Options

The Missing- Series 2

Comments

• Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad i am not the only one lost . I am so confussed .
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    As a fan of Keeley, even watched the Durrells for her... is it any good?

It's a bit too early to tell how good it is as it's all been a bit 'slow burn' and convoluted so far
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Confused. Who was the dad sh*gging? Looked like the military policewoman, who we saw largely pregnant earlier. Why did she hide the baby scan photo? Is Alice dead? Flipping heck.

Ohh this confused me too - couldn't work out if Sam was shagging his wife or the pregnant army officer - utterly & completely baffled by all of it.
  • Options
    Ryan_RichardsRyan_Richards Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    First 25-30 minutes was a little bit slow and confusing, I felt.

The second half was much better, it was excellent in parts, and everything started to click.

I assume that girl isn't Alice Webster, which I did suspect during the episode. All very intriguing and unpredictable at the moment.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    Ohh this confused me too - couldn't work out if Sam was shagging his wife or the pregnant army officer - utterly & completely baffled by all of it.
    He got a call from Gemma, his wife, while he was with the other woman.
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    Well I didn't see the first series but among other questions, do we know how the dad became so scarred? I've noticed nothing yet that explains it.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    When did she die and how??

Jeeze
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nomad2king wrote: »
    Her tombstone said 22/12/2014.

Thanks. I thought there was a connection because they focused longer than necessary on the plaque on the coffin.
  • Options
    notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they wouldn't let her out of hospital so soon after what she has been through, and without psychiatric help under hospital supervision.
    Roll on next week and I might pick up some more clues, but really I like a story from the start, in sequence to the end.
    I've got a headache now.
  • Options
    iprodiprod Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Slow to build but I'm sure all the answers will be revealed over the series. Cant give it all away in week one, can they? I enjoyed it.....
  • Options
    oli3032oli3032 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Who was the lady with the shopping trolley, who the son was shouting at?
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Me too, in fact I have lost the plot completely. Came on here to try to make sense of what is going on!

Glad I'm not the only one... I'm normally pretty good at following this kind of thing, but I've had a long and tiring day at work today, so I'm probably not at my most alert!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »

Jeeze

You will have to wait and see ;-) I was shocked she was dead.

I was totally gripped. This looks like it will be good just hope the ending is not a massive normal let down tho :(
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    oli3032 wrote: »
    Who was the lady with the shopping trolley, who the son was shouting at?

I think she was the lady with blonde hair at the court with the young black lad.
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This non stop time shift is done for effect....somehow writers think it makes the story more important nteresting if they keep the viewer confused.....yes some viewers think story is better because they cant understand.

In a nutshell. Alice arrived back in 2014. She died sometime after 2014.

In present day Julien is in Iraq looking for the black soldier who is connected in some way.

In 2014 Alice brother was not on drugs. After her death he got hooked into drugs

Dad probably got burnt trying to save daughter.

Son probably knows of black soldiers involvement hence he chased the woman in the supermarket car park. She was shown at the funeral of the soldiers father.

Mum and dad still living together. Dad started shagging the sgt before or soon after she got involved in the case of Alice when she returned. When Julien visited the camp in Germany sgt was 7 months preggers.

Rest is padding. For eg the chase in the Iraqi street.
  • Options
    notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linfran wrote: »
    Well I didn't see the first series but among other questions, do we know how the dad became so scarred? I've noticed nothing yet that explains it.

The first series has no connection with this one apart from Baptiste was in both. The first one was similar in the fluctuating timelines and confusing storyline, which when I got to the end I still couldn't fathom out.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linfran wrote: »

That's still to come, I think. - just as the explanation of Alice's death or whoever is buried in the cemetery.
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    You will have to wait and see ;-) I was shocked she was dead.

I was totally gripped. This looks like it will be good just hope the ending is not a massive normal let down tho :(

Series 1 was a big let down. It was never an abduction just a stupid accident as a child followed a frigging fox onto the road. Thats how much of a let down it was.
  • Options
    Skittle BombSkittle Bomb Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeley has been great in everything I've seen her in.
  • Options
    bebo83bebo83 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    To those who are confused. They start with the abduction then 2014 and then go back forth to the present. The haircuts and appearances are the main thing to spot, to tell apart the times. The last series did not bother with past and present captions. Not until a few episodes in, when they realised the viewers were getting confused.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the imposter is the other missing girl who has assumed the daughters identity.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Keeley has been great in everything I've seen her in.

I took a while to like her in Ashes to Ashes, but then the character was so jarring at first. I loved her in Line of Duty more recently.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    This non stop time shift is done for effect....somehow writers think it makes the story more important nteresting if they keep the viewer confused.....yes some viewers think story is better because they cant understand.

In a nutshell. Alice arrived back in 2014. She died sometime after 2014.

In present day Julien is in Iraq looking for the black soldier who is connected in some way.

In 2014 Alice brother was not on drugs. After her death hegot hooked.

Mum and dad still living together. Dad started shagging the sgt before or soon after she got involved in the case of Alice when she returned. When Julien visited the camp in Germany sgt was 7 months preggers.

Rest is padding. For eg the chase in the Iraqi street.

She died in 2014 according to the tombstone, not sometime after.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »

Jeeze

Still 7 episodes to go. Why do people want answers so quickly? There are certainly some unexplained aspects so far but I didn't find it that confusing.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bebo83 wrote: »
    To those who are confused. They start with the abduction then 2014 and then go back forth to the present. The haircuts and appearances are the main thing to spot to tell apart the times. The last series did not bother with past and future captions. Not until a few episodes in, when they realised the viewer were getting confused.

It was a bit confusing when the soldier was 8 months pregnant then she was only 2 months pregnant and had a photo of her baby scan on her fridge and was deciding whether to tell David Morrissey.