recommend Ink Jet all in one please ?

2»

Comments

• noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    I got 25 ink cartridges off ebay for £9.99 delivered to my door...39p each and they last just fine. We use a mono laser printer for documents but with young grandchildren who like to print off all sorts of stuff...39p a pop is a no brainer plus the wife and I like to print pictures of the kiddies off to be framed and hung on the wall.

I get 15 for £20 for my printer from the ink Squid, that is three sets, i have found cheaper on ebay, 3 sets for a tenner, but not sure what the quality would be like and to be honest I have been using Ink squid for years and have ordered the ink for other people and as yet have only had one problem and that was sorted pretty quickly.
    The quality is great, even printing A4 photos on matt photo paper. I never tried glossy as i do not like glossy as people will know when they visit my house and see all my wood word done in matt and not gloss paint.

What model Epson have you got? The older ones was fine ink wise, my brother also have an older Epson, which he used to use for printing on CD and still does i think and the ink last for ages on that as they are large tanks, but on his newer printer it seems to go empty pretty quick and the printer also spends a lot of time cleaning the heads, I thought mine was bad enough.

I used to like Epson printers, the last one I had was a Stylus 400, it was built like a tank, was a good workhorse and cheap to run, quality was great. When I came to replace it because it stop feeding the paper correctly and all the mucking around with it, taking it apart and cleaning did not solve the problem, I looked at other Epson and found they was made from thin plastic, the paper trays look like a sheet of people would break them, i know it would not, but they looked like it. so I got myself a Lexmark.
    Nice printer, again built like a tank, quality was amazing, but so expensive to run, so only kept it for 12 months and got myself a canon and that was it, i have had canons ever since.
    the only time i may change is if this one goes belly up and canon stop producing stand alone printers, as far as i can see mine is the only one they do now for home users, all the others have built in scanners.

The same with Epson, all got built in scanners and so many features that I will never use, I do not even use the wi-fi on my printer, i tried it out from the phone and it works ok, but I do not take photos with my phone normally.

My brothers newer Epson is ok, it prints well, quality is fine, the build looks ok these days, but I think the lid of the scanner is a bit thin, the only problem I had was when I updated his computer from windows 7 to 10, it did not pick up the printer and it took some fiddling around to get it going and yet his laptop which already had windows 10 picked it up fine. Just one of those computer things i suppose.