Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I'd missed that, is on on the store?
    Yeah, I looked at all the black Friday deals and it's near the bottom.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Sorry to bump this old thread but I thought I would give everyone a heads up that this years Xbox E3 conference is taking place on Sunday, June 11th at 2pm (10pm UK time)

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/831926517559021568
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do folk think of the new look dash, I prefer the screen in screen view when you pressed the XBox button, it was handy when watching Netflix or other video. It also needs tidying up, those boxes on the right of the screen need moving as they look messy now.

The first step backward since launch in my opinion, though very subjective.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Well I only got my Xbox S last week. I like the dash, but don't really have anything to compare it with, except PS4 when I had one, and I think I prefer the Xbox dash. I like the way it links your games to the community and store etc.
    Forum Member
    What do folk think of the new look dash, I prefer the screen in screen view when you pressed the XBox button, it was handy when watching Netflix or other video. It also needs tidying up, those boxes on the right of the screen need moving as they look messy now.

I really like the speed of the new dashboard but miss things like this and the ability to snap an app.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »

I really like the speed of the new dashboard but miss things like this and the ability to snap an app.

Same.
    I also don't like the single button press for the guide. Preferred the double tap for guide and the single to take you home.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »

Same.
    I also don't like the single button press for the guide. Preferred the double tap for guide and the single to take you home.

I feel the same. Single press to home seemed quite good and I'm not sure why they changed it as the last dashboard/guide layout wasn't even a year old.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone had this issue below?

So, I was playing Overwatch. Went out, so turned my Xbox One off. Came back and when turning it back on, it boots up like a new Xbox. I sign up etc and everything is gone. Problem is, my storage is showing as 90% full (what it was!) so I can't even reinstall all my games anyway.

no idea wht has happened? it's like it all of my stuff is still there, I just can't see it?
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Anyone had this issue below?

So, I was playing Overwatch. Went out, so turned my Xbox One off. Came back and when turning it back on, it boots up like a new Xbox. I sign up etc and everything is gone. Problem is, my storage is showing as 90% full (what it was!) so I can't even reinstall all my games anyway.

no idea wht has happened? it's like it all of my stuff is still there, I just can't see it?

If you are running the Insider (preview) dashboard then this was an issue build serves that has now been resolved

https://twitter.com/WorkWombatman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah looks like I had an issue with the latest insider build. I turned my console on and it said power on failed.
    I did a restart and it continued the install.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Summer Sale has started today. A few bargains on there. I have finally picked up the expansion passes for The Witcher 3 for £10 and Titan Fall 2 for £15
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, playing PS4 for Crash. Jesus, the whole system is horrendous. It's so slow in comparison to the XBO and even simple things like changing users in a pain.

I don't understand how people can use this system as a whole :-/
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone had any luck getting a custom gamerpic up? i keep trying but if it do get it to change but then will change back 10 mins later. im not putting anything bad up just trying to put up a mass effect picture
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    So, playing PS4 for Crash. Jesus, the whole system is horrendous. It's so slow in comparison to the XBO and even simple things like changing users in a pain.

I don't understand how people can use this system as a whole :-/

I have both consoles and love both.

But I find the Xbox UI much slower than the PS4 UI.

Dont ever need to change users so have no idea on the side of things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find the xbox one slow to start up from being off and updates take ages and the interface harder to navigate with everything requiring a few more button presses and additional menus than ideal but once up and running works quickly. where as the ps4 is alot better laid out with minimal clutter quicker to startup and update however accessing stuff can be a chore with lots of please wait screens while its exchanging data and often gets stuck for and age in a plase wait screen.

switching users is easy just ps button, power option, then switch users
    Forum Member
    A new update is coming out overnight for console in the Alpha wave of the insider community. This latest update is bringing quite a few changes to the console just after we have managed to get used to the current dashboard.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/07/latest-xbox-update-releases-insiders-starting-today/

https://youtu.be/VeA2FmPT7xk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so another new dashboard where its horzontal instead of vertical now. theyve obvisly taken some ideas from the ps4 user interface. now time to relearn where everything is again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree from looking at the screen shots my first thoughts were, its similar to the PS4 and I don't think that's a good thing.
    I'll check later to see if I have the update but nowadays with the guide button its rare that I end up on the home screen.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful. The worst iteration of the UI so far. It's faster, yes, but it has to be as it takes longer to get where you need to go.
    The community tab looks like they loaded everything into a shotgun and fired.
    Forum Member
    They have modified the Insider tiers today to allow people to progress to higher tiers more easily.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/09/fans-can-join-xbox-insider-program/
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    edited 11/08/17 - 00:41 #2272
    The fact they change the UI as much as they do to me says that they know that they have never got it right & ultimately don't know what to do with it.

I know there trying to do the 'unified platform' thing but I really feel they would benefit from looking just at what works for a games console rather than seemingly taking design concepts & ideas from the PC/Mobile platforms & trying to make them work on a console.

Make it clean, intuitive, clear & as uncluttered as possible..... Then leave it alone so people don't have to try & re-learn/re-find everything every few months. The fact Sony have kept the PS4's UI largely the same since day 1 has allowed every aspect of using it to become 2nd nature to me, I know exactly where everything is & how to get there without having to think about it. Everytime I use an XB1 on the other hand I seem to spend the 1st 5 minutes trying to figure out where the thing I want is & even once i've got everything on each overhaul figured out it still doesn't feel as simple or intuitive as I'd like it to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why dont they just copy the 360 interface most people were happy with that
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder for those interested Xbox has a pre Gamescom press event tomorrow evening at 8.00.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/17/tune-in-for-xbox-at-gamescom-live-this-weekend/
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Just pre ordered myself the project scorpio edition Xbox One X.

Couldn't help myself haha.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 29/09/17 - 09:20 #2276
    I'm considering buying an Xbox one to play Fifa on as my laptop doesn't like Fifa 18.

If i buy an Xbox One, can i download Fifa 18 from my game library on Origin on the XBox?