Changes at Bauer

Comments

• CiderMonsterCiderMonster Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's happening with the Scottish OSA show?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FKToo wrote: »
    What's happening with the Scottish OSA show?

Not sure as far as I am aware Grant is only doing it on mfr
  • CiderMonsterCiderMonster Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are we stuck with the current (tired!) show or is it still planned for all Scottish stations?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FKToo wrote: »
    So are we stuck with the current (tired!) show or is it still planned for all Scottish stations?

I think it is still planned
  • mattselftenmattselften Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Aetnla wrote: »
    Olivia Jones is doing In: Denamd Uncut this evening. Who will be doing In: Demand now Stu Tolan is moving? The station schedule never works. It always says "Sorry, there has been a problem loading the schedule information. Please try again later."

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this problem! :)
  • beermolebeermole Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this problem! :)

Isn't it an OFCOM requirement that the Public File includes the station schedule? I don't know how Bauer manage to be in breach of it so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Schedule doesnt seem to appear on Sundays
  • jamesr_123jamesr_123 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    The Schedule doesnt seem to appear on Sundays

Funny you should mention this, I've noticed the exact same thing and don't understand why that happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesr_123 wrote: »
    Funny you should mention this, I've noticed the exact same thing and don't understand why that happens.
    Neither do i
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's done deliberately to stimulate some wild speculation on DS, same as the schedule errors such as Tony Blackburn being listed at 4pm this Sunday on Northsound 1 as was the case yesterday.

They are a wacky bunch of pranksters.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mfr has lost another regional show as Greigsy's Hot 20 is on mfr for the first time today.

Greigsy has invaded mfr as his evening show started airing in the mfr region just a few weeks ago.

He does seem to be Bauer's man of the moment.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mfr has lost another regional show as Greigsy's Hot 20 is on mfr for the first time today.

Greigsy has invaded mfr as his evening show started airing in the mfr region just a few weeks ago.

He does seem to be Bauer's man of the moment.

Invaded? Lol
  • mattselftenmattselften Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    beermole wrote: »
    Isn't it an OFCOM requirement that the Public File includes the station schedule? I don't know how Bauer manage to be in breach of it so much.

Never heard of that one before, however I also have problems with the Kiss, KissFresh and Kisstory schedule sometimes when they fail to load. Bauer have gotten away with many things before that I have noticed so it doesn't surprise me if they can get away with what they probably call "a small technical fault!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night (31/8/15) on Forth 1 they opted out of Greigsy's evening show between 9pm - 10pm to provide coverage of the fireworks and Concert in Edinburgh with Boogie and Arlene
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just discovered Ewan and Cat from Real Radio days now on the City 1 stations, Clyde1, Forth1, etc etc How long have they been on here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just discovered Ewan and Cat from Real Radio days now on the City 1 stations, Clyde1, Forth1, etc etc How long have they been on here?

Yeah they are on the Scottish Bauer City 1 stations on a Sunday morning between 9am - 12pm. They have been doing it for about a month now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well with news coming in that Global is handing its xfm scotland licence back to ofcom. I wonder if Bauer will bid for it to put clyde 2 on fm
  • RadioGazRadioGaz Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Last night (31/8/15) on Forth 1 they opted out of Greigsy's evening show between 9pm - 10pm to provide coverage of the fireworks and Concert in Edinburgh with Boogie and Arlene

Fireworks always look good on radio!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RadioGaz wrote: »

Yeah sure do ;)

I should have worded that better it was the concert so that the people of Edinburgh could watch the fireworks and listen to the music the accompanies it
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well with news coming in that Global is handing its xfm scotland licence back to ofcom. I wonder if Bauer will bid for it to put clyde 2 on fm

If Bauer are successful in getting this FM frequency for Clyde 2 it could work very well as they do not need to provide any additional local programming as Breakfast and Drive already come from Glasgow on Clyde 2. So the same Breakfast and Drive programmes could be on FM in Glasgow and AM across Scotland.

It would work like Smooth London which is on FM and the same programming is on AM across the South of England.

Unlike Radio City 2 who need local programmes and presenters for Breakfast and Drive from Liverpool as the network comes from Manchester.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Bauer are successful in getting this FM frequency for Clyde 2 it could work very well as they do not need to provide any additional local programming as Breakfast and Drive already come from Glasgow on Clyde 2. So the same Breakfast and Drive programmes could be on FM in Glasgow and AM across Scotland.

It would work like Smooth London which is on FM and the same programming is on AM across the South of England.

Unlike Radio City 2 who need local programmes and presenters for Breakfast and Drive from Liverpool as the network comes from Manchester.

This was just an idea that clyde 2 could take up the frequency.

I suppose they could get round it that way but does Ally Bally not sometimes do the home run show from Tay's studios
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RadioGaz wrote: »

I go to the Fireworks Concert every year. At one point this used to be on Forth 2. At lest Forth are still covering a local event.

Darren
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they are on the Scottish Bauer City 1 stations on a Sunday morning between 9am - 12pm. They have been doing it for about a month now

A month, gee, oh well i need to tune in tomorrow, if im up lol

Also, If Global hand back xfm, i dont think ofcom will readvertise it.
    Theres talk the new to be GO radio are wanting it.
    Would also be good for RockSport
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Borders has opted out of both the Big Bad Saturday Show and Scotland's Hot 20 today to cover the Golden Ticket day on the Borders Railway, which starts passenger services tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Borders has opted out of both the Big Bad Saturday Show and Scotland's Hot 20 today to cover the Golden Ticket day on the Borders Railway, which starts passenger services tomorrow.

Shows the stations can still do local things when required