How Did Simon Get To Manchester Airport?

PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,132
Forum Member
How did he know how to get there?
The actors in Corrie always seem to go by Streetcars whenever they go to the airport. .
How did he know where to catch the bus?
How did he know which Terminal to go to?

Far too much for him to readily know as far as I am concerned.

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Simon Barlow is the 8th wonder of the world, the kid knows everything about everything.

I agree, he is like an adults stuck in a childs body.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    The actors in Corrie always seem to go by Streetcars whenever they go to the airport. .

You're surprised by this? He made his own way home from Brighton a few years back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He got a bendy bus

Kid found his own way back from Blackpool- he's a veteran of the Manchester public transport system:cool:
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As explained on the Corrie "suspension of reality" thread, there is only one flight to the USA every day from Weatherfield International, so it's really not hard to track someone down at the airport ;)
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He said he was on the bus.
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got a bendy bus

Kid found his own way back from Blackpool- he's a veteran of the Manchester public transport system:cool:

well london didnt want the bendybuses so they sent them all to simon barlow :D:D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that ... consider the timing. Didn't carla book the cab for 12 o'clock? So they went to the airport, and presumably did what most people do - go straight to check-in. The bits of the airport we saw were nearly deserted, so five minutes for check-in.

Walking away from check-in, simon comes bursting in - having travelled by bus in his lunch time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Too bad they didn't stick Curly on a plane to somewhere.

At first he were cute, now he's just annoying.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're surprised by this? He made his own way home from Brighton a few years back!

Blackpool wasn't it? :p
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »

His curly head disguises a massive brain
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    His IQ of 2647 helped
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the boy who has to be driven to school every day:rolleyes:
  • Joe PikemanJoe Pikeman Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would he not have been taken in the crew/camera truck,, :confused: with the others,,
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would he not have been taken in the crew/camera truck,, :confused: with the others,,

No, they were really mean and said, 'you're such a little smart@rse, you can find your own way there'.:mad: And of course he did. :cool:
  • funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Apparently Simon Barlow is the 8th wonder of the world, the kid knows everything about everything.

Ha ha, unrealistic :D

It sounds really far-fetched. If a child was that bright, he would be in a special school to cater for his needs. With parents like Leanne and peter, I'm surprised he can even read. The writers talk rubbish:o.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arriva run the 18 to the Airport, on lovely VDL200s. Could have saved his dinner money up for a day saver.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Haha :D.

I hear Simon was the one who invented Google Maps, so that must explain it :cool:.
    "He who masters the map, masters the streets." -- (Christopher Columbus)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Haha :D.

I hear Simon was the one who invented Google Maps, so that must explain it :cool:.
    "He who masters the map, masters the streets." -- (Christopher Columbus)

Wasn't he the one who set off for the East Indies, got lost and ended up in America? :D:D:D
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Wasn't he the one who set off for the East Indies, got lost and ended up in America? :D:D:D

Yep, that's him :D:D.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Blackpool wasn't it? :p

May have been, not a massive Corrie fan I just remember watching it with my nan and laughing at the stupidity of it all. :D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transport expensive, so Curly must get quite a bit of money for his dinner, I always thought Leanne prepared a pack lunch for him.
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The strangest fact about Simon's wanderings is why not one single person between CS and Blackpool...and CS and the airport has ever stopped and asked a little boy what on earth is he doing travelling alone? Also he must get a hell of a lot of pocket money seeing as always has the fare to his destination on him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KaylaL wrote: »
    The strangest fact about Simon's wanderings is why not one single person between CS and Blackpool...and CS and the airport has ever stopped and asked a little boy what on earth is he doing travelling alone? Also he must get a hell of a lot of pocket money seeing as always has the fare to his destination on him!

Well in the case of the airport, he said he used his lunch money, so I can only assume he usually buys caviar, foie gras and filet mignon for his lunch. :rolleyes::D:D
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,132
    Forum Member
    Very funny!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought it was obvious ... from that little bus stop opposite Peter's betting shop, the Weatherfield Wayfarer
    calls at every single stop in the north west of England. Also, since the original Coronation Street terrace was built
    with TARDIS technology donated by The Time Lords of Gallifrey, the bus goes via the Time Vortex to reach all of
    it's stops and destinations in ultra-mega-fast TARDIS-defying Weatherfield Warp-speed!

That why ickle Si showed up at Ringway's second terminal before Peter and Carla could fly back to La-La-Land!