Options

24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd never consider a series where Jack is locked up for half of it or a series without him at all.

Well...
    "I think it's a possibility," Cochran said. "There are no specific plans right now, but that's the kind of thing we'd consider."
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Jack with Margot Al-Harazi was truly amazing!! :o

This episode was classic 24 and one unforgettable moment. :D

Don't f**k with Jack Bauer! :D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Well...

They'll consider it but it will never happen. :)
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know 24 is a bit Over the top but really...come on.

It is pure nonsense isn't it. Guess my tastes have changed or its got worse
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was one mighty cop out. Heck, even the executive producers LIED in an online interview and said Heller is dead. And it turns out he wasn't. A bit lame.

Also, it's a tad lame only one of the drones actually did any damage to London. The other five just flew about with the clueless RAF unable to find 'em.

I dunno, the storyline of LAD feels too big for the actual budget. This storyline done with a 100 - 200 million dollars budget (as a feature film) and we could have seen the drones actually destroying parts of London. As it is, it feels like a lower budget tv show - and you see how so many compromises are made. Unless there is a huge twist and there are more drones or even nukes launched (LOL!) I feel the show may have a slightly underwhelming ending.

Also, the death of the female villain seemed rather similar to the death of the female villain in Dredd (2012). Judge Dredd executes Ma-Ma by shoving her out the window. It's possible the writers of LAD saw Dredd and were influenced by it?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was kinda gutted the attack didn't happen. It would have been so funny watching her getting blown up.

Margot's death has to be my favourite ever on 24.

I loved that! :D

"The only death tonight on my head is yours!"

SPLAT!

My fave line of the season came from Jack's "associate" though, when he said to Heller:

"I am not an American citizen, and this is not America"

About time someone said that to Heller ;)
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    here's a bit of info, the photo heller showed audrey of heller when he was younger is actually a photo thats in a episode of knots landing.
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was one mighty cop out. Heck, even the executive producers LIED in an online interview and said Heller is dead. And it turns out he wasn't.

Here it is:

TVGuide.com chatted with executive producers Evan Katz and Manny Coto

You killed the president! Unless you want us to believe he might have survived that missile exploding...

Manny Coto: No, it's pretty cut and dry.

So what is the fallout of President Heller's death?

Katz: It informs the Audrey-Jack relationship in a big way, and the Audrey-Boudreau relationship. Because in Audrey's mind, Jack and Boudreau led her father to his death — they let him give himself up. That's going to be a huge emotional blow to have to get through.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-Live-Another-Day-Postmortem-Evan-Katz-M%20anny-Coto-1083104.aspx

So there you go, the exec producers said to the statement:
    Unless you want us to believe he might have survived that missile exploding...

Manny Coto: No, it's pretty cut and dry.

I think it's disappointing the makers of the show have to be dishonest just to trick the viewers. In a way I wish I hadn't seen that interview after episode 8 was broadcast. Not that I was worried about spoilers, just that if the producers say Heller is dead then it's reasonable to assume they're being honest. However, they told a whopper of a lie so for that reason it's made me feel a bit disappointed or cheated by their dishonesty. Personally, I would have preferred Heller to have sacrificed his life to stop Margot from using the drones. It would have been an heroic end to his life. What we got - "hey, folks, he's not really dead, the footage was manipulated" felt a bit cheesy (although, I guess, consistent with 24's wacky storylines). But yeah, the producers still felt the need to lie and that was a shame.

Anyway, I'm enjoying 24: Live Another President :p so overall it's a fun ride!
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ wait.... what ?! - maybe I'm a little hazy cos I've just woken up but are you REALLY saying you're pissed that a ptb chose to continue the illusion, chose NOT to spoil things for all the fans by revealing the big switcharoo. I say "all power to the guy/gal(?)" and good for him. Had he come out with a "don't worry Preza ain't dead" or even a "things might not be what they appear to be" then I'd be all "what the heck are you doing?!"
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha ha, poor Margot. :D
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    ...and we could have seen the drones actually destroying parts of London.

What - like a Hospital for example...?
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have caught up and watched all the series over the past month and am finding the weekly wait for a new episode quite annoying. :(
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The looping footage was also done as recently as Day 8. It's how President Hassan was killed.
  • Options
    pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    ignoring the cop out with Heller, that was one cracking episode.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I knew Heller wasn't dead. The clock wasn't silent last week like it usually is when someone "good" and major dies.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was wrong!

Shame because it then bugged me for a while into the episode, and we all know when that changed ................. Flying Margot :)

Will have to rewatch, as it was a great episode.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Another great episode - Margot & Son dead, with a classic 24 ending for them and their story - Steve, starting a new one, with the Device, soon to be in the Hands, of Chloe's 'friend' - but I feel, she's up to something.

And Jordan found......:o
    Kate, I guess, will find out what he was snooping on.
    Corabal wrote: »
    I like how Margot took one look at Kay Burley on screen and thought "Right, that's my target now!"
    :cool:
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    Well that was one mighty cop out. Heck, even the executive producers LIED in an online interview and said Heller is dead. And it turns out he wasn't. A bit lame.

Also, it's a tad lame only one of the drones actually did any damage to London. The other five just flew about with the clueless RAF unable to find 'em.

I dunno, the storyline of LAD feels too big for the actual budget. This storyline done with a 100 - 200 million dollars budget (as a feature film) and we could have seen the drones actually destroying parts of London. As it is, it feels like a lower budget tv show - and you see how so many compromises are made. Unless there is a huge twist and there are more drones or even nukes launched (LOL!) I feel the show may have a slightly underwhelming ending.

Also, the death of the female villain seemed rather similar to the death of the female villain in Dredd (2012). Judge Dredd executes Ma-Ma by shoving her out the window. It's possible the writers of LAD saw Dredd and were influenced by it?

Actually it reminded me of that bit in Line of Duty where Jessica Raine's character was shoved out a window!

Loved it! Classic 24!
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, poor Margot. :D

It's a shame she didn't last the whole series actually. She was a great villain.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Just one question: how many rogue agents in US intelligence agencies does Navarro make?
  • Options
    pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Kate and co running the gauntlet while Jack rappelled down the building with a make-shift harness was one of the most thrilling 24 moments for a long time.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    It's a shame she didn't last the whole series actually. She was a great villain.

what happened to her daughter it was never mentioned if she actually died or not last we saw she was still in CIA infirmary
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh what a beautiful moment that was there when he chucked her out the window the evil spawn lol
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CamCam wrote: »
    Considering how well this season has been received I'd be shocked if we don't see 24 on our screens consistently for another few years now.

The ratings haven't been amazing in the States though. They are probably just about OK for renewal but only just.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, living in Hackney and very close to Dalston, it was the one of the highlights of my life hearing their names mentioned on 24 tonight LOL!