Options

Tickets

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
Forum Member
More on sale today from the ticketing website.

First come, first served this time, the system some punters insisted should have been used from the start despite it collapsing when used by the French resellers.

Sale starts at 1100hrs.

Ticketmasters software expected to keel over at 1112hrs.

Comments

• Options
    MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected I am presently attempting to purchase a ticket got a message saying ticket not available for my sesion. So I try to purchase another ticket only to seee the ticket I thought not availale appearing on my confirmation list. So potentially being charged for 2 events when I only wanted 1
  • Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,359
    Forum Member
    Requested 3 events for 4 tickets each at 1105. After going through the queue, it only said no results found. GAH!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Managed tickets for judo, handball and a medal event in fencing, to go with the half dozen briefs I picked up last summer.

Going to be a good week of sport interrupted repeatedly by queueing and underground problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guess you didn't go for the cheapo tickets, then?
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been having a look for the last 30 minutes trying to top up the couple of Hockey tickets I got in the initial ballot.

On one hand i've not been able to find a single affordable ticket for any event in the Olympic Park on the day I would be coming down. On the plus side it was only taking a few minutes to be rejected, and it is actually working because it was willing to let me reserve tickets for the football in Coventry, which I subsequently rejected.

Ah well, China v Japan and South Korea v Belgium in Womens Hockey it is then! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Guess you didn't go for the cheapo tickets, then?

Me? The fencing was £30, the other two were £20 apiece. I think the only ticket more expensive than that all week I've purchased is for the first night of the athletics, for which I've been relieved of £50
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's cheap. What time did you submit your requests?
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    submitted my ruquest at about 11:02 after selecting

Diving
    Gymnastics
    Olympic Park

at 11:16 i finally got through the queue and got tickets for olympic park and Gymnastics

which will replace tickets i already had for basketball and gymnastics that clashed with my shifts as i am a gamesmaker volunteering at the games
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tickets (from the first ballot) arrived today!
  • Options
    MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in a situation which I can't use my football ticket as I am a London Ambassador
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got my tickets delievered to my door! :D

I am a happy chappy! :D:D
  • Options
    Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got some Olympic Park tickets today and I have two lots of football tickets already.

Really wanted artistic gymnastics but the only ones available were £450 each!
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep got my basketball ticket in the post today

and got tickets for both the paralympic opening and closing ceremonies on the tickets website today too :)
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought by leaving it late, I'd have more chance.
    No chance more like:
    "Scheduled updates to the site are taking place. Unfortunately you will not be able to view this page during this period. Please try again later or contact the London 2012 Customer Service team if you need further assistance."
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a really annoying day attempting to get some tickets and didn't get any. The ticketing website is appalling imo. It teases you into thinking you will be able to buy some only to be informed you when you try to purchase that none are available. I can't understand why they are shown to be available in the first place! Also, I saw sessions listed as having tickets which were the exact same sessions that I was rejected for in last years ballot including the price brackets I went for :confused:
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    I had a really annoying day attempting to get some tickets and didn't get any. The ticketing website is appalling imo. It teases you into thinking you will be able to buy some only to be informed you when you try to purchase that none are available. I can't understand why they are shown to be available in the first place! Also, I saw sessions listed as having tickets which were the exact same sessions that I was rejected for in last years ballot including the price brackets I went for :confused:

They held some tickets back as contingency awaiting stuff like stadium configurations & how many media spaces required etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's cheap. What time did you submit your requests?

1102hrs. Spent an hour the night before working out what I could get to due to expected travel times and knew what I was going for as soon as the sale opened.

Think I've tickets to ten different events costing an average of £30-odd. To hell with paying hundreds for slightly better seats.
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    I thought by leaving it late, I'd have more chance.
    No chance more like:
    "Scheduled updates to the site are taking place. Unfortunately you will not be able to view this page during this period. Please try again later or contact the London 2012 Customer Service team if you need further assistance."

Is anyone able to get on to the site today? I'm getting the same 'under maintenance' message as last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    submitted my ruquest at about 11:02 after selecting

Diving
    Gymnastics
    Olympic Park

at 11:16 i finally got through the queue and got tickets for olympic park and Gymnastics
    1102hrs. Spent an hour the night before working out what I could get to due to expected travel times and knew what I was going for as soon as the sale opened.

To think how 3 minutes makes such a massive difference!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To think how 3 minutes makes such a massive difference!

I am a bit puzzled how i got gymnastics tickets to be honest

as diving had better availability before tickets went on sale and gymnastics was down as limited availability.

i could only select the £295 category :o selected £100 for the diving

when i was in the 15 minute queue which kept going up and down but in reality it was about 12-13 minutes I saw others posting about trying and getting no results found after the long wait so i really expected the worst

couldn't believe it when my wait time was up and all that had been removed from my selection was the diving.

Thrilled i got gymnastics ticket as it means i don't feel as bad giving up the ticket (gymnastics) that clashes with my gamesmaker shift.

Suprised i got the olympic park evening pass as i expected them to be snapped up quickly as they didn't seem to be available for second week of the games :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Olympic Park tickets are only available in large numbers for the first week as the Athletics starts on the middle Friday and every day after that will see the park filled with people heading to or from the stadium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the people with athletics tickets will stay in park before and after
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got some womens diving tickets after my mens diving failure yesterday

If i have an evening Diving ticket am i allowed to enter park earlier in the day to soak atmosphere and watch stuff on big screens before i go in?
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got some womens diving tickets after my mens diving failure yesterday

If i have an evening Diving ticket am i allowed to enter park earlier in the day to soak atmosphere and watch stuff on big screens before i go in?

Yes you can - let's be honest it makes sense from a transport & security perspective for people to stagger their arrival times rather than everyone turning up an hour before.
This discussion has been closed.