Man United Supporters Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Land lord wrote: »
    Is it a life threatening issue batdude??

People are concerned about you

Oh no, nothing like that, it is just of a personal nature, and not something that I would like broadcasted to the world by posting it on here (I hope that is not too much of an unusual request).:blush:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem, I would prefer not to broadcast quite what my surgery is about, as it is a rather touchy and personal matter (I hope that doesn't come across as too rude or aloof, as it isn't meant to, I just wish to keep that bit private, if that is okay?).

That's fine .

You do have people in here that care for you, and personally knowing what op you are having would put my mind at rest or at least make me understand and therefore explain to others what's going on.

Don't tell me exactly if you don't want but is it one of the following?

Laprascopic gallbladder removal?
    Appendix
    Arthroscopic (shoulder, knee )
    Opthalmic
    Gynaecological

These are all the areas I work in
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine .

You do have people in here that care for you, and personally knowing what op you are having would put my mind at rest or at least make me understand and therefore explain to others what's going on.

Appendix
    Opthalmic
    Gynaecological

I am very thankful and very much appreciative of all of the support, it is very kind and generous.

It is not one of those that you list, but it is nice to know that there is someone here with such knowledge just in case of anything happening in that department!

Hopefully if I get the go-ahead for the surgery, (as I am visiting the consultant very shortly for confirmation) then it will be more for something that is only slightly painful, but that has been with me for a while now, and that I will be very glad to be rid of after the surgery.
    It isn't a mole or anything like that, it is just something that as I say I have had for a while, and that will make me ever so relieved when it has gone.

I hope that puts your mind at ease a bit more, and once again, I am very thankful for the post, and the consideration.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member
    That's fine .

Appendix
    Opthalmic
    Gynaecological

Sheesh, I really hope that batdude does not have a gynaecological issue knowing his gender:o
    My areas of speciality are:

Schizoaffective disorder
    Bipolar affective disorder
    Schizophrenia
    Personality disorders (all of them)

Maybe I can be of assistance?:D
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Eek sounds like piles :blush:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very thankful and very much appreciative of all of the support, it is very kind and generous.

It is not one of those that you list, but it is nice to know that there is someone here with such knowledge just in case of anything happening in that department!

Hopefully if I get the go-ahead for the surgery, (as I am visiting the consultant very shortly for confirmation) then it will be more for something that is only slightly painful, but that has been with me for a while now, and that I will be very glad to be rid of after the surgery.
    It isn't a mole or anything like that, it is just something that as I say I have had for a while, and that will make me ever so relieved when it has gone.

I hope that puts your mind at ease a bit more, and once again, I am very thankful for the post, and the consideration.

Well good luck with whatever it is.

If it's any sort of cysts or anything minor then day surgery will sort you out quick enough. DM if you need any advice or any questions.
    If I can help I will. ( help with putting your mind at ease )
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might be a bit rusty having not been in practice for a few years but I'm sure I can share some knowledge if your particular ailment falls into any of the following

Elective orthopaedics
    General medicine
    Renal failure
  • Sebastian1992Sebastian1992 Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an expertise in discussing football, so if you need any help getting this thread back to talking about Manchester United...

Although, I suppose, I can see why after your latest result, discussing piles removal surgery is more pleasurable..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an expertise in discussing football, so if you need any help getting this thread back to talking about Manchester United...

Although, I suppose, I can see why after your latest result, discussing piles removal surgery is more pleasurable..

Hopefully the pain in the arse that I can't shift will be relieved on July 1st.

Fingers crossed!
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the pain in the arse that I can't shift will be relieved on July 1st.

Fingers crossed!

Was wondering when somebody would get round to that. ;-)

Have yet to see the game so can't really comment but it seems we played as poorly as against Watford only Mata wasn't on the pitch long enough to help us out this time. Ah well, I hope among other things this will quiet the "Rashford for England" nonsense for a while anyway.

Looking more and more like it's the Europa League or bust for us this season.

Off topic: Batdude you are such a tease telling people that you have an upcoming op and then not telling us what it is. I can't match the medical nous of your other willing volunteers on this thread but I am quite handy at disassembling various makes of vacuum hoover, just in case you've got yourself stuck on the hose again ;-)
  • Land lordLand lord Posts: 155
    Forum Member

You said it was preventing you from working so it must be something more than slightly painful??

I admire your bravery anyway
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the last week sums up how the rest of the season will go for us. Highs and lows, win some, lose some, probably finish 5th and without a trophy. Then we'll see what happens in the summer.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I think the last week sums up how the rest of the season will go for us. Highs and lows, win some, lose some, probably finish 5th and without a trophy. Then we'll see what happens in the summer.
    Even 5th is going to be a struggle with the form of West Ham, Liverpool and Chelsea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, looking at the table Liverpool are only 3 points behind us now with a game in hand, but to be honest if we can't get 4th spot it doesn't really matter where we finish.
  • RevengeofthMojoRevengeofthMojo Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    We have seen that LVG can get a result when his hand has been forced with selection, however he is just not able to manage a large available squad.

His substitutions have to be right up there with the strangest I have ever seen. You just know not to get your hopes up with re-energising a dour performance from the bench anymore.

Humiliation must be avoided over the next fortnight. If we go out of the cup to the bin dippers, then get overtaken in the league, we will not hear the end of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The next couple of weeks will define our season. The double header against Liverpool either side of the FA Cup quarter final against West Ham, and then Man City away on the 20th. It's sink or swim time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have seen that LVG can get a result when his hand has been forced with selection, however he is just not able to manage a large available squad.

His substitutions have to be right up there with the strangest I have ever seen. You just know not to get your hopes up with re-energising a dour performance from the bench anymore.

Humiliation must be avoided over the next fortnight. If we go out of the cup to the bin dippers, then get overtaken in the league, we will not hear the end of it.

If we get dumped out of the Europa league at Old Trafford I can imagine the boos will be off the scale.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    If we get dumped out of the Europa league at Old Trafford I can imagine the boos will be off the scale.

yes they will but if we knock Liverpool out the noise will be incredible:D Lets hope Mata can refrain from stupidity this time out.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shouldn't that be booze? :D

Strangely, I'm looking forward to it unlike our league encounters - I just hope it's decided by a moment or two of footballing brilliance.

What would you choose if you had the choice of either winning this tie or beating City?
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »

Strangely, I'm looking forward to it unlike our league encounters - I just hope it's decided by a moment or two of footballing brilliance.

What would you choose if you had the choice of either winning this tie or beating City?

Winning this tie. Especially both legs ;-)
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 126,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How games does Mata miss
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    One game. West Ham, Cup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Always the scousers. When City have won as many titles as we both have then they can consider themselves rivals in the same way we are.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's got to be the Europa League tie, I don't think the City game will make any difference to where we'll finish in the league because we'll drop silly points elsewhere.
  • DoctorMuffDoctorMuff Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Europa League is a means to an end. Nothing more. It isn't a 'prize' in itself, or shouldn't be for a club like Manchester United.
This discussion has been closed.