Options

WHATM The Scottish Referendum Live

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WHATM = What Is Happening At The Moment

Surprised not to see one, but I think its worth doing such a post, for the next 36 hours or so, mainly about the tv coverage I guess.

I am not going to cover it all myself (infact will be a bit busy, so folks, please update any interesting stuff

ALex Salmond will be on in a minute for his Final Speech, his Deputy is just wrapping up,

She ends with... "Lets Go Out Tomorrow, and Make This Happen"... and bigging up Alex...

Comments

• Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get the result at 7am Friday, no exit polls or results by area, so what's the point staying up? Might as well have an early night and get up at 6am.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is whatm?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People seem to be so desperate to start a thread now they are getting silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is whatm?

Edited my op
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edited my op

oh thank you but shouldn't it be, WIHATM What Is Happening At The Moment

What
    Is
    Happening
    At
    The
    Moment
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    What does WHATM mean? :confused:

And who's making the banana bread? :D
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get the result at 7am Friday, no exit polls or results by area, so what's the point staying up? Might as well have an early night and get up at 6am.

You sure about that? I heard the first result declarations were due in about 2am?
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHATM ?........what does it mean ?

:confused::p

get the hobnobs out and sharpen your wits..........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that the final result will be known by 7.00 AM estimated.....

But results will come in through the night

The Beeb were going through all their election night machinery showing blues and reds going towards the winning line........what would be the point of that if we were just going to get a 'final result' and nothing beforehand !
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    My understanding is that the final result will be known by 7.00 AM estimated.....

But results will come in through the night

The Beeb were going through all their election night machinery showing blues and reds going towards the winning line........what would be the point of that if we were just going to get a 'final result' and nothing beforehand !

The area will come in from 2am and the last to declare are Glasgow and Edinburgh, so if they swing is big one way it could be known well before 7 but as these are the biggest areas they could swing the result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be tempting to stay up for the first results but I think I'll go to bed and get up early........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory Bremner passionately saying no to Vivienne Westwoods indignant yes on Ch4 debate show right now

Rory going purple with passion.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory Bremner passionately saying no to Vivienne Westwoods indignant yes on Ch4 debate show right now

Rory going purple with passion.

I don't think she really cares. She's just using this to get a few column inches.

EDIT: Aren't all celebs part of the elite?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivienne Westwood just said something about the English having stuff up their, ahem, bottom

Haha, was funny, and made no sense

Now Rab C Nesbitts wife (Mary ?) is saying vote yes

As is Hannibal Lecter

quite a lively, bizarre debate.
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a little sad but looking forward to see how the break down of areas and how they swing tomorrow night goes.

I think Glasgow will vote for independence
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    WHATM ?........what does it mean ?

:confused::p

get the hobnobs out and sharpen your wits..........

I think WHATM is something to do with Big Brother... :blush:

Bitterly divided opposing camps, accusations of lies, bullying & intimidation... yes it's all sounding familiar :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geemonkee wrote: »
    You sure about that? I heard the first result declarations were due in about 2am?

That's what BBC's 'This Week' tweeted, but now other parts of the media are saying that the individual districts will announce their results and not just send them in secret to the woman who announces the whole result at 7am.

For example if Dundee votes yes with a big majority, that's good news for independence supporters, if not then the union supporters should be pleased.

I am not staying up just to listen to a load of experts chatting, if they don't get any results as the night goes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »

Bitterly divided opposing camps, accusations of lies, bullying & intimidation... yes it's all sounding familiar :o

Lol yeah there used to be a thread over on the BB forum when there was live feed where some posters would save the rest of us the trouble of watching 24/7 and post in What's Happening At The Moment.

It was bizarrely handy when bickering over a contentious moment.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »

The housemates yes, but the WHATM threads were actually the friendliest ones for posters in the forum.