Samsung Galaxy Ace issue

BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
My wife has a Galaxy Ace from 3, its only about 6/7 months into the contract so not an old battered phone. Yesterday we had some issues...the phone started freezing, some of the apps vanished from the main screens and re-appeared randomly.

This morning, we can't access the Play store or the Facebook app due to it not being able to connect, yet we can get onto things such as the internet and her Plume Twitter app with no problems.

I have tried the old 'turn off and on' trick and take the battery out but this network error on the Play and FB app still exists and the phone just froze again too.

Is there anything I could try that might fix this before we need to travel to a store to see what they could do?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I have the same phone - a full factory reset usually cures most things. Back-up everything first before doing this though!

Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

You could also try connecting the phone to Samsung Kies via a PC or laptop and making sure that it has the latest firmware. If all else fails, it looks like a trip to the store.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip...when backing up...is that everything? As I assume it will revert back to when we bought it? So will the apps we've downloaded vanish?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the tip...when backing up...is that everything? As I assume it will revert back to when we bought it? So will the apps we've downloaded vanish?

The apps will vanish but if they're the free ones you can download again. Not sure what happens if you've paid for any- I mean whether they are still available for download as you've paid for them.

I have had some issues with mine. I can't remember what exactly now, but I did send mine off for repair. I also took it to a Vodafone shop one time and they downloaded the latest firmware for me. Last time I had some problems I phoned Vodafone and was advised to switch it off and on again and that resolved it.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok....well...I will see how it goes...we might be going past a 3 store in a couple of days, might pop in first and then if not, we will do the factory re-set. Thanks.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
    Forum Member
    Paid for apps can be re-downloaded for free as long as you set up the same account on your phone. After going through your setup wizard again you may find that all your apps may start downloading automatically if you've allowed syncing (I think).