Options

Plusnet

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
Forum Member
Hey People :D

Today marked the end of my 18 month contract with Plusnet for FTTC

I entered in to a 18 month contract on the up to 76mb service and always got 80mb because of how close the Cabinet is :cool:

Got on the Phone to the cancellation department today, to be offered up to 38mb for £10 a month if I enter in to a further 24 month contract.

I sure will miss the additional speed, the Woman I spoke to insisted I won't notice the loss, but what do you reckon to a deal like that?

:)

Comments

• Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if you share you internet connection with a family or need that extra speed for a specific task. 38 down should be enough if the answer to both questions is no but I'd try and get them down to a 18 month contract especially if you live in a Market 3 area.
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went from 40 to 80 and didn't notice any difference. I did it because the 80 was unlimited.

Is it £10 for two years or £10 for six months then whatever (£17?) for the remaining 18 months.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rjb101 wrote: »
    I went from 40 to 80 and didn't notice any difference. I did it because the 80 was unlimited.

Is it £10 for two years or £10 for six months then whatever (£17?) for the remaining 18 months.

the new 40/20 product from plusnet is also unlimited.
    it's the 40/10 product that has a monthly allowance.
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joined Plusnet in the last few weeks and am really impressed - with BT I was getting half of what was promised, with Plusnet I'm getting the full speed.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joined Plusnet in the last few weeks and am really impressed - with BT I was getting half of what was promised, with Plusnet I'm getting the full speed.

which makes no sense as plusnet use the exact same lines and exchange cabling as BT.
    in fact, they even share some of the same routing infrastructure as BT (as was found out when plusnet customers were affected by BT blocking certain websites).
  • Options
    Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been with PN for almost a year now, upgrading to FTTC next week, and they've always been brilliant whenever I've asked something on their forums, the guys there seem to know what they're talking about just get things done.

Oh and support is English (in York I believe) but hopefully you'd never need to speak to them.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Oh and support is English (in York I believe) but hopefully you'd never need to speak to them.

Close!

Its in Sheffield, though I do remember at some point they did have a presence there (in what form I cannot say).

Plusnet seemed to have improved their offering in recent months, given they now have "Truly Unlimited" means you should not face any slowdown during peak times. Its interesting to see providers who use BT's fibre platform mostly offer "Totally Unlimited" packages, Sky and Talk Talk among them. Yet Virgin Media still castrates upload speeds for people who use more than VM would like, not forgetting uploads are also faster on the BT platform.

Choosing Plusnet wouldn't be a bad choice, unlike other ISP's their staff do genuinely seem knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile.