Smokin` Hot Aliona!

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Just read somewhere Harry and Aliona will dance with the Olympic flame in Blackpool Ballroom on Friday.

That would be incredible! Anyone heard anything about this?

more info here

http://www.visitblackpool.com/home/latest-news/2012/6/20/watch-mcfly-s-harry-judd-dancing-with-the-olympic-torch-in-the-blackpool-tower-ballroom-for-free-a1198
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »

Envious of those who can go. Should be great to see them dancing again. Happy memories of last series :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Envious of those who can go. Should be great to see them dancing again. Happy memories of last series :)

totally envious!! If I had know before today that it was happening I could have got the day off work and would have gone but never mind
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the title of this thread, I hope Aliona doesn't go for anything too risky with the choreography.

Hope ts not just dancing around holding the torch though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hehe, I was thinking exactly the same thing - especially as the article says they are doing a dance WITH the torch.......
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why they could not leave it running on the online pictures. The BBC Torchcam site ended when they arrived outside but the text suggested they might be going to carry the dance. The LONDON2012 site cut to the BBC North West (presumably) presenters inside then cut vision as Harry and Aliona were about to appear but kept the sound running. Complete lunacy!
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I can't understand why they could not leave it running on the online pictures. The BBC Torchcam site ended when they arrived outside but the text suggested they might be going to carry the dance. The LONDON2012 site cut to the BBC North West (presumably) presenters inside then cut vision as Harry and Aliona were about to appear but kept the sound running. Complete lunacy!

I wish they had done that but they didn't which really annoyed me.

From Hayley
  • dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

I copied if from the VT on my pc with my iphone and its a bit grainy! They danced to we are the champions and then lit the cauldron! I will send it to you Olive once I work out how to upload again from the iphone!
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dancing-girl thank you so much for getting the video clip even though it may be grainy so what - at least we get to see Team Hali dance again.

From Hayley
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure the clip will appear on the BBC News site and also might be in the highlights on LONDON2012 but they could have easily have shown it live online.
  • dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Just found this, its better clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnH8kuUO6o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great Queen fan to be honest, but an apt choice of song.

Great to see them dance together again.

Now we can look forward to Aliona becoming champion again at xmas:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all

Just found this, its better clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnH8kuUO6o

Thanks dancing-girl, good to see them doing that event.

Looked like they were a bit short of rehearsal time as it looked like Harry lost the link with the new music part way through, but they did well to cover it up and complete the dance. Nice for them to be given the honour and to hear that Harry will be supporting Aliona next series.

I had hoped it might be a fire version of the water dance and we could see what Aliona could do with fire and a decent budget. I'm sure she could invent something which would work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Thanks dancing-girl, good to see them doing that event.

Looked like they were a bit short of rehearsal time as it looked like Harry lost the link with the new music part way through, but they did well to cover it up and complete the dance. Nice for them to be given the honour and to hear that Harry will be supporting Aliona next series.

I had hoped it might be a fire version of the water dance and we could see what Aliona could do with fire and a decent budget. I'm sure she could invent something which would work.

It is quite possible they were short of rehearsal, the outdoor event was moved into the Tower Ballroom during the day so they might have had to drop some rehearsals there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes lundavra, they may even have had to shorten the dance at the last moment as you can hear someone saying on the video how much time was left on the broadcast.
    There was a completely different schedule originally which was changed due to the weather.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I am sure the clip will appear on the BBC News site and also might be in the highlights on LONDON2012 but they could have easily have shown it live online.

here you go

http://youtu.be/idnj-mA0cB0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all

I copied if from the VT on my pc with my iphone and its a bit grainy! They danced to we are the champions and then lit the cauldron! I will send it to you Olive once I work out how to upload again from the iphone!

thank you :)

I dont really understand why the live Olypmic Torch feed was cut the second the flame went inside the Tower but at least we got to see their dance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, third post in a row....

Aliona & Harry interview

http://youtu.be/mORluFO1OHA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont really understand why the live Olypmic Torch feed was cut the second the flame went inside the Tower but at least we got to see their dance

They do that every/most(?) night(s) even though the local BBC region usually have an OB set up inside but that is not easily accessed online if at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have had the Metropolitan Police Torch Security Team dancing in formation with them. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, third post in a row....

Aliona & Harry interview

http://youtu.be/mORluFO1OHA

Thanks for that. Hadn't seen it before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    another little interview here

http://youtu.be/De3tDsx9KNk
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member

Rather late answer to this now but the camera filming the torch feed for the websites (BBC or London2012) is a static camera fixed to the lorry that proceeds the flame in the relay (therefore by definition the relay always finishes the live feed when the flame reaches its final destination each night (as these are usually places where the filming vehicle does not go).
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

I saw the JEdward brothers, each keeping one hand on the Olympic torch, amble down O'Connell Street the tree-lined boulevard in Dublin leading to the Liffey River, the aortic artery of Dublin. As they arrived at the head of a convoy, Áine (Awnya, "fire, joy, ardent") an 11-year-old girl with fuzzy ginger hair and pale complexion dressed all in white took over the torch. The public snapped away with a hundred cameras. The occasion made Áine a rockstar. All knew it would be their one and only connection in the flesh with the Olympics.

Back in Blackpool the Tower Ballroom is on the 4th floor reached by lift.

It would have been anticlimactic. 2000-year-old flame from Mount Olympus enters the lift. Lift door closes. Aliona presses the button. Lift ascends slowly in silence.....

Cameraman to Harry: "Ahem, do you come here often?"
    ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Rather late answer to this now but the camera filming the torch feed for the websites (BBC or London2012) is a static camera fixed to the lorry that proceeds the flame in the relay (therefore by definition the relay always finishes the live feed when the flame reaches its final destination each night (as these are usually places where the filming vehicle does not go).

But the BBC usually have an OB at the final destination. They managed to switch this onto the LONDON2012 feed for Blackpool, so no reason why they could not have done the same for the BBC torchcam page, but they could the vision on the LONDON2012 page as they entered the ballroom leaving just sound running.

The Media Vehicle (horse box) has a remotely operated camera at the rear inside the vehicle which can be panned around. There is also another on the roof and I think possibly some fixed ones around the vehicle. There is what seems to be a full broadcast quality camera at the rear of the vehicle but that is not always in use. There must be one at the front also though probably looking through the windscreen.

I took a few pictures of them the other week.