Home & away questions

Comments

• BonesMcCoyBonesMcCoy Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Me too, except I'm only on my 4th week now after a 10 year break. Never properly got back into it after it was took of ITV then when on hiatus from UK TV for a year before Five brought it.
  • smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    It's just that Spencer looks about 25 most of the time. Him in his school uniform looks like a grown man dressing up for a reunion. LOL.

Though John may not be ancient, I think he is a bit too old for Marilyn. We know she likes her men old but the story is getting a bit repetitive.

Thought that was preposterous that Spencer is supposed to be 16. The actor who plays him is 23!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    Thought that was preposterous that Spencer is supposed to be 16. The actor who plays him is 23!!

yh, its silly, he looks way too old to be 16 lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Yorkshire, if you want any questions answered, let me know. Always happy to help :cool:.

cheers so are those 2 and tamara casey etc all meant to be at normal school or is it 6th form?

how does Casey afford to stay in the caravan I assume he is in with no money?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I'd put money on Pipps coming back by the end of the summer

I hope this happens! !!
  • Percy HardyPercy Hardy Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    As I now watch H&A aus pace, I'd like to know if Channel 7 have long breaks in the summer (like Channel 5) and if so, how long for?
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I now watch H&A aus pace, I'd like to know if Channel 7 have long breaks in the summer (like Channel 5) and if so, how long for?

Yes usually 4 weeks.
  • Percy HardyPercy Hardy Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that quick answer Towie1977. 4 weeks!! Why do they do this? I need my aus soap fix daily.
    Forum Member
    do alf maddy and the couple live in a caravan or is that a house?
    Forum Member
    why are John and harvey not close friends?

anyone know if the music they use is their own. there was a classical piano piece yesterday that was good
    Forum Member
    did John and Jett used to live toegther before gina came along? what happened?
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Sally and her brother Miles own the house and caravan park, but neither are there anymore, however Sally will be back for a visit soon. Alf, Marilyn, Alf's daughter Roo, Roo's husband Harvery and Maddie live in the house. Spencer is living in one of the caravans.

Harvey and John didn't get on because they were both running for the local council and there was some plans for a resort, which one was for and the other wasn't, but it ended up with Harvey nearly going to jail.

John and Gina were together when Jett came along. Jett was causing trouble in school and when Gina saw that Jett's mother wasn't able to look after him, Gina wanted to help. Jett at first pushed her away but after his mother died and he was taken into a home, Jett asked Gina to help him. Neither John or Xavier wanted Gina to do it because they thought Jett was trouble, but after a while Jett settled in.
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    Yes usually 4 weeks.

home and away has a 8 week break every year in Australia at end of November to 3rd week in January.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    home and away has a 8 week break every year in Australia at end of November to 3rd week in January.

Oh right, yeah that makes sense, always wondered why they organised the episodes into seasons. Haven't watched this soap in 15 years and just getting back into it.

Does this mean that the UK catches up with the Aussie pace at some point? How far behind are we?
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    Sally and her brother Miles own the house and caravan park, but neither are there anymore, however Sally will be back for a visit soon. Alf, Marilyn, Alf's daughter Roo, Roo's husband Harvery and Maddie live in the house. Spencer is living in one of the caravans.

Harvey and John didn't get on because they were both running for the local council and there was some plans for a resort, which one was for and the other wasn't, but it ended up with Harvey nearly going to jail.

John and Gina were together when Jett came along. Jett was causing trouble in school and when Gina saw that Jett's mother wasn't able to look after him, Gina wanted to help. Jett at first pushed her away but after his mother died and he was taken into a home, Jett asked Gina to help him. Neither John or Xavier wanted Gina to do it because they thought Jett was trouble, but after a while Jett settled in.

Thanks mate :)
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does Chris afford the gym every day without a job?
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, yeah that makes sense, always wondered why they organised the episodes into seasons. Haven't watched this soap in 15 years and just getting back into it.

Does this mean that the UK catches up with the Aussie pace at some point? How far behind are we?

Yes we always catch up with Aussie pace which is why we have breaks during the summer months & over the Christmas period I think at the moment we are about 4 weeks behind
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »
    How does Chris afford the gym every day without a job?

He's travelled around a lot so he may have got odd jobs and saved the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I'd put money on Pipps coming back by the end of the summer

what makes you say this? If that were true I would defo start watching it again... I keep dipping in and out at the moment
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Another question is when is Sally back , and for how long ?
    Forum Member
    who is this adam geezer, I assume Brax has never met this ricki before this time? but how does she know adam

who was corriane collander or similar that she paid $100, 000 of braxs money to
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Another question is when is Sally back , and for how long ?

Kate will return for a special story arc that sees Sally welcomed back to her Summer Bay home.

'I'm not going back forever, just for a couple of months, but there's a great story for Sally and my return was heavily reliant on that,' Kate tells Australia's New Idea magazine. 'I wasn't going to come back and change sheets in the caravan park!'

Kate will begin filming in the coming weeks and the storyline will air over a number of months later this year.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkshire2 wrote: »
    who is this adam geezer, I assume Brax has never met this ricki before this time? but how does she know adam

I think Ricky and Brax had met before but he thought Adam died a couple of months ago but didn't. Adam got his son to try and kill Heath who is Brax's brother. He also kidnapped Heaths daughter Darcy. The woman Ricky sent the money to was Darcys grandma who has gone interstate with Darcy after Heath cleaned up his life and wanted custody of Darcy.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have met before, Ricky is Adams sister, Adam was like a father to the Braxtons.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Yorkshire2 wrote: »

Adam and Ricky are siblings and Adam has a son called Jamie. Adam and Jamie showed up a few months ago, Adam looked after the Braxton's when they were younger (therefore the Braxtons knew Ricky from years ago) after their father went to jail and Brax and Casey looked up to him, but Heath hates him after Adam got Heath to commit a crime which resulted in him going to jail years before.

Jamie got obsessed with Leah and VJ so much that in the end Leah and VJ had to leave for their own safety. Adam told Jamie to take Heath out to sea and leave him there to die (I don't think we ever found out why Adam wanted Heath gone, other than he was in the way of something), but Brax managed to find Heath in time and both Adam and Jamie were arrested, Adam got bail but Jamie stayed in jail which is where he still is now.

Only then did Brax finally accept that Adam was a bad guy. Adam kidnapped Heath's daughter, Darcy, and told Heath that he had to do a deal if he wanted Darcy back, Brax did the deal instead and it ended badly when a car was racing down the road and Adam pushed Brax out of the way and he got hit by a car. Brax and Heath thought he was dead, but obviously not.

Ricky appeared one day and she and Brax have been getting close and it didn't enter anyone's head that maybe Ricky may be acting nice considering what happened with Adam that she may infact want revenge.

Connie is the grandmother to Heath's daughter Darcy, Heath is in a custody battle, the fact that he is a criminal with anger issues made it a hard battle, but once Connie found out that he was in therapy and improving, she took Darcy and left. The money (which came from nowhere.. It was just a couple of months ago that Adam bailed out Brax because his business had lost so much money that he walked in on people trying to remove the appliances, now we are meant to believe that he has over $100,000) that Ricky transferred to Connie now looks like Brax is trying to pay Connie to give Darcy back.

And this Adam storyline looks set to carry on for weeks, then I imagine there will be yet another bad guy from their past coming in to cause them problems, as it is all about the Braxtons.