Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope shane got the chance to do a second album and contain a current, trendy, pop songs in it.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opening with Garth Brooks is kinda a big deal. If he impressed enough people, it would increase his album sales. Plus if Garth is impressed enough, maybe he can open more doors for Shane in the future ;)
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    Opening with Garth Brooks is kinda a big deal. If he impressed enough people, it would increase his album sales. Plus if Garth is impressed enough, maybe he can open more doors for Shane in the future ;)

Yeah, I also think it is a big deal and this can only be good for his solo career. I think I read somewhere that Brooks was impressed with Westlife's cover of The Dance, maybe that is one of the reason why he chose Shane for his opening act.

Also, his Asia promo must have helped because Shane tweeted his album is currently no.1 in Hong Kong and Philippines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Yeah, I also think it is a big deal and this can only be good for his solo career. I think I read somewhere that Brooks was impressed with Westlife's cover of The Dance, maybe that is one of the reason why he chose Shane for his opening act.

Also, his Asia promo must have helped because Shane tweeted his album is currently no.1 in Hong Kong and Philippines.

i hope he performed very well in that concert, croke part is not that different for him, but the challenge now , he is doing it alone..

all the best shane!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He confirmed he now has 50 dates altogether on the upcoming tour. Considering everything, his tour is very successful, he actually has a decent solo career, no one can deny that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He confirmed he now has 50 dates altogether on the upcoming tour. Considering everything, his tour is very successful, he actually has a decent solo career, no one can deny that.

he has :) congrats,

is he still going to release another single?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    he has :) congrats,

is he still going to release another single?

I doubt it. I presume he will be working on a new album once he finishes the tour or he will be recording it during the tour. Plus, he has to work on the autobiography.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His sales in the UK aren't enough for a second album but perhaps the Asia and international success might help in his favour and allow another album to produced on a different sub-label.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i believe shane has always reserved ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW to be released, i hope it would still push through..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I'd love if he did a sexy photo shoot! I wonder if he was single and did a few sexier videos would it work? As in if he'd hadn't gotten married so young and had kids. But he in his 30s now. Prob not as sexy to the teens as 1d or Biebs. I think he is so hot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garth Brooks concerts at Croke Park are canceled.

I feel sorry for Shane, it was his dream to open for him, not to mention it was a great opportunity for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garth Brooks concerts at Croke Park are canceled.

I feel sorry for Shane, it was his dream to open for him, not to mention it was a great opportunity for him.

sad, what is the reason of the cancellation? is it low ticket sales?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sad, what is the reason of the cancellation? is it low ticket sales?

Actually no, the tickets were sold out already in February. The thing is, Brooks wanted 5 concerts, but he was allowed to do only 3. So then he said he will do all or nothing. You can read about it all here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0708/629316-garth-brooks-concerts/

However, I just read that the meeting will be held today to try and resolve the issues:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0710/629717-garth-brooks/

Fingers crossed it will get resolved - it would be a shame for Ireland not to have those concerts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here is the article on Shane - he is talking bout 2nd album:

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/151248/shane-filan-one-year-after-going-solo

It will be nice if he truly is planning on releasing it in the 1st quarter of 2015. And most importantly, he wants to do more powerful ballads, thats a great move. I think he will release a more current pop album, mellow vibe he had on the debut is not very popular these days.

Plus, his autobiography will be released on 9th October.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here is the article on Shane - he is talking bout 2nd album:

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/151248/shane-filan-one-year-after-going-solo

It will be nice if he truly is planning on releasing it in the 1st quarter of 2015. And most importantly, he wants to do more powerful ballads, thats a great move. I think he will release a more current pop album, mellow vibe he had on the debut is not very popular these days.

Plus, his autobiography will be released on 9th October.

wow the article is from my country, so there is a second album great that he wants a ballad where he is the best at, i hope he also makes pop upbeat songs

any latest news about him?

i thought there are more singles to be released form you and me album
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a little info from a music site I follow on Twitter:

#ShaneFilan will begin working on his second solo album next month. It's expected to be released in the Autumn.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yah thats great. Sales wern't great in the UK but i guess international combined must have been enough for the label. My personal belief is he should do a covers album, get a fanbase and then do some more original stuff or combine the two like Michael Buble does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yah thats great. Sales wern't great in the UK but i guess international combined must have been enough for the label. My personal belief is he should do a covers album, get a fanbase and then do some more original stuff or combine the two like Michael Buble does.

I highly doubt a cover album would do him any good - I mean, Westlife's career got very damaged because Syco forced them to release so many covers as singles, they lost a lot of credibility along the way. If Shane releases a cover album, the media and the public would slate him for being lazy and unoriginal. I'd rather have him making original co-written albums than covers - it is not all in the sales. Westlife's The Love Album may have sold massively but it harmed them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him to do a power ballad song as his first single on the next album to take advantage on what he does best, to be followed by a trendy upbeat pop song to showcase his flexibility and versatility
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stumbled upon on this news. Apparently Shane now has a record deal with Warner Bros.

Here is Walsh confirming it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugemo8Wz0iI

I hope the 2nd album will be more successful than the last, he just needs to up his game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally some news on Shane, from his Twitter:

Excited to be doing a one off TV special "Pat Kenny In The Round"
    Recording in the Mansion House Dublin Tuesday 26th may ....

From what I gathered on the internet, this is an Irish talk show - curious whether Shane will be a musical guest or will he be interviewed by Pat.

Also, he signed to Warner for sure - on his website when you want to sign to his mailing list, it is stated at the bottom: your data will be held in accordance with Warner Music's privacy policy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally some news on Shane, from his Twitter:

Excited to be doing a one off TV special "Pat Kenny In The Round"
    Recording in the Mansion House Dublin Tuesday 26th may ....

From what I gathered on the internet, this is an Irish talk show - curious whether Shane will be a musical guest or will he be interviewed by Pat.

Also, he signed to Warner for sure - on his website when you want to sign to his mailing list, it is stated at the bottom: your data will be held in accordance with Warner Music's privacy policy.

so do you think, he is in good hands with Warner? Is Warner a better label than his previous one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warner Bros have worked or works with artists like Adam Lambert, Cher, Eric Clapton, Green Day, Josh Groban, Lily Allen, Linkiln Park, Metallica, Michael Buble, Muse, Seal, Red Hot Chili Peppers....

So I guess they are good, but whether they are better than Capitol, I don't know. I mean, its is not like Capitol Records mistreated him, they were fine, its just that his album was too safe and he didn't have a great opportunity for promoting the album. Everyone will struggle as long as A list radio stations like Radio 1 don't support you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warner Bros have worked or works with artists like Adam Lambert, Cher, Eric Clapton, Green Day, Josh Groban, Lily Allen, Linkiln Park, Metallica, Michael Buble, Muse, Seal, Red Hot Chili Peppers....

So I guess they are good, but whether they are better than Capitol, I don't know. I mean, its is not like Capitol Records mistreated him, they were fine, its just that his album was too safe and he didn't have a great opportunity for promoting the album. Everyone will struggle as long as A list radio stations like Radio 1 don't support you.

I see, so A list radio stations like Radio 1 is the key, that is a different culture here in my country, as radio plays a very big role in a single or album success.

Anyway, is there anyway that Radio 1 supports Shane or anyone from westlife? I mean will there be anyone who has a strong connection from the Radio to front Shane? I hope there is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see, so A list radio stations like Radio 1 is the key, that is a different culture here in my country, as radio plays a very big role in a single or album success.

Anyway, is there anyway that Radio 1 supports Shane or anyone from westlife? I mean will there be anyone who has a strong connection from the Radio to front Shane? I hope there is

I think radio plays also a big role in the UK BUT it is important which radio stations do support you - having support from Radio 2 doesn't mean a lot.

I doubt Radio 1 will ever support a Westlife member as they never supported Westlife either... I mean, think about it just from Mark's situation: his song was very modern and contemporary and yet they still ignored the song. Had Sam Smith released it, they would have played it 24/7. That is a sad truth I am afraid...