Options

Big brother canada season 5 : what do you want to see?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
What would you like to see in this upcoming season?

A season of all new house guests ?
An all stars season?
Newbies v previous house guests?
Something different?

Id like to see a mix of Newbies and previous contestants.

Maybe even a north v south show.... all stars from both tge us and Canadian editions.

Comments

• Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind an "All Stars" series to celebrate its fifth year.
    They could have four housemates from each year return (or just bring back the entire cast of series two because they were amazing). I'd have a hard time selecting just four of series two to return... whereas three and four I'd struggle to find any 'stars' at all!

Having a mix cast is absolutely awful. Most newbies end up playing for them, and production typically favours them, too - or at least in the US they do.

BB13 - Rachel won. Jordan and Jeff top six.
    BB14 - Dan final two.
    BB18 - Nicole won. James top three.
    BBOTT - Jason's currently at final five.

Pretty impressive considering these returnees have been outnumbered every single time, yet somehow always seem to get to the end. Coincidence? I don't think so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we did have an All Stars series, my picks would be:

S1: Emmett, Jillian, Tom, Topaz
    S2: Arlie, Heather, Jon, Neda
    S3: Brittnee, Bruno, Godfrey, Sarah
    S4: Cassandra, Dallas, Loveita, Phil

Or possibly a Second Chance theme (some of the above would fit in this theme, too):

S1: Andrew, Kat, Suzette, Tom
    S2: Anick, Ika, Kenny, Paul
    S3: Jordan, Naeha, Risha, Zach
    S4: Dallas, Loveita, Mitch, Paige
  • Options
    bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the strength of BBCAN4 being so good I watched BBCAN3 with the vault theme and really liked that too. I think it is too soon for them to have an all-star season but will watch anything they put up because the show is very entertaining. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluegroper wrote: »
    On the strength of BBCAN4 being so good I watched BBCAN3 with the vault theme and really liked that too. I think it is too soon for them to have an all-star season but will watch anything they put up because the show is very entertaining. :)

You should've watched series two instead. It's one of the best Big Brother series of all time.

Admittedly, the episodes are a bit weak in comparison to how great the live feed was, but still one of the best casts ever.

If you do decide to watch it at some point, I definitely recommend trying to watch some live feed clips on YouTube alongside the episodes to get a better feel for it.

I wanted to relive it a couple of months back so went and watched the episodes but it isn't the same - felt a bit underwhelming compared to how it really was. Most of the action took place on the feeds.

I probably haven't sold this series to you :D - it's far superior to series three and four though, even without the feeds.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I think season 5 is too early for allstars.

I'd be happy to see them doing the international houseguest twist again, of course though with different houseguests. Tim and Nikki really added to the season and i'm sure there are others who could be just as good - may I recommend Makosi? I bet she would thrive with this format.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    You should've watched series two instead. It's one of the best Big Brother series of all time.

Admittedly, the episodes are a bit weak in comparison to how great the live feed was, but still one of the best casts ever.

If you do decide to watch it at some point, I definitely recommend trying to watch some live feed clips on YouTube alongside the episodes to get a better feel for it.

I wanted to relive it a couple of months back so went and watched the episodes but it isn't the same - felt a bit underwhelming compared to how it really was. Most of the action took place on the feeds.

I probably haven't sold this series to you :D - it's far superior to series three and four though, even without the feeds.
    S02 has been my favourite BB:CAN so far :)
  • Options
    bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed BBCAN4 and admit I only watched it because they had the international twist with Nikki and Tim. The series was so entertaining and I really appreciate the free feeds and the ease of access through a proxy. On the strength of BBCAN4 I searched and downloaded BBCAN3 which also was entertaining with the vault theme.

I think they should do more of the same they don't really need returning HG's as its only the 5th season there are still a lot of uncapped talent and haven't reached the stage for an all star series. :)