Game in a bad way?

Comments

• DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a fan of GAME, but I am slightly put off by the amount of schadenfreude their seems to be on various messageboards at their plight. I think its inevitable they will go under.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tata game

Mass Effect 3 will not be stocked at Game stores across the UK, the high street chain has announced.

The Electronic Arts (EA) title is released at the end of next week.

Game has apologised to customers on its Facebook page but does not give a reason for not being able to supply Mass Effect 3.

"We're contacting you with news that, unfortunately we are not in a position to supply you with your copy of Mass Effect 3," said a statement.
    Continue reading the main story

We're contacting you with news that, unfortunately we are not in a position to supply you with your copy of Mass Effect 3

Game statement

"As dedicated gamers, we know how disappointing this will be for you, and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that this will cause."

Game customers who have pre-ordered the title will be given £5 in loyalty card reward points.

The high street chain has refused to comment on reports that other EA games could be affected from next month.

The firm trades from more than 1,270 stores in nine European countries and Australia but has seen its share price drop 90% over the last yea
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for the double post, but check out the shares, they have hit an all time low
    http://i43.tinypic.com/346kz78.jpg

Total share history
    http://i44.tinypic.com/21alnqe.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game are gone now. EA and Nintendo are pulling out is not just a hammer blow its the final nail in the coffin. Feel sorry for the staff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read somewhere that gamestop want to buy game. If I was them I would sell up right away before it gets messy.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the double post, but check out the shares, they have hit an all time low
    http://i43.tinypic.com/346kz78.jpg

Total share history
    http://i44.tinypic.com/21alnqe.jpg

Bloody 'eck! I read on TSA that it is only for the month of March though :confused:

I wonder if in a years time they will still be here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Bloody 'eck! I read on TSA that it is only for the month of March though :confused:

I wonder if in a years time they will still be here?

Will this thread outlast game place your bets NOW :D
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one2escape wrote: »
    Game are gone now. EA and Nintendo are pulling out is not just a hammer blow its the final nail in the coffin. Feel sorry for the staff.

Have to agree with this comment can't see any way back for Game now, they had it too good for too long charging as much as they do. It was only a matter of time before people got wise to the fact that in most cases they were being ripped off and publishers lost faith in them. Having said that i've had a couple of decent bargains from them in the past some in store and some online. Bye Game.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they wont be stocking ssx then on friday?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they wont be stocking ssx then on friday?

SSX will be the last EA game they do stock,after that they commit a inevitable Financial Kamikaze nosedive and someone like Gamestop comes in and picks up the pieces
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSX will be the last EA game they do stock,after that they commit a inevitable Financial Kamikaze nosedive and someone like Gamestop comes in and picks up the pieces

ive pre ordered it,

i will have to get kid icarus online, i cant see any supermarkets stocking that..

apart from the japanese ones:)
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going fo get the vita for my son there tomarrow. As have no way to buy online from amazon ect. Not to sure now. Is gamestation the same company?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3PS wrote: »
    Was going fo get the vita for my son there tomarrow. As have no way to buy online from amazon ect. Not to sure now. Is gamestation the same company?

yeah,they both are part of the GAME Group
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Will have to scout around town tomorrow see the deals. Only thing i really hate about game is when your paying they try and get you to buy some guarantee incase your computet falls apart.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Worse luck for Gamestation. I worked there when they were a standalone company, so much better then.
  • tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good riddance. Game has been useless for ages and is totally a blot on the retail landscape. Unglad that they took over gamestation and therefore what they'll do to that once excellent chain, and of course for the staff, but they definitely have been a underhand nasty retailer for far too long. A swift closedown and hopefully a decent replacement please :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred when game was known as electronics boutique and was a completely separate company than gamestation. It's sad to see the state of the high street game shops.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    GAME are currently not going be stocking games by UbiSoft (Not just Vita games, as of now, ALL UbiSoft titles to be released) and Namco-Bandai for the time being, GAME has 18 Months to turn themselves around or else they'll be heading the way of Woolworths. They've been having some problems with Nintendo to, so far EA have spoken out to say they are doing their best to help out a failing "Major European Chain".

You heard it from me first folks :p
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, you know things are bad when they can't stock Mario. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I preferred when game was known as electronics boutique and was a completely separate company than gamestation. It's sad to see the state of the high street game shops.

It was Future Zone before Electronics Boutique. EB was a s**t name to be honest, i remember working there when we switched over from Future Zone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the staff who will inevitably be out of work soon, but it's hard to feel sorry for the actual company considering the ridiculous prices that they've been charging. I can't remember the last time i bought anything from a Game store (or their website come to think of it).

Does this affect Gameplay.co.uk by any chance? I know that they're being taken over by Gamestation on March 1st. I only ask because i've got a Mass Effect 3 N7 Collectors Edition pre order with them and i've just noticed that they've removed any mention of the game from their site despite them not having cancelled my order (it's still listed on my account and i've not had an cancellation e-mails...yet).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the staff who will inevitably be out of work soon, but it's hard to feel sorry for the actual company considering the ridiculous prices that they've been charging. I can't remember the last time i bought anything from a Game store (or their website come to think of it).

Does this affect Gameplay.co.uk by any chance? I know that they're being taken over by Gamestation on March 1st. I only ask because i've got a Mass Effect 3 N7 Collectors Edition pre order with them and i've just noticed that they've removed any mention of the game from their site despite them not having cancelled my order (it's still listed on my account and i've not had an cancellation e-mails...yet).

I'd send Gamestation an email to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »
    I'd send Gamestation an email to be honest.

I've literally just cancelled it and ordered the regular edition from Amazon, can't be arsed playing the waiting game as they belatedly send me a cancellation e-mail that leaves it too short notice to order from anywhere else. The fact that they've removed any mention of the game from their site probably means that it's unlikely to be stocked. I've read that Game are being quite slow with their cancellation notifactions so i'd wager Gameplay will be the same, it's part of the Game group now so i doubt it'll be stocked.

I would have liked the N7 Edition, but i'd rather get the game on release day, i'll just buy the DLC character with Microsoft Points as it looks like it's "Day One" DLC for non-collectors edition people. On the bright side, i guess it's saved me £30...