Options

Is it going REALLY dark where you are already?

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest sunset in 4 days time
  • Options
    Steffan_LeachSteffan_Leach Posts: 4,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest sunset in 4 days time

In the South perhaps...

I know our earliest sunset time is about 3:37pm each year but it's not reached that yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the South perhaps...

I know our earliest sunset time is about 3:37pm each year but it's not reached that yet.

It will be no longer than 6 days
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be the gloomiest day of the year so far. 3pm, dark grey sky, raining, and need the lights on just to see around the house already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3:45pm and streetlights on already. This is about the earliest they come on all year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since we've entered December I haven't seen the sun at all. Its just been soooo overcast and gloooomy all the time. I've been looking for a day to clean the light shades in the hallway but its just been too gloomy to do it.

Today is very gloomy and depressing indeed, feel really lathargic and don't feellike doing anything at all.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,162
    Forum Member
    Yes, we know. You said exactly the same thing last year. It's not going to be any different, you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest sunset of the year in the south of England today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest sunset of the year in the south of England today.

Same here as well. It's been at 3:47pm for a while now. By Saturday this becomes 3:48pm. However it's beginning to go dark as soon as 3:00pm here. Won't see much difference anyway as I haven't seen a single glimpse of the sun here since November, it's just been constant cloud/gloom since December begun. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to get quite gloomy here in Lancashire. Not as dark as last year on Christmas Day though as that was very gloomy all day with constant sheet of blanket cloud and streetlights on by 3:15pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticing it's starting to get lighter again now. Not starting to get dark till about 4pm and even now at nearly 5pm the sky is a beautiful blue outside. It has been a clear sky today which has helped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticing it's starting to get lighter again now. Not starting to get dark till about 4pm and even now at nearly 5pm the sky is a beautiful blue outside. It has been a clear sky today which has helped.

Yes a very light evening. There was still light in the sky at 4.30pm.