Options

frozen lager

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If i put a can of carling in the freezer wil it freeze and then iv got one of those frozen things you can suck? I mean like one of those orange jublees?

Comments

• Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i put a can of carling in the freezer wil it freeze and then iv got one of those frozen things you can suck?

....frozen what? :o
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll probably have a burst can when the lager expands.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you imagine you'll get it out of the can?

Pour it in a freezer bag or some ice lolly moulds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    How do you imagine you'll get it out of the can?

Pour it in a freezer bag or some ice lolly moulds.

Thats a good idea. Lager lollies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lagers a funny sort of thing, takes ages to freeze, what I do with bottled beer is stick it in the freezer for about 30mins - 1hr, once you take it out it doesn't look frozen, its still in liquid form, but once you pop the lid its starts to freeze once air hits it and you've got a lager slush puppy, be warned though the freezing process pushes it out the top so get ready to suck.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember Ace Lager?
    That was a draft lager and came out with ice crystals in it. I think it was called Ace.

There was also this
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1521913/Would-you-like-ice-with-your-lager-The-beer-that-is-served-at-2.5C.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lagers a funny sort of thing, takes ages to freeze, what I do with bottled beer is stick it in the freezer for about 30mins - 1hr, once you take it out it doesn't look frozen, its still in liquid form, but once you pop the lid its starts to freeze once air hits it and you've got a lager slush puppy, be warned though the freezing process pushes it out the top so get ready to suck.
    Ta very much. 1 2 3 and SUCK!!!!!
  • Options
    dyslexic nickdyslexic nick Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I am not sure it would work. Lager whilst bland and tasteless is still about 93 percent water and that portion will freeze at about 0 degrees C ( yes impurities mean it is not exact. However, the alcohol does not freeze until about -114 degrees C. The home freezer will only get down to about - 20 to - 30 C so the alcohol part is not part of your ice lolly but the cold slush that is not frozen.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's likely to be flat when you defrost it.
    I tend to forget a tin now and again.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    used to be you could buy frozen concentrated orange juice juice at local supermarkets but the point was defrost then add water ...... these were very good but vanished when privateers decided they could make huge profits by flogging off the the already re diluted stuff in cartons .......
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as pointed out ethyl alcohol has lower freezing point than water. thats why it is used for antifreeze in car radiators. there was also a scandal few years back with some crooks adding poisonous methanol to cheap wines ......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    The next person to say they've left a can of lager in the freezer for too long gets alerted for wasting good lager!
    I've put a few tinnies in the freezer myself (it does say SERVE CHILLED on the tin so it's a valid reason)... Yeah, OP, thanks for the idea, I'll go and put a 330ml can of Heineken in th freezer now.:D:D:D

Never mind Facebook, games, TV, film being a bad influence, you can get just as bad influences on here (guilty as charged bit Crazychris does it)
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My advice is to throw it in the bin and get yourself some decent ale to drink instead. Why people still drink that tasteless fizzy pop when there is such a great range of beers on the market is beyond me?
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because ale is like drinking sock water perhaps
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    few years ago on news years eve someone I knew once put a few cans of lager in the freezer as he had forgotten to chill them before he went out first footing , given it was new year he was a bit on the tipsy side and forgot about them

few hours later he remembered where he had put them and they had basically frozen solid, he decided to use the microwave to defrost them so he could drink them , fortunately he wasn't that drunk that he realised he couldn't put the tin itself in the microwave so he got a tin opener, managed to get the frozen beer out of the tin and put it in a bowl then into the microwave to defrost

don't think it tasted particularly good
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    The next person to say they've left a can of lager in the freezer for too long gets alerted for wasting good lager!

Isn't that an oxymoron?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    few years ago on news years eve someone I knew once put a few cans of lager in the freezer as he had forgotten to chill them before he went out first footing , given it was new year he was a bit on the tipsy side and forgot about them

few hours later he remembered where he had put them and they had basically frozen solid, he decided to use the microwave to defrost them so he could drink them , fortunately he wasn't that drunk that he realised he couldn't put the tin itself in the microwave so he got a tin opener, managed to get the frozen beer out of the tin and put it in a bowl then into the microwave to defrost

don't think it tasted particularly good

I warned about posters saying they wasted good lager...>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The FBI wrote: »
    Because ale is like drinking sock water perhaps

OI!!!! I hope you're not slagging TROOPER off!!!>:(>:(
  • Options
    mooblymoobly Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    OI!!!! I hope you're not slagging TROOPER off!!!>:(>:(

Love a bit of Trooper! Eddie's finest....
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Isn't that an oxymoron?

Not at all. There are some great lagers out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DadDancer wrote: »
    My advice is to throw it in the bin and get yourself some decent ale to drink instead. Why people still drink that tasteless fizzy pop when there is such a great range of beers on the market is beyond me?

You're drinking the wrong lager if you think it's tasteless fizzy pop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    You'll probably have a burst can when the lager expands.
    We know its not rocket science, but not the OP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not at all. There are some great lagers out there.

^^^^^^^
    CARLSBERG SPECIAL BREW and KRONENBOURG 1664!!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will taste disgusting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^^^^^^
    CARLSBERG SPECIAL BREW and KRONENBOURG 1664!!!

Yes, those were the two I was thinking of.