Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Well, only 200+ days to fix.
    That is short for Apple.

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?10458-Government-use-of-private-tech-companies-to-spy-on-citizens

"A prominent security researcher warned Apple about this dangerous vulnerability in mid-2008, yet the company waited more than 1,200 days to fix the flaw,” he said in a blog post."

Not sure why you quoted my post, but not answer the question I asked:confused:

Was it planted by the security services? You gave it 50/50 a few days ago:)
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    You gave it 50/50 a few days ago:)
    A slight exaggeration by me yet there now seems to be a thinking that a 'bug' cannot be a security hole put to use.

Strange really, because lots of bugs get left in when discovered because they either do no harm or may turn out to be useful.

Just like when your IOS device began storing your lifetime location history we may never know the full reasons why.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    A slight exaggeration by me yet there now seems to be a thinking that a 'bug' cannot be a security hole put to use.

Strange really, because lots of bugs get left in when discovered because they either do no harm or may turn out to be useful.

Just like when your IOS device began storing your lifetime location history we may never know the full reasons why.

I don't think the view has ever been given that a bug cannot be a security hole, it is just that not every bug is a security hole (I'm sure that has already been Sid in this very thread).
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    i don't give a f**k anyway, i have a trusted VPN on my phone, iPad and laptop. Plus Bullguard on my laptop and a firewall on my Router.

I'm closed off to pathetic w**kers who hack.
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    i don't give a f**k anyway, i have a trusted VPN on my phone, iPad and laptop. Plus Bullguard on my laptop and a firewall on my Router.

Famous last words. All that does nothing to protect you against social engineering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »

you could be wearing condoms on your hands but none of the above will necessarily protect you from a newly discovered exploit.

And none of the above will protect you from the Unicode of Death on your ipad.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Unicode of Death :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    The irony is that Apple owners can't even search Google for Unicode of Death.

I was in Currys earlier. I searched for "Unicode of death" on google.com on an ipad.

Safari tries to display the search results, unfortunately the search result includes a youtube video that uses the code in the title, and Safari then crashes.... :D
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    it is just that not every bug is a security hole
    That permanent location tracking I mentioned a few times was more a feature than security hole.

Seems leaked stuff on the the NSA said "possible to track a person's whereabouts over extended periods of time, until Apple eliminated this "error" with version 4.3.3 of its mobile operating system and restricted the memory to seven days."

An eye opening read.

I'm sure the "..commenting on photos of enthusiastic Apple customers and iPhone users, the NSA writes: "… and the zombies would be paying customers?"" was simply done to keep the audience amused.
  • Options
    ban_maxban_max Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi Friends..
    For iOS 10 OS update, images, videos and lots more… visit.. http://ios10news.com