Options

BT Renegading on Written Deal

Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Back in September I agreed to sign up to a 12 month Unlimited Anytime Contract for calls with BT. As part of the deal advertised on their website it was promised verbally by their CS person twice that I would get Friends and Family Mobile at no extra cost.

When the confirmation letter came it did not mention F&FM at no extra cost so I emailed their Customer Services and recieved a confirmation in writing that I would get F&FM at no extra cost by way of a Promotions discount on my bill.

Guess what? I haven't got the discount and when I rang 150 they just told me that it had been cancelled and all customers were informed.

Well they didn't inform me and as far as I'm concerened I only signed up to this 12 month contract Unlimited Plan on condition that I got the F&FM for free.

As far as I'm concerened, if they don't satisfy me they have broken a writen promise and therefore the contract and I will take my Phone and Broadband custom elsewhere.

This is probably the final straw for me as I'm paying around £50 pm for the two and I think it's time to go elsewhere anyway.

A nice fat letter has gone off to BT CS with all the evidence. We'll see what happens.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Phil S wrote: »
    Back in September I agreed to sign up to a 12 month Unlimited Anytime Contract for calls with BT. As part of the deal advertised on their website it was promised verbally by their CS person twice that I would get Friends and Family Mobile at no extra cost.

When the confirmation letter came it did not mention F&FM at no extra cost so I emailed their Customer Services and recieved a confirmation in writing that I would get F&FM at no extra cost by way of a Promotions discount on my bill.

Guess what? I haven't got the discount and when I rang 150 they just told me that it had been cancelled and all customers were informed.

Well they didn't inform me and as far as I'm concerened I only signed up to this 12 month contract Unlimited Plan on condition that I got the F&FM for free.

As far as I'm concerened, if they don't satisfy me they have broken a writen promise and therefore the contract and I will take my Phone and Broadband custom elsewhere.

This is probably the final straw for me as I'm paying around £50 pm for the two and I think it's time to go elsewhere anyway.

A nice fat letter has gone off to BT CS with all the evidence. We'll see what happens.

You have my every sympathy Phil S.

At least you have recieved some response from Customer Services which is more than I have from 2 letters sent. :rolleyes:

Being a long standing customer seems to have no sway with BT these days - you are a number, a name on a computer, a fly that will be swatted away when you become troublesome.

Keep us updated if your letter to CS produces any results. I'm thinking an email to the Chairman is my next step.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Friends & Family as such had now finished ?
    Is it now F & F 'mobile' at 1.50 and F & F International at a £1, and no discounts to landlines at all
  • Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi Phil S,

Have you had a response to your letter yet? If not I would like to take a look at this for your. Please could you drop me an email to btcare@bt.com with your BT account details and forum username. Please also include any email confirmation you may have. Once I have received those details I will investigate this and be in contact with you directly.

Thanks

Paddy
  • Options
    Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills:

Yes it is Friends and family Mobile I'm talking about at £1.50pm. The BT website showed an offer of it free with the Anytime package and when I rang up to order the CS person assured me I would get this and confirmed it again in a written email which I still have, a copy of which has gone with my letter.

BT Support:

The letter was sent only yesterday so no replay yet. I will wait to see if it brings any satisfactory outcome. If not I will take it further then.