Flights from Athens, any cheap ones?

BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My nephew is travelling around Europe In August and wants to fly back to the UK from Athens around the 20th. the cost of flights are ridiculous, anyone know of any way to get a cheaper flight?

Comments

• clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    How expensive is ridiculous? Where in the UK does he need to be?
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool ideally, but London at a push. It's seem near impossible to find any flights for less than £275! He thought it would be easy to find something on a budget airline for about £100 seeing as it's only one way he wants!
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Is the 19th too early Aegean have a flight to Manchester for £180 might be worth investigating.
    I found that on skyscanner
  • Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool ideally, but London at a push. It's seem near impossible to find any flights for less than £275! He thought it would be easy to find something on a budget airline for about £100 seeing as it's only one way he wants!

You need to book in advance, the summer period is the most popular and the prices will be sky high.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Is the 19th too early Aegean have a flight to Manchester for £180 might be worth investigating.
    I found that on skyscanner

Thanks, will show him the link.

I told him he's left it pretty late to get bargains, but I think it's a bit of a last minute trip tbh.
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One way is never half the price of a return flight, or anywhere near close usually!
    I've just looked at BA - i got return flights to athens fpr £100 last year, albeit in September. Their single flight is 512 euros, but a return is 450!
    Sp, might be worth looking at return flights, and just not taking the return leg