The abuse Tamera is getting

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word "superior" has several different meanings dependent on context. From your post, it was clear that you'd taken me to mean one thing, when that was not what I'd intended - obviously a weakness of my writing - so I was clarifying.

I remember my maths teachers using the word obtuse, but no one else - I didn't go to grammar school though and "The Comp" was untroubled by linguistic nuance.

Obtuse (not so many would realise it's meaning) can be quite insulting, implying a lack of speed in the thought process, but is often aimed at those that should understand the word. It therefore implies that the recipient of the insult must be intelligent. So I will take it as a compliment!
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangermick wrote: »
    Obtuse (not so many would realise it's meaning) can be quite insulting, implying a lack of speed in the thought process, but is often aimed at those that should understand the word. It therefore implies that the recipient of the insult must be intelligent. So I will take it as a compliment!

I assume everybody I talk to on boards is intelligent and possessed either of a reasonable vocabulary or the wit to use Google*. I didn't think for a second you wouldn't understand the word "obtuse" and I was right :)

*Other search providers are available, kids; they're just not as good.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pfrancis wrote: »
    My little experiment worked.We had a little discussion about tamera at work and some agreed with what I said and some didn't so I said I'd put up a thread in relation to our discussion and you'll see people almost justifying her treatment (reading between the lines of course).
    Comments stating that other contestants get more abuse than her baffles and disturbs me .Does that somehow make it right? I know then let's bully tamera some more to bring her to that same level shall we?

Perhaps if you linked to where she's being bullied/abused you'd have a point. However, you haven't. My point was that I've seen worse things said about others, comments that *do* cross the line into abuse, and you're just choosing to be reductive.

Abuse of *any* contestant is unnecessary. I have seen criticism of Tamera, I haven't seen abuse. Maybe I haven't see the threads. Please do demonstrate where she has been abused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but she's not getting any more 'abuse' than the rest of the contestants are, and I haven't actually seen any personally. Stating why you don't like her, or why you won't support her is not abuse in any sense of the word.

As for the people who were gloating about her being in the bottom two, I took that to be directed at the fans more than at herself. You know, those fans who said Tamera would fly straight to the final and win it hands down.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, not another Tamera bleeding heart thread. :rolleyes:

'You WILL like her! You WILL let her off everything she does! You WILL worship her as I do!'

No we won't!

You definitely do, Roly!! :D
    The love and passion you have for her is amazing - every Tamera thread is filled with your 100% support (even if it's 1 vote!!) for her and keep your status as Tamera's No.1 fan :)
    BTW Always look forward to your posts
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do not give damn about Tamara's past, she is soooo, so young, we all make ,
    Mistakes, we all do stuff that we would regret. Whatever, she is a star, has great potential and let's go over it, please.

I can't bare this part of xfactor that have to ruin real talent, she deserves her chance. Above the others.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she shouldn't of done it and we wouldn't of judged her. I think I would actually like her if she didn't have all that going on

Let it go.....she is so young, she has done wrong, who cares,. We have all done stuff. Above all she has a great voice....I wish her well, at the age of 16/17 she is stunning.
  • Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't warm to Tamera because she comes across as a tad superior, but also because she is dull and uninteresting. I really couldn't care less if she stole something from Woolworth's or got into a scrap in the playground - she's a child, that's what children do.

You cared enough to take time to read and write about her.

Rihanna gets similar haters posting negative comments. If they do not like her then why do they read about her ? (answer, because they are haters and will die a premature death from being eaten up inside with hate).
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she shouldn't of done it and we wouldn't of judged her. I think I would actually like her if she didn't have all that going on

I don't mean to be a grammar nazi but the word is "have" not "of"
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    I don't mean to be a grammar nazi but the word is "have" not "of"

This one drives me bananas :o
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all fairness, it isn't like it's random.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I hate it when people jump on and say *thats what all children do* what all children steal and go out with 20 odd year old men because I dont think Nicholas steals or bullys people the way she has. no matter how much you put up these silly little threads if anything it makes us dislike her less! I have seen the abuse hanna and abi get on these forums and there not much older and no one bats a eyelid hannah gets SLATED for her weight and looks and shes a gd singer and hannah who is roughly got the same background has not had the paer saying shes stolen or been carrying on with 20 year old men. Yes before people start going *everyone makes mistakes* yes we all do but she doesnt seem remotely sorry. but hey I must know different children to you guys.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Perhaps if you linked to where she's being bullied/abused you'd have a point. However, you haven't. My point was that I've seen worse things said about others, comments that *do* cross the line into abuse, and you're just choosing to be reductive.

Abuse of *any* contestant is unnecessary. I have seen criticism of Tamera, I haven't seen abuse. Maybe I haven't see the threads. Please do demonstrate where she has been abused.

To be honest there have been so many it would take anyone all day. There are some on here that seem to take delight at throwing abuse about for no good reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    You definitely do, Roly!! :D
    The love and passion you have for her is amazing - every Tamera thread is filled with your 100% support (even if it's 1 vote!!) for her and keep your status as Tamera's No.1 fan :)
    BTW Always look forward to your posts

He is amusing in a funny sort of way.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a slightly dubious past (even at 16) and continue to make mistakes that may be troublesome you have to look at whether it's a good idea to enter a long established television show where everything you or your family have ever done will be scrutinised with a fine tooth comb by the press.
    If you think you're going to get some flak (and not a night out with Caroline!) it's possibly better to not go along to the audition. It's pretty obvious, even for a tiny winey teensy weensy little16 year old.
    (She's only 16 you know!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That does not give people the right to abuse someone that they dont even know.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not but it's what always happens.
    So yet again, if you've had problems in the past you know people are going to find out and you will get abuse for it.

X Factor contestants don't deserve any sympathy as the show has been running long enough for them to realise what's likely to happen but it doesn't seem to stop the fame hungry desperado's from applying.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest there have been so many it would take anyone all day. There are some on here that seem to take delight at throwing abuse about for no good reason.

So show us an example. You say there are 'so many', but nobody asked you to show us them all, just one or two, if there are that many it should be easy. I haven't seen any abuse of her. I must be going on the wrong threads.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So If I know someone I can batter them? But If I don't....I cant?