school play

dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if this should be in advice. At parents evening I lobbied my daughters teacher pretty hard to land the lead part in the christmas play. She performed beautifully and everyone loved it. She had 9 solo speaking parts and one solo song. She basically carried the show. I went to the summer play expecting her to be picked as main part again as she needs her talent nourishing. I was dissapointed as there were no real main parts. It was more of a group sing along. I mentioned to the teacher on the way out I thought my daughter would have carried a few more lines of her own. Her teacher said they wanted to do more of a group play because they dont like the children feeling left out. Im a bit cross as my daughter is loosing out because other kids who are not natural performers are feeling left out. Im considering approaching the headmaster.

Yep should be in advice. Could this be moved please.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    So what advice are you looking for?
  • dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My head teacher approach.
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, I just hope like f**k you are trolling or your kid has bigger problems then not getting ANOTHER lead part in a play, in the fact they have you as a parent
    Forum Member
    My head teacher approach.

There's nothing you can do really. They did the group song so other children won't get left out and they can all have a part in performing in the play. At least your daughter got the main part in the Christmas play.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Out of order - you need to have a serious word and make sure the next one is a proper play, with a main role, that goes to straight your daughter. Creativity and talent needs to be encouraged, not sabotaged.

Best of luck!
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your kid has bigger problems then not getting ANOTHER lead part in a play, in the fact they have you as a parent

Along with the fact that he asked for advice on what to do when he couldn't stop looking at women's boobs on the school run.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1970734&highlight=
    Forum Member
    LOL, I just hope like f**k you are trolling or your kid has bigger problems then not getting ANOTHER lead part in a play, in the fact they have you as a parent

A bit uncalled for tbh.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Along with the fact that he asked for advice on what to do when he couldn't stop looking at women's boobs on the school run.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1970734&highlight=

LOL :D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Liza Minelli you are not
    Forum Member
    I think Liza Minelli you are not

What? :confused::confused::confused:
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pushy parents are the worse kind of parents tho as I read the post the word wum popped in to my head
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    It's probably more important that your child learns that they can't be the centre of attention all the time, in this situation by letting someone else have a go. In later school years lead parts get filled based on talent, but at this age, not really a factor.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Send your talented daughter to stage school, no point wasting time in participating in ordinary school dramatic productions. If she's that brilliant, she'll get a scholarship and her incredible vocal ability will be nurtured in the way she deserves.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should ask Edmund, I'm sure he will be able to give you the best advice.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Good grief. PLEASE tell me you are joking?
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Got to be a WUM surely.... If not, poor kid!
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this has got to be a wind up surely!!! I'm sure the teacher loves you
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    I should ask Edmund, I'm sure he will be able to give you the best advice.
    Is Edmund the gay friend who was helping him explain to the schoolgate mums he's not a perv, despite staring at their tits like a 14 year old?
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Edmund the gay friend who was helping him explain to the schoolgate mums he's not a perv, despite staring at their tits like a 14 year old?
    Yes (though I don't recall if he is gay or not).
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny funny troll - not.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    Out of order - you need to have a serious word and make sure the next one is a proper play, with a main role, that goes to straight your daughter. Creativity and talent needs to be encouraged, not sabotaged.

Best of luck!

Please tell me you're not a parent.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member

Edmund is gay and also married to a woman who doesn't check up on him. If you believe the OP that is...
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    It's probably more important that your child learns that they can't be the centre of attention all the time.

Surely the the parent has to learn that first?

If you want your child to br a little star, enrol her in stage school.
    Forum Member
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Please tell me you're not a parent.

I think that poster is being sarcastic.
    Forum Member
    I thought he was. They were meeting in the Black Cock to discuss the dilemma.
    That thread wasn't comical, either.