Options

What is the worst emotional thing your father has done to you?

Comments

• Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fathers quite a decent man really. Sorry to piss on your parade :(
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to put sugar in my tea :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dying. I loved him so much. 22 years ago, I still miss him. Still brings tears.

What could be worse:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's quite a weird and personal question for a 'new' member to be asking. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that over the coming week or so there will be a slew of these sorts of questions from this member?
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this thread should be massive, as there are an awful number of messed up people who post in GD. Their behaviour must have a cause.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Where to start.

He was a good man at first, and very capable, but he fell in with a guy where he works who was into some dodgy stuff and got caught up in all that. A friend of my father's tried to make him see the error of his ways before I was born, but they ended up fighting and my father was badly injured. This seemed to make him even worse, and he became a real bully of a man. As I grew up, he kept wanting me to get involved in the stuff he was doing, but I refused. We too had a couple of really nasty fights, and I got hurt myself. We did reconcile in the end however, but the scars remain.

L. Skywalker.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Where to start.

He was a good man at first, and very capable, but he fell in with a guy where he works who was into some dodgy stuff and got caught up in all that. A friend of my father's tried to make him see the error of his ways before I was born, but they ended up fighting and my father was badly injured. This seemed to make him even worse, and he became a real bully of a man. As I grew up, he kept wanting me to get involved in the stuff he was doing, but I refused. We too had a couple of really nasty fights, and I got hurt myself. We did reconcile in the end however, but the scars remain.

L. Skywalker.

:D:D:D

Actually I saw this thread and thought at least it a change from David's.

When I see his posts I feel a bit like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Danced at my wedding.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    My fathers quite a decent man really. Sorry to piss on your parade :(

Mine was too. We lost him 20 yrs ago this November and there still isnt a week goes by that I dont miss his company, love and good humour.

You know....call me an old cynic, but if a new fm, fresh out the box on his first post was asking people to slag off their mother in the few days before mothers day, I think there would accusation of woman hating misogyny.

Mmmm.:confused:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    accused one of my boys of stealing christmas presents we knew he`d find he`d left behind when he got home [he did] and then not bother to tell said son or apologise as he "hoped it would all blow over" i`m sure you did you piece of "christian" scum.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully. Mine disappeared before I was born. So was never around to do anything crap. And you don't miss what you never had.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of emotional blackmail.
  • Options
    Janey JoyceJaney Joyce Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    He left the country.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Everything he ever did was either physical or mental abuse so take your pick
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Thankfully. Mine disappeared before I was born. So was never around to do anything crap. And you don't miss what you never had.

Same here.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    My dad's a sweetheart. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my father picked me up from school when I was 11 years old and our dog was in the back as she normally is laying in the back and poped her herd up and wagged her tail at me.

After he dropped me off he drove off into the nearby wood while I went into change clothes. An hour later I was standing at the house door and heard a shotgun blast from the wood but for where we lived was nothing unusual, but when my dad came in for his tea later on the dog was not with him, he said she had been taken to the vet and put down and she was still with the vet who would dispose of her.

I did not believe this so after me having something to eat I went into the wood and found an area of ground that had been disturbed and after digging it up found my dog who had been shot. I ended up laying there with her and holding her for about an hour before digging my own grave for her and giving here a decent buirial.

I will never forgive my father for doing that as was cruel to the dog but also to me as he lied and was very emotional upsetting for me.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    ^^ This reads like an episode script from Little House on the Prairie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Shared his and my late mother's money out to each of my siblings but says he is with holding my share (if it exists) in a building society account in his name based on the fact that he hates where I live and doesn't want this money spent in the town where I live. Pathetic reason and completely unfair. I am not moving by the way. It's not so much the fact that he left me out, it's his horrible reason that hurts. I struggled with shock to begin with because I questioned whether he loved me as much as them. We have had a good relationship otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Shared his and my late mother's money out to each of my siblings but says he is with holding my share (if it exists) in a building society account in his name based on the fact that he hates where I live and doesn't want this money spent in the town where I live. Pathetic reason and completely unfair. I am not moving by the way. It's not so much the fact that he left me out, it's his horrible reason that hurts. I struggled with shock to begin with because I questioned whether he loved me as much as them. We have had a good relationship otherwise.

Of topic, but - The executor of a will is legally bound to distribute the estate as requested in the will of the deceased. Have you seen a copy of the will? Was it part of the will that you had to move to somewhere that your father approves of, or that he can withhold for his own reasons?

On topic - my dad is ace. We both live in countries other than the UK now so it's difficult to get to see him as often as I'd like and I miss him terribly.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

that`s code for "spent it".
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the bugger went and died on me. Very inconsiderate. Seven years ago. I still sometimes go to phone him when something that would make him laugh, happens or when one of my kids has an achievement or something.

He was a good man - an ex-para; very handsome man, well read (self educated as he left school at 13) and kind. We always were and always will be proud of him. One of my sons pulls the same faces, all the time. Another has his looks and personality. It's weird to see him going on into the future, just in different people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    orangebird wrote: »
    Of topic, but - The executor of a will is legally bound to distribute the estate as requested in the will of the deceased. Have you seen a copy of the will? Was it part of the will that you had to move to somewhere that your father approves of, or that he can withhold for his own reasons?

On topic - my dad is ace. We both live in countries other than the UK now so it's difficult to get to see him as often as I'd like and I miss him terribly.
    That's really sad for you both. Love is so much more important than money.

I don't want to upset my elderly father by asking about legal stuff. I would rather go without and even my husband says just forget it. The upset about thinking he didn't love me as much was my problem but that has now passed and I don't feel that anymore. The other siblings did question him and told him he was unfair but he was adamant about his decision. He just hates the town where I live due to a past experience of his in the 1960's and he always hopes we will move away.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    That's quite a weird and personal question for a 'new' member to be asking. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that over the coming week or so there will be a slew of these sorts of questions from this member?

Yeah, it's a little odd to say the least.

Mine was pretty cool, but he died when I was about 12. I don't blame him for that, though, because I don't think he deliberately went out and got cancer just to piss me off.