Paralympic Opening Ceremony - anyone going?

cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
Forum Member
✭✭
I've got tickets to the Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, and I'm wondering what time you have to be in your seat/the stadium? Due to trains/family etc, I think I'll be able to get to the stadium just before 7pm, would that be cutting it fine?

Comments

• CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It starts at 9pm right? 7pm would be fine. There are a lot of entrances to the stadium. I went to the Athletics and the event started at 7pm but we got inside around 6.15pm. Lots of people got in around 6.30pm no problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I believe it starts at 8:30pm with the pre-show starting sometime after 7:30.
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Bought tickets this evening. Probably going to take afternoon off so can get down there in good time and have a wander around the park. Need to find when the park itself is opened to the public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    The olympic park probably won't be open for the opening ceremony - just the areas immediately around the stadium and the greenway/stratford gate.
    Forum Member
    Posh Bloke wrote: »
    Bought tickets this evening. Probably going to take afternoon off so can get down there in good time and have a wander around the park. Need to find when the park itself is opened to the public.

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/venue/olympic-stadium/visitor-information

If you're going to the Paralympic Opening Ceremony, gates to the Olympic Park and the Stadium open at 5pm. For the Closing Ceremony, gates open at 5.30pm.

You should be in your seat inside the Stadium by 7.30pm at the latest, in time for the pre-show. Please note that the majority of the Olympic Park will be closed for Ceremonies, and access will be via Stratford and Greenway Gates only – just follow the signs and directions from staff on the day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Getting to the stadium or even the Park for 7pm will be fine.
    Even if you're late, there won't be an issue. You won't find any queues or security issuse whatsoever.

Pre-show is 8pm-8.30 , with the Ceremony on starting 8.30pm until 11.30 latest.

Trust me, there'll be no issue getting to your seat.

I went to the Park 8 times during the Olympics, so quite experienced!

For each of the 4 evening athletics sessions I went to, I got to the stadium at 6:30pm when the session was officially starting at 6:45pm. No issue whatsoever and no queues at all.

You'll be fine.
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. I should be getting there for around half six so plenty of time for a mooch around by the sound of it.
    Forum Member
    You should be able to see the Gloriana barge moored on the canal
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I going to London around the afternoon as I don't have the tickets yet so need to collect them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I've got tickets to the Opening Ceremony on Wednesday, and I'm wondering what time you have to be in your seat/the stadium? Due to trains/family etc, I think I'll be able to get to the stadium just before 7pm, would that be cutting it fine?

I'll just leave this here. From the "No USA broadcaster is showing the Paralympics at all" thread

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60412042&highlight=#post60412042 :rolleyes:
    I'll be in the US then so I'll see how/if it's covered over there. I do blame NBC though - they could have sent 700 less people to London for then Olympics (still 1500 people), bought the rights relatively cheaply and put them on the USA channel, which basically shows reruns of NCIS in daytime.

So you had ticket all along yet you were going to be in Amercia when it started? Which is it?? Are both a lie?

PLEASE STOP STARTING FANTASY THREADS. NEXT TIME I WILL REPORT YOU.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zulu17 wrote: »

Yes, I saw it there the other day. Beautiful, brightly coloured barge, randomly moored. :D
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    I'll just leave this here. From the "No USA broadcaster is showing the Paralympics at all" thread

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60412042&highlight=#post60412042 :rolleyes:

So you had ticket all along yet you were going to be in Amercia when it started? Which is it?? Are both a lie?

PLEASE STOP STARTING FANTASY THREADS. NEXT TIME I WILL REPORT YOU.
    This is DS forums. Half the threads and posts are pure fantasy!! :D
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zulu17 wrote: »

Yeah I saw it as well. I didn't know it would be there, I was pleasantly surprised. I took some nice piccies! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    This is DS forums. Half the threads and posts are pure fantasy!! :D

Well those freaks should stick to the general discussion forums or better still not use internet forums as it's just sad otherwise.......:yawn::yawn::yawn::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all the preparaton and bragging , how come its running with a 2 hours delay ? Supposedly, they have been having to cut corners and make up the time all day !

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/paralympic_torch_relay_delayed_ahead_of_tower_hamlets_leg_1_1497413
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also why have they left it so late to re-classify maybe up to90% of the athletes when the games are already upon us ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/paralympic-sport/9502502/Paralympics-2012-disabled-athletes-bending-rules-in-quest-for-gold-medals.html
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Also why have they left it so late to re-classify maybe up to90% of the athletes when the games are already upon us ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/paralympic-sport/9502502/Paralympics-2012-disabled-athletes-bending-rules-in-quest-for-gold-medals.html
    Could we have the bizarre circumstance of some athletes insisting that their IQs are below 75 so they can take part in an intellectual disability event?!! :D