Options

Could it be said that Katy Perry is the world's biggest popstar, right now?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think at this very moment, the biggest popstar in the world is probably Justine Timberlake. Big hit album, two successful singles and a tour with Jay-Z coming up. Beyonce will probably challenge for that mantel when she starts her tour and releases her album, because it will most likely be successful.

When is Katy Perry supposed to be releasing her next album?
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not anymore! But she definitely had a time when she was at the top of her game, when she released ET and it was ANOTHER hit really pushed her into the next level.

I'd say yes, Justin Timberlake's comeback has pushed him up there to top spot at the minute, Beyonce not far behind, after the Superbowl and all the snippets she's releasing, she'll be challenging that crown as soon as she releases something.

I must say, I read it in another thread but Beyonce does seem very...corporate these days. /jaded?

I also think Gaga, people do tend to think of her at a similar level to Beyonce. Thats pretty good going, for being the 'newest' of the young crop including Rihanna and KP herself. It really all depends on who's releasing a comeback and how long their song stays around.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I think at this very moment, the biggest popstar in the world is probably Justine Timberlake. Big hit album, two successful singles and a tour with Jay-Z coming up. Beyonce will probably challenge for that mantel when she starts her tour and releases her album, because it will most likely be successful.

When is Katy Perry supposed to be releasing her next album?

True right now he is having a very successful comeback but we'll she how he goes in November and if her can replicate part ones successes :)

As for beyonce touring is her game and where she rakes it in on the music front her last era could be argued was her least successful even though her strongest material so again see how things go but with Beyonce i feel she has reached a plateau and will stay there :)

And Katy is releaing in the summer supposedly so if she follows TD's release schedule new single should drop bu may/june album late august :)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I love Justin, and his new album, but I don't think 20/20 is going to provide him any more big hits - Mirrors is by far the stand out track. It certainly won't have the longevity of Teenage Dream.

Obviously I may be proved wrong :D
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree i think Mirrors is by far the Sexyback of this album i think Strawberry Bubblegum, Don't Hold The Wall, And Let The Groove get in could do well. And i think with people already anticipating part 2 of 20/20 its will probably last into next year but without any further singles post november unless like Td it gets a re-release at the same time.