Humax PVR 9150T schedule keeps being deleted

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
In the last couple of weeks my machine has started coming on at Channel 1 regardless of what channel I was last watching. It has also been clearing the schedule, seemingly overnight. I can reset the schedule, but next day it is gone.

I am doing nothing different to normal, normal being pressing the on-off button on the remote to switch on and off.

Any ideas how I can correct either of these (scheduler issue is more pressing)?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the memory is either corrupt or faulty. The first thing to try is to do a factory reset on it. This will return the machine to the out of the box state so you will need to go through the first time setup routine again.

On the Installation menu is an option Default Settings. Choose that to do the reset. It should not affect anything stored on the hard drive by the way.

If the problem is a corrupted memory that may solve it. Also use the Edit Channels menu to delete as many of the unused channels that you never watch as possible. That will reduce the amount of work the machine has to do processing all the EPG data and you never know it might help.

I used to use a 9150 and had to do a factory reset on it a couple of times when it misbehaved. Not had that problem though so can't say a reset will cure it for certain but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than chucking it in the recycling bin and buying a new one :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the suggestions - tried both last night but woke up to the same end result, the programmes put into the schedule had all been erased.

Thanks again.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions - tried both last night but woke up to the same end result, the programmes put into the schedule had all been erased.
    This problem has been reported for a number of years (most commonly on the 9300) and as far as I know nobody has found a complete solution (which suggests to me it may well be a hardware issue). The only work around is not to put the box into standby but that has its own problems.