The Tassimo Thread

Comments

• UnrealUnreal Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Got a Vivy and I tasted some of the water using the service disc and it tastes odd. Not sure if its just because its water that isn't quite boiled or if it tastes of plastic. Anyone else shed any light?:cry:

Had quite a few kettles in the past that leave a plastic taste in the drink but its hard to tell with the Tassimo with the coffee and chocolate all tasting strong. Don't fancy drinking plastic residue!

I guess I could buy a tea disc but suspect these may be stronger than a tea bag?

Don't fancy shelling out for a hot water disc that I won't use again.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    mrprosser wrote: »
    I got fed up of my Tassimo when they started to bring out pods that didn't fit the original machines, without putting a warning on the packets that they weren't compatible.

They did put labels on to begin with, it had a picture of the Braun machine with the words
    This product is not compatible with the Braun TASSIMO machines featuring the Kenco logo.
    Forum Member
    Unreal wrote: »
    Got a Vivy and I tasted some of the water using the service disc and it tastes odd. Not sure if its just because its water that isn't quite boiled or if it tastes of plastic. Anyone else shed any light?:cry:

Had quite a few kettles in the past that leave a plastic taste in the drink but its hard to tell with the Tassimo with the coffee and chocolate all tasting strong. Don't fancy drinking plastic residue!

I guess I could buy a tea disc but suspect these may be stronger than a tea bag?

Hot water isn't right when just using the service disc.
    I use the hot water disc all the time when making tea with a tea bag. Also with its various amounts of ML we use it for other things that require certain amounts of hot water too.
    In fact the hot water disc gets used far more than other drink discs.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does everyone use to descale their machine?

Mine is occasionally telling me it needs a descale and I am not going to buy any expensive descaler from Tassimo.
    Forum Member

Mine is occasionally telling me it needs a descale and I am not going to buy any expensive descaler from Tassimo.

Just a normal descaler for kettles/coffee machines/irons.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the Facebook page (not the official one) there are lots of posts recommending using Oust or other kettle descalers.
    Forum Member
    x3 £10 at Asda, Latte's included.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    x3 £10 at Asda, Latte's included.

I was in Asda in West Bridgford, Nottingham on New Years Day and they didn't have anything, I've also been told that stocks are low in other stores too. Have they been restocked now?

I'm waiting for my first order from Tassimo to arrive but I have to go out soon and I know it's going to come while I'm out and I can't be in until next Thursday to get it!
    Forum Member
    Pucky wrote: »
    I was in Asda in West Bridgford, Nottingham on New Years Day and they didn't have anything, I've also been told that stocks are low in other stores too. Have they been restocked now?
    My local Asda (Broadstairs) don't have a large selection of varieties, but they usually get plenty of stock in when they have the x3 for £10 offers, but they go so quick.
    I took mine straight off the trolley while they were restocking the shelves shortly after 22:00 last night.
    Sainburys and Tesco have a far larger selection than Asda do, but again when Tesco have a x3 for £10 offer on you've got to be quick otherwise you miss out.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried the Oreo one.. not sure about it. Smells like the biscuits, and tastes a little like them, but its a little odd.
    Forum Member
    Someone posted a photo on Tassimo Facebook page the other day of some packets of Costa Vanilla Latte which have Limited Edition printed on the packets and can only be found in some select Asda stores.
    No chance of ever seeing them in my local Asda, I thought with them being limited they may of sold them in Costa, but no they only sell Caramel Latte. They haven't even got them in the Tassimo shop.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be on Asda's website, but nowhere else not even on Tassimo's own site

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-sna1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910001682165
    Forum Member
    Found Vanilla Latte on the shelves at Tesco Extra so got 2 packs.
    Also got some Morning Cafe from Asda the other day which I do rather like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been buying the Costa Americano pods since we got a Tassimo last summer, but I've found them to have a bitter aftertaste recently. I buy the pods from Amazon. 80 pods for £15-16, and the last two times I've bought them they've been bitter. Only recently bought the second batch so we have a lot to get through. Other half thinks it doesn't taste any different though! Anyone else experienced this? Thinking of trying another black coffee next time.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petit-pois wrote: »
    I've been buying the Costa Americano pods since we got a Tassimo last summer, but I've found them to have a bitter aftertaste recently. I buy the pods from Amazon. 80 pods for £15-16, and the last two times I've bought them they've been bitter. Only recently bought the second batch so we have a lot to get through. Other half thinks it doesn't taste any different though! Anyone else experienced this? Thinking of trying another black coffee next time.

Americano is pretty strong, maybe adding a bit more hot water will help
    Forum Member
    When did they change the Milka pods?
    The last time I had them they were chocolate disc + milk disc, now it's powder in a large disc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did they change the Milka pods?
    The last time I had them they were chocolate disc + milk disc, now it's powder in a large disc.
    I've only had one lot of Milka and they were powder, it was in the lot I ordered in January. Apparently it only just changed when I got my Vivy so I would guess at the end of last year. Cadbury has changed to powder too - I'm just going through my last lot of syrup & milk discs. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unreal wrote: »

The service disk is not made for you to get hot water from, it don't heat the water up by much, certainly no good for tea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a normal descaler for kettles/coffee machines/irons.

That is what I use now I got another service disk as I can not find my old one. In fact I think I will do that today, if I can remember how to do it.
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    That is what I use now I got another service disk as I can not find my old one. In fact I think I will do that today, if I can remember how to do it.

500ml solution in tank, insert service disc, press and hold button for around 5 seconds until it starts the descaling program.
    When finished (around 20mins), clean tank and flush through using service disc & fresh water x4 times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    500ml solution in tank, insert service disc, press and hold button for around 5 seconds until it starts the descaling program.
    When finished (around 20mins), clean tank and flush through using service disc & fresh water x4 times.

cheers, I could not remember how long to push the button. I will do that now welkl I remember thanks.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Costa Latte pods are horrible we're thinking of changing our machine they're so awful
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new milk pods are disgusting and either leak or explode more often than not. There's a massive campaign on the tassimo facebook page for them to change back to the old pods and apparently costa are not very happy with tassimo.

They really have ruined a really good product
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »

They really have ruined a really good product
    They seem to be doing it to most of their products which is a shame.
    They've ruined the Milka and Cadburys drinks, if I wanted instant chocolate powder I'd save a fortune and buy a tub for about a £1 and still have a better flavoured drink than what you now get with Tassimo as the most of the powder remains in the pod after the brew cycle.
    Now I read they've changed the Chai Latte into a pod full of powder too.
    It's such a shame what they've done, hopefully they'll see sense and rectify before too much damage has been done to their profit margins.