2013 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can see harms moving over to pdc but cant see him winning lakeside this week.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thompson V Dekker aint on the TV tomorrow night?! That was probably the best of the nights matches!

Looking a lop sided draw in fairness, got Fitton, Harms, Green and O'Shea in the top half and only really Waites in that class in the bottom half!
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Thompson V Dekker aint on the TV tomorrow night?! That was probably the best of the nights matches!

Looking a lop sided draw in fairness, got Fitton, Harms, Green and O'Shea in the top half and only really Waites in that class in the bottom half!

Very lop sided indeed. Although Waites will show tremendous respect to his opponents he'll be VERY disappointed if he doesn't make it to the final.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit frustrating that they miss the 5.15pm games. What bothered me tonight was that between 5.30-6.00, both ESPN and ESPNA were showing the same broadcast - an episode of NBA tonight.

Nothing against NBA and I know NBA fans deserve their fair share of coverage, but surely an opportunity to show a live event should trump showing a talk show/highlights show? Especially in this case - I have never known ESPN and ESPNA simulcasting anything before, so the last thing I'd expect to be simulcast is NBA highlights.
  • sporter92sporter92 Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jan Dekker v Garry Thompson
    Paul Jennings v Jason Cullen
    Geert de Vos v Scott Waites
    Richie George v Jimmy Hendriks

Quarter Finals
    Daryll Fitton v Wesley Harms
    Tony O'Shea v Robbie Green
    Hendriks/George v Dekker/Thompson
    Waites/de Vos v Jennings/Cullen
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are all the characters gone ?. What a shame to have Ted and Martin exit so early . Very boring now. The only character left is Tony O'Shea.

Why have they all these new characterless blokes calling out the scores . I cannot stand the Dutch guys mispronunciation of the numbers . I have to mute the sound when he's on.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Where are all the characters gone ?. What a shame to have Ted and Martin exit so early . Very boring now. The only character left is Tony O'Shea.

Why have they all these new characterless blokes calling out the scores . I cannot stand the Dutch guys mispronunciation of the numbers . I have to mute the sound when he's on.

Bit unfair on the callers. Can't all be as dynamic a personality as Paul Hinks.

I think the callers are fine, Nick Rolls is excellent
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But unfair on Ted too seeing as he wasn't in it :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's the favourite in the quarters then? Gotta be a good chance for Tony. He has the experience of the late stages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's the favourite in the quarters then? Gotta be a good chance for Tony. He has the experience of the late stages.

I would like to see a re match between Tony and the Dazzler. That would be a cracker of a semi final. I think now Waites will take some stopping
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced that Waites' half of the draw is quite as easy as people are making out. I think Jennings and Dekker certainly have the quality to match him, it's whether they can produce consistent form. Both were impressive in Round 1, that's for sure.
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a re match between Tony and the Dazzler. That would be a cracker of a semi final. I think now Waites will take some stopping

certainly think the draw has opened up nicely for Waites to at least run to the final.
    as someone else said the other half is quite tough with Fitton, O'Shea and Harms who all have, in my view, decent shouts of getting to the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that Waites' half of the draw is quite as easy as people are making out. I think Jennings and Dekker certainly have the quality to match him, it's whether they can produce consistent form. Both were impressive in Round 1, that's for sure.

agreed Jennings played well in his first round. i just think though as the number 3 seed, it is time for Waites to deliver on the promise he so obviously has... though this might just be my wishful thinking at work.
  • The Great 208The Great 208 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    It's a bit frustrating that they miss the 5.15pm games. What bothered me tonight was that between 5.30-6.00, both ESPN and ESPNA were showing the same broadcast - an episode of NBA tonight.

Nothing against NBA and I know NBA fans deserve their fair share of coverage, but surely an opportunity to show a live event should trump showing a talk show/highlights show? Especially in this case - I have never known ESPN and ESPNA simulcasting anything before, so the last thing I'd expect to be simulcast is NBA highlights.

Any overflow would be on ESPN Classic rather than ESPNA

I watched last night on Eurosport Germany - according to their website their broadcast started at 18:05 GMT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC2 this afternoon - highlights show

They have a feature coming up on the two big losses to darts last year - Sid and Jocky

One for the iPlayer later
  • neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope fitton and o shea win tomroww would be a brilliant semi
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrows line up

Thursday January 10th order of play

Ladies Semi-Final (3 sets 5 Legs 501)
    17:15 Sharon Prins v Lisa Ashton

Men's Quarter Finals (9 sets 5 Legs 501)
    18:30 Darryl Fitton (16) v Wesley Harms (8)

Followed by
    Robbie Green (5) v Tony O'Shea (4)

if they do similar on Friday then Trina v Anastasia wont be 'live':(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those first 2 quarters look terrific to be fair, can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    if they do similar on Friday then Trina v Anastasia wont be 'live':(

i will watch it 12.40am Saturday morning on beeb highlights(will avoid the score and coming on here:p)
    Will update comp scores after ive watched it;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC2 this afternoon - highlights show

They have a feature coming up on the two big losses to darts last year - Sid and Jocky

One for the iPlayer later

Its on after 80 minutes:)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or did BBC2 just cut that off?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did BBC2 just cut that off?

cut what off ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cut what off ?

The darts, it seemed to finish very abruptly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The darts, it seemed to finish very abruptly.

What O'Sheas match ? or the segment about Jocky/Sid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What O'Sheas match ? or the segment about Jocky/Sid.

After the segment about Jocky and Sid they went back to Colin Murray talking to Tony O'Shea etc, then seemed to just end. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention though.