most overrated band/artist?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough because as a result, you misunderstood me completely :)

I don't hold ANYTHING against 1D and I actually DO blame the media for the attitude toward Westlife - I said that multiple times before. It's the media who are nice to 1D now but they were brutal to Westlife - of course it is not 1D fault. They are just 5 young guys who are having the time of their life so good for them!

I actually didn't say the 1D reviews are amazing, just mostly positive - and by that, I mean what you actually said in your post that I bolded:) As a side note just so you know, while the critics give 1D good reviews, they were almost always nasty when reviewing Westlife's albums - only a few critics had something positive to say and that happened later in their career - the reviews for their debut and especially 2nd album were atrocious - saying things like "commercial suicide":D

And like I said, maybe the better word for 1D would be overhyped. I actually believe that most people wouldn't even be that hostile toward them if they just don't appear in the media ALL the time and that their faces aren't plastered everywhere in the world.

Sorry if I misunderstood. I think the press can be very unfair to artists sometimes... But in Westlife's case, the band got the last laugh, didn't they?

As to 1D, I think that if all the people who don't like them stopped clicking on every 1D news to say "stop talking about them!" and "who cares" (and more rude things), maybe there would be less news too... The interest from fans is big, but if others add to that, why wouldn't the press write about them? They don't care if the interest and comments are positive or negative, as long as there is interest.
    But I understand your point! I saw an article HERE about Niall getting his driving license and buying a car... Is that music news? There are other outlets for that.
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Sorry if I misunderstood. I think the press can be very unfair to artists sometimes... But in Westlife's case, the band got the last laugh, didn't they?

As to 1D, I think that if all the people who don't like them stopped clicking on every 1D news to say "stop talking about them!" and "who cares" (and more rude things), maybe there would be less news too... The interest from fans is big, but if others add to that, why wouldn't the press write about them? They don't care if the interest and comments are positive or negative, as long as there is interest.
    But I understand your point! I saw an article HERE about Niall getting his driving license and buying a car... Is that music news? There are other outlets for that.

Exactly those kind of news personally drive me crazy:D I read once "news" about which 1D doll is the most popular, what type of songs do they sing in the shower, that they sing kareoke with Sheeran, which Christmas presents they bought for each other... I could go on and on and it drives me bonkers. Not because it is pointless but because this simply isn't news!

And yes, Westlife definitely had the last laugh. Many do hate and mock them but they can't ever take away the accomplishments they achieved in the last 14 years.