The Daleks As A Threat

2»

Comments

• Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a proper epic involving 2 or 3 episodes of a true Dalek story.

I too think they could use something a bit shocking to grab peoples attention. Maybe a story where quite early the Daleks exterminate someone the Doctor knows in order to break the "Well none of the main characters will die" cycle.

Then when the audience are surprised to see that go in with another bigger shock and actually use the Daleks to do the unthinkable and kill off his main companion.

That would shock the audience and get that threat back, while also getting the hate going between the Doctor and the Daleks again to top level.

Imagine the emotion if Clara and some of his other regular friends were truly killed off by the Daleks. That would crush the Doctor and would lead to an intense story and following sole searching.

This is the sort of thing they need to do with the Daleks.

Providing it was a decent overall plot, I believe that would be an epic 2 or 3 parter and give the Daleks there evil back and lead to real turmoil for the Doctor for a while to come.

It would really add to the legend IMO
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Steveaki13 wrote: »
    I would like to see a proper epic involving 2 or 3 episodes of a true Dalek story.

I too think they could use something a bit shocking to grab peoples attention. Maybe a story where quite early the Daleks exterminate someone the Doctor knows in order to break the "Well none of the main characters will die" cycle.

Then when the audience are surprised to see that go in with another bigger shock and actually use the Daleks to do the unthinkable and kill off his main companion.

That would shock the audience and get that threat back, while also getting the hate going between the Doctor and the Daleks again to top level.

Imagine the emotion if Clara and some of his other regular friends were truly killed off by the Daleks. That would crush the Doctor and would lead to an intense story and following sole searching.

This is the sort of thing they need to do with the Daleks.

Providing it was a decent overall plot, I believe that would be an epic 2 or 3 parter and give the Daleks there evil back and lead to real turmoil for the Doctor for a while to come.

It would really add to the legend IMO

Well if you want to go for that how about a 2-3 parter where they actually cause The Doctor to regenerate before the end say part 2. and it's up to the next incarnation to finish the job
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Grrrr >:(

Research!

Indeed, shakes head...
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Daleks could fly in the Seventh Doctot story
    A companion needs to die to show that there's a sense of danger and risk
    Classic who is excellent
    Having 4 or more parts aided as you could build up a threat and give more of a sense of danger and urgency for the Doctor to save the day and defeat them, now it's too quick and there's mo danger etc either
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daleks could fly in the Seventh Doctot story

And levitated in a 6th Doctor story and were I believe even seen in a room in a 1st Doctor story that they could only have got into by going up stairs.