Options

Pokemon Go

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what the fuss is about to be honest, it just seem's like it's the latest fad that people feel they need to be part of because everybody else is.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    When is this ready to download in the uk?
    That's a question a lot of people want answering; a fair portion of Europe in fact.
    For people who did the trick with the US App Store:

I've done the same but can't buy anything yet cos it's registered as a US app, if I delete it and get it when it's out in UK App Store would I still keep all my progress as it'll be registered to my google email won't it?
    For people who did the trick with the US App Store:

I've done the same but can't buy anything yet cos it's registered as a US app, if I delete it and get it when it's out in UK App Store would I still keep all my progress as it'll be registered to my google email won't it?
    The bypass is fine for Android users, but Apple users don't get that luck. Both can download the US game, but if I'm right, only Android users are able (or will be able) to play the UK game with their US save. Apple users will have to start over.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to buy a smartphone to play it :(
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I wonder if you will find some retailers such as Game offering to pay The Pokemon Company to ensure they have a gym located in there business.
    Sponsored locations coming...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3689223/Pok-mon-add-sponsored-locations-Firms-able-pay-pokestop-gym-premises-McDonalds-first.html
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Found a Ratatta with poison fang and dig as moves. Might actually keep this one.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's out in the UK app store on iOS now ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's out in the UK app store on iOS now ..
    I can confirm it's on the Apple store too. Downloading now! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I can confirm it's on the Apple store too. Downloading now! :D

I'm not downloading :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not downloading :)
    I think you should. :p

You needn't spend your entire life looking to collect them all, or aimlessly walking around parks (I sure don't) but it may be nice to use to pass the time. :)
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't see what the fuss is about to be honest, it just seem's like it's the latest fad that people feel they need to be part of because everybody else is.

Pokémon is a huge franchise. For 20 years it's been massive. Now you have a game which accessible to anyone with a smartphone.

Fad? Not sure about that but of course the numbers will decrease. It helps that its summer time as people wont be so keen to go out in the winter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should. :p

You needn't spend your entire life looking to collect them all, or aimlessly walking around parks (I sure don't) but it may be nice to use to pass the time. :)

I might give it a look out of curiosity, but for no other reason than to see what all the fuss is about. Does seem to be giving some people a good workout though - read somewhere that someone did over 35,000 steps in two days just walking around to find some.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I might give it a look out of curiosity, but for no other reason than to see what all the fuss is about. Does seem to be giving some people a good workout though - read somewhere that someone did over 35,000 steps in two days just walking around to find some.
    I wonder how many I'd catch if I went out for a bike ride. :p
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Probably trying to hatch an egg. The more you walk while having an egg in an incubator will result in a rarer Pokemon.
    I wonder how many I'd catch if I went out for a bike ride. :p

Doesn't work like that. The app uses something in your phone to track the speed you're going so if you're in the car, it won't work. I've read that it works if you're on a skateboard but as long as you're not going too fast. I assume the bike is the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Probably trying to hatch an egg. The more you walk while having an egg in an incubator will result in a rarer Pokemon.

Doesn't work like that. The app uses something in your phone to track the speed you're going so if you're in the car, it won't work. I've read that it works if you're on a skateboard but as long as you're not going too fast. I assume the bike is the same.

Someone figured out that if you put your phone on an old style record player, it actually works to track distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnFigpLC_54

Looks like different people are trying different things. Quite impressive how much it's taken off though - Nintendo must be loving it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »

I'll cycle (slow) to hatch eggs at least? :p
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member

It can add up, just walking around my block and the small park next to it is almost 3kms.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 10km eggs to hatch. Time to start walking! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trainer Club (via the Pokémon website) is naturally down. I guess I'll be waiting till later. :(
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    It's saying it's not available in my country :(

Edit: I've installed it via the play store website rather than the app and its downloading now, phew. :D
  • Options
    mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Loving it except my phone doesn't allow me to see the Pokemon in the real world view which is lame.

There's a dedicated forum at ifoundapokemon.com
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    It's on the android UK Play Store now.
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    That's a question a lot of people want answering; a fair portion of Europe in fact.

The bypass is fine for Android users, but Apple users don't get that luck. Both can download the US game, but if I'm right, only Android users are able (or will be able) to play the UK game with their US save. Apple users will have to start over.

Just tried it and deleted it and got the UK version and all my progress was still on my google account thank god :D
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The closest poke-stop to my work is at a nursery and daycare centre...awkward.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    i see certain children's charity wants it banned already
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    It's now been released to the UK (officially). I can finally play it :D