not even that braw !!!!!
  • cj86cj86 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    davlaur wrote: »
    Someone mentioned on another forum, that Rory's behaviour could be more about rebellion than anything else, which could explain things, and deffo leaves the door wide open for storylines IF David P decides to return at a later date !!!!

That is quite possible, but it also highlights the problem with the self-contained format that have adopted for RC... |If they had kept it as the twice-weekly soap format, they could have been slowly developing this since Zoe's exit, but all we have seen of it is Rory dying his hair jet back and treating Iona like crap... And then his current storyline sprung from thin air!!
    Forum Member
    cobaltmale wrote: »
    The 'haunted car' storyline was pretty pointless altogether. I didn't even understand the explanation.

G

I didn't really understand it, but from what I could make out, the car was bugged for some lame reason and that accounted for the whispering sounds... But it must have been a pretty s**t bugging system if you can HEAR it!!!! The other occurrances were coincidence... The whole story was really embarrassing actually!
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree, it has been sprung out of the blue, with no lead up. The producers ruined what could have been a well developed and acted storyline, and crammed it into about 3 episodes, David P could not do it justice in that short time.
  • football socksfootball socks Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj86 wrote: »
    That is quite possible, but it also highlights the problem with the self-contained format that have adopted for RC... |If they had kept it as the twice-weekly soap format, they could have been slowly developing this since Zoe's exit, but all we have seen of it is Rory dying his hair jet back and treating Iona like crap... And then his current storyline sprung from thin air!!

agreed, it has changed since it went all 'holby city' 1 hour episodes and now is trying to be somthing it is not.

a soap is meant to be a soap, i wanted to see rory develop his feeling for this guy over a couple of months in true soap style, but not this crap all done in 3 episodes, thats makes no sence as the viewers cant relate to it because its so quick.
  • eloise 53eloise 53 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Q - Why are there never any spoilers on here, we need to keep this thread popular, always have to trawl through loads of pags to find it !! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Some news:
    Heather returns on Tuesday 24 February.

It appears to be just for one episode.
    Forum Member
    Flipping heck what is going on, someone on the RC board is saying 4 major characters are for the chop, but can't say who, I love this soap, never miss an episode.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heather's back next week to "tie up loose ends". Joanne wants to go back to Austrailia with her. and Heather gives her a few home truths.

Elsewhere, Sammi discovers she pregnant (:rolleyes:).

From Inside Soap. :)
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God she's getting some closure.

Can't wait for the 24th now!

I feel so bad for characters/actors like Eileen, Gina (even though she's totally crap now), Malcolm, Shirley etc, here we have actors who have been there for years and steadily played a part in the growth of the show, only for the worst actor from Titanic to come along and completely bugger up the entire show. Eileen has had 1 scene since she funded the Taxi business, which I think was hogmanay? Before the format was mutilated, NewJo was really building up a character in her own right, now she's rarely seen, she spent a whole episode trying to build up the NightOyster which appears to have gone already, Ruth was always central, I think we've seen her once this year. They don't even use Iona or Shona in the shop anymore unless they actually have a storyline!

Its not a soap anymore, its barely even a drama. Since CaptainCan'tActTitanic arrived, its just become a massive joke!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I just started a thread on this - the whole thing is a joke now, it's really, really pish! I used to love this programme, I'm really annoyed about what they have done to River City now
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The producers really need to pull their socks up and get the show back to the way it was before the arrival of the McKees. I did say before that I think Sammi's alright but they're taking her down a bad route with this relationship with Ewan. It's predictable and lazy writing, and we all know that she'll probably discover the truth and end it with Ewan.

I'm fed up with the other characters being given terrible, self-contained plots. It's as if the show has forgotton that less that a year ago Gina, Liz and Eileen were involved in one of the most exciting plots the show has had. Now we're lucky to get a five-second scene with them! Bob and Deek have become characatures, and their comedy act is wearing thin. Nicki and Amber are still good but I think this storyline with Stuart is boring.

I wish they would just drop the hour-long, self contained format and go back to having two episodes per week. If things do not start to improve drastically then I have a sad feeling that the show may be gone by the end of the year...
    Forum Member
    Well.... last night, I think the 'writers' had a Groundhog Day theme because every scene involving Lenny, Rory and Nathan went like this.

Nathan goes about his business. Lennie comes in with random thug. Lennie makes a threat. Nathan looks worried. Rory sees Lennie with Nathan. Rory runs to Nathan and asks if he is involved with Lennie. Rory tries to act tough. Rory confronts Lennie. Rory acts like a drama queen...

AD NAUSEUM throughout the episode until the end when Rory was given the CRAPPEST exit in soap history!! Because we have all ran away with the guy who admitted that he was scamming our dad... Oh, and we have all chucked away a University education and abandoned our family for someone we have known for six weeks? :rolleyes: Get real, RC!

I feel so sorry for the established RC actors... If I were them, reduced to one or two scenes every few weeks, I think I'd be getting my coat and taking a hike!!

And please, producers... The 'joke' about Bob and Deek being a 'couple,' which was mildly amusing the first time, but is now boring after the sixth/seventh time, please stop it! These were intelligent characters that have been turned into morons... They couldn't even cook last night, going to the chippie because Nicki didn't cook for them... Have they forgotten that Deek used to own the coffee shop, Deekafe??!!
    Forum Member
    I agree CJ. He hasn't even known him for 6 weeks.
    Still sorry to see david go, all the same.
    Forum Member
    What I would like to know is where is Dekk working ? now Moda Vida has moved in to Interjumble (all the ork was done by mysterious Elves during the night)

Also how come the Police were so quick to pop along to question Jimmy and Scarlett over a speed camera shot, but no one seenms to be worried about the hit and run carried out in which Sammi's fiance was killed, I am trying so hard to remain positive about the show but it gets more difficult with each episode, come on writers .........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davlaur wrote: »
    I agree CJ. He hasn't even known him for 6 weeks.
    Still sorry to see david go, all the same.

Really? I thought he was one of the worst actors I have ever seen in River City :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your all right, its now a total joke. its all gone wrong since the "holby city" approach to drama, storylines self-contained, moving away from the traditional soap and trying to be somthing it isnt.

they must dump at once, the cheesy music and return to soap format like it used to be. and please axe the reformed gangster who CANNY ACT.
    Forum Member
    I can't remember what they are off of the top of my head, but there were some really cringeworthy lines as well last night... usually given to poor old Rory! I do really like David Paisley, but last night he was a bit OTT in places and I half expected him to run out of the door, screaming and flapping his arms about like a little girl in some of his scenes!!

I seem to spend my life criticising RC, but it infuriates me because characters like Raymond, Scarlett, Iona, Shona, Eileen and the Rossi's are some of the best characters in any soap in Britain, but they are being completely side-lined and given rubbish storylines.

Good to see Heather back next week, though I'm presuming it's a fleeting visit... And I'm not certain about this, but I have a really horrible feeling that Jo will leave with her.... Another two cast members gone :mad:
    Forum Member
    I can't remember what they are off of the top of my head, but there were some really cringeworthy lines as well last night... usually given to poor old Rory! I do really like David Paisley, but last night he was a bit OTT in places and I half expected him to run out of the door, screaming and flapping his arms about like a little girl in some of his scenes!!

I seem to spend my life criticising RC, but it infuriates me because characters like Raymond, Scarlett, Iona, Shona, Eileen and the Rossi's are some of the best characters in any soap in Britain, but they are being completely side-lined and given rubbish storylines.

Good to see Heather back next week, though I'm presuming it's a fleeting visit... And I'm not certain about this, but I have a really horrible feeling that Jo will leave with her.... Another two cast members gone :mad:

Got to be honest, liked the old Jo, this one is much more selfish, so won't be sorry if she does go but don't tghink she will somehow, I mean who will run the Night Oyster ?????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has scott ever been allowed to do anything more than be ruths best pal? does he even have a life beyond that?
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has scott ever been allowed to do anything more than be ruths best pal? does he even have a life beyond that?

He had a boyfriend for a while recently, but forget what happened to him. He just disappeared like other members of the cast.
    Forum Member
    eloise 53 wrote: »
    Got to be honest, liked the old Jo, this one is much more selfish, so won't be sorry if she does go but don't tghink she will somehow, I mean who will run the Night Oyster ?????

Actually, thinking about it, eloise you're right the old Jo was so much better than this one!

I was watching some old clips on the BBC website today of RC, it made me remember how fantastic it used to be!!! Like when Ruth went mental, attacked Jo and pushed Gina down the stairs, or Moira's death or the River Clyde stand-off! Now it's so boring!!!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    He had a boyfriend for a while recently, but forget what happened to him. He just disappeared like other members of the cast.

Yeah, Manu was not given a proper exit... I thought he was great! He made Scott seem less whiny and petulant!
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Manu was not given a proper exit... I thought he was great! He made Scott seem less whiny and petulant!

Really??? :D Manu grew on me but got fed up listening to Scott moan about HIS daughter every 2 secs to him. Manu is better off out of it. :D
    Forum Member
    Lila wrote: »
    Really??? :D Manu grew on me but got fed up listening to Scott moan about HIS daughter every 2 secs to him. Manu is better off out of it. :D

Well... I meant when Scott didn't moan (which was only for about five seconds!) Actually why does Scott bleat on about HIS daughter? He hasn't even legally adopted her...
This discussion has been closed.