Britney Spears *Appreciation Thread* (Part 2)

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    Same here. I don't download albums.:)

I can't wait for this! I've already got great stuff from Adele and Radiohead, Britney, GaGa and U2 are on the way.:D

Oh yeah. :) I forgot she was releasing her album this year. I don't know whether to pre-order it or wait until it's on spotify, listen to it and decide whether I like it before buying it. Not that keen on Born This Way...
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Oh yeah. :) I forgot she was releasing her album this year. I don't know whether to pre-order it or wait until it's on spotify, listen to it and decide whether I like it before buying it. Not that keen on Born This Way...

I got to like BTW the song, but the video totally turned me off.:(
    But Judas, Government Hooker and Sheibe look to be great.:cool:
    Forum Member
    I got to like BTW the song, but the video totally turned me off.:(
    But Judas, Government Hooker and Sheibe look to be great.:cool:

I haven't heard any of her other music from born this way. I don't like the born this way video either. If I'm honest I prefered GaGa when she was singing about being rich

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaga gives me a strange vibe! i mean i openly stated i was fed up with her and The Fame i have completely gone off bar 5 songs i can listen to without it being annoying and NOW Born This Way is a fun little anthem song with a god awful video!

Judas sounds like it'll be solid pretty much! but i don't know! should i risk it or not??? May order closer to the date when a few leaks are about or whatever! to get more of a vibe from what direction she's going in!

but she takes herself WAY to seriously it's cringey!

Britney's vibe however is very forward thinking, the sounds haven't been mastered the way they have before by other aritsts, it's Electro Pop but it's Punky and Synthy and Dub Steppy and Housey too! her vocals are more richer with great effects thus far on the songs! i am intrigued most about Femme Fatale than any other album (well Naked And Famous and Jamie Woon too but in another way!) because we don't know the songs in entirety as an album and how it'll measure up etc. it's really exciting!
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listening to the circus album, and thought the shattered glass chorus sounded a little bit like hold it against me chorus, not exactly the same but sounds similar. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jodiemg :) wrote: »
    Just listening to the circus album, and thought the shattered glass chorus sounded a little bit like hold it against me chorus, not exactly the same but sounds similar. :)

yeah i had that thought too! Freakshow and Shattered Glass have some Dub Step influences too!

Circus does have some crackin' tunes but damn as an album i found it her weakest! not one of them managed to flow into the next! her ballads weren't solid enough and were practically minimal of emotion! My Baby and Out From Under were too soft for me!

Shattered glass, Unusual You, Circus, Blur and Mannequin are the best ones. And the bonus tracks Phonography, Rock Me In and Amnesia were good too!

but Femme Fatale already shows that as an album it'll be just so :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite of the previews were I Wanna Go and Criminal! I Cant wait to get the album!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah i had that thought too! Freakshow and Shattered Glass have some Dub Step influences too!

Circus does have some crackin' tunes but damn as an album i found it her weakest! not one of them managed to flow into the next! her ballads weren't solid enough and were practically minimal of emotion! My Baby and Out From Under were too soft for me!

Shattered glass, Unusual You, Circus, Blur and Mannequin are the best ones. And the bonus tracks Phonography, Rock Me In and Amnesia were good too!

but Femme Fatale already shows that as an album it'll be just so :cool:

I LOVE out from under :D
    i have circus, blackout, baby one more time on my itunes but only on my computer, but just bought ALL of her albums today off amazon!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my art project got really delayed but i'm finally starting it now! this is the pic im drawing i think http://www.gobritney.com/album1253/britney-spears-1253-28985.html :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jodiemg :) wrote: »
    I LOVE out from under :D
    i have circus, blackout, baby one more time on my itunes but only on my computer, but just bought ALL of her albums today off amazon!! :D:D

I only have The Singles Collection so I am going to buy Femme Fatale deluxe and a Blackout/Circus 2-cd:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    I only have The Singles Collection so I am going to buy Femme Fatale deluxe and a Blackout/Circus 2-cd:)

yes i bought the 2cd set, along with the others :)
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Seal it with a Kiss has a major dubstep break the guy from Rollingstone called it very avant guarde and the whole album has a French Filter House feel to it.

I couldn't be more excited right now, just wish March would speed up a bit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Seal it with a Kiss has a major dubstep break the guy from Rollingstone called it very avant guarde and the whole album has a French Filter House feel to it.

I couldn't be more excited right now, just wish March would speed up a bit!

WOOOOOOO!!!

EXCITED MORE NOW :cool:
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    does anyone know if The Sun got the Exclusive Review ? i dont think they have :D Gordon Smarts a Knob anyway :p
    Forum Member
    Im getting really Frustrated now :mad: Where the hell is some Promo for the UK i mean there has been no announcements at all yet, every bit of promo so far has been in the U.S i mean not even a radio interview with Radio 1 yet :( she can easily call from L.A. I just think its her team they are so lazy they rely on us fans to sell the album and singles :rolleyes: theres only so much us fans can do.

Does anyone know how long there was to go when her x-factor performance was announced im not sure if it was month before or just a few weeks.
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Im getting really Frustrated now :mad: Where the hell is some Promo for the UK i mean there has been no announcements at all yet, every bit of promo so far has been in the U.S i mean not even a radio interview with Radio 1 yet :( she can easily call from L.A. I just think its her team they are so lazy they rely on us fans to sell the album and singles :rolleyes: theres only so much us fans can do.

Does anyone know how long there was to go when her x-factor performance was announced im not sure if it was month before or just a few weeks.

It does seem to be the way, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

It's not even like she'd be paying for the phonecall, her management would be. It doesn't take a lot to make one phone call.

Ideally I'd like some proper UK promotion i.e she comes over here and does some interviews & appearances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oohh i just watched HIAM video..ooohh Its good :)
    Forum Member
    Its just Lazy of her Team its not Britney.

Britney should of left them a long time ago, and set up her own Record Label which she originally wanted to do after In The zone.

Shes capable of Producing a Wicked album on her own and her own choice of Writers and Producers you just have to Listen to 'The Original Doll' album even though it was never released the Leaked songs were fantastic and totally the Britney she wanted us to all see with Let Go, Mona Lisa. Then there was Blackout which she worked on herself she chose the direction of the album and Producers for that, She Brought Danja into the mainstream yeah she took a risk with him but it worked, Blackout is her best work yet.
    Forum Member
    Do you think she'll ever release any of Original Doll's material? Perhaps adding some of the tracks to later albums?...
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Its just Lazy of her Team its not Britney.

Britney should of left them a long time ago, and set up her own Record Label which she originally wanted to do after In The zone.

Shes capable of Producing a Wicked album on her own and her own choice of Writers and Producers you just have to Listen to 'The Original Doll' album even though it was never released the Leaked songs were fantastic and totally the Britney she wanted us to all see with Let Go, Mona Lisa. Then there was Blackout which she worked on herself she chose the direction of the album and Producers for that, She Brought Danja into the mainstream yeah she took a risk with him but it worked, Blackout is her best work yet.

I agree. She was really going places creatively, growing as an artist.:(

As for Promo, we have this convo. every day, it'll be alright!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RollingStone reviewer confirmed that out of the 35 people who have writing credits for FF, Britney isn't one of them...kinda bums me out, but oh well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she's keeping them employed. Where would they be if NO ONE used songwriters? Britney's job is singing & dancing & theirs is songwriting & producing.

I'm not too bothered about that part to be honest with you! I'm just looking forward to this album, it will be solid. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other great news it looks like TTWE is peaking onUK itunes and is about to start its fall. I don't get why radio isn't playing it, Britney situation is dire in the UK and she needs to do something about it soon!
    Forum Member
    In other great news it looks like TTWE is peaking onUK itunes and is about to start its fall. I don't get why radio isn't playing it, Britney situation is dire in the UK and she needs to do something about it soon!

I'm beginning to wonder if her team even care about her UK fanbase...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG! I didn't realise it HASN'T been playlisted on radio 1? What about Capital FM? I can't see it on their playlist either!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.