At-Home Game Testers for AAA Xbox One Games

13»

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Applied a month ago never heard anything

I think they were swamped with requests and it seems right now they are closed for new applications. I mean who wouldn't want to be paid to test AAA titles months before it's release? :p

In current tests the numbers are limited and they're only inviting long-term members and those that have done testing for them prior.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Got my invite but busy this weekend - gutted to say the least!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Nice, the OH has given me the green light to do take part this weekend :D Can't wait!
    The wife allowed me to take part tonight. Couldnt get the invites to work
    catch u on the next one
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been selected for a test this weekend
    I had a suspicion that VMC worked with a particular publisher/developer after the last test, but this one seems to confirm it. Obviously I'm not going to name that developer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been selected for a test this weekend
    I had a suspicion that VMC worked with a particular publisher/developer after the last test, but this one seems to confirm it. Obviously I'm not going to name that developer

The 6am one? :p Yeah I think it's obviously they only work with one developer, I think they're both based in the same city.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 6am one? :p Yeah I think it's obviously they only work with one developer, I think they're both based in the same city.

Yeah the 6am one.
    Yeah they are which also made me suspicious
    Forum Member
    Im in for the 6am beta
    catch you online
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I could probably guess the game your testing with the clues that have been dropped in here.:D

I don't have time for this as i work most weekends, but it sounds like fun. Enjoy.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I think they were swamped with requests and it seems right now they are closed for new applications. I mean who wouldn't want to be paid to test AAA titles months before it's release? :p

In current tests the numbers are limited and they're only inviting long-term members and those that have done testing for them prior.

Heard back and signed! :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    I could probably guess the game your testing with the clues that have been dropped in here.:D

I don't have time for this as i work most weekends, but it sounds like fun. Enjoy.

The game that was being tested last week came up on friends list as "Currently playing: *then the game name here* closed beta".

Not very subtle ;D
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

VMC are for hire by any dev. Plenty use them, we have in the past. They are based on MS campus. There are actually quite grim stories about our producer that went over to Due-Diligence them. I wont go into it but its grim like a cattle market.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    The game that was being tested last week came up on friends list as "Currently playing: *then the game name here* closed beta".

Not very subtle ;D

Yeah they have some strict policy about how to set up your privacy settings on the X1, but for some reason they don't restrict us from showing what game we're playing. This was pointed out to them and they said not to worry about it.

Which just makes you wonder why there is so much secrecy surround keeping the name of the game quiet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they have some strict policy about how to set up your privacy settings on the X1, but for some reason they don't restrict us from showing what game we're playing. This was pointed out to them and they said not to worry about it.

Which just makes you wonder why there is so much secrecy surround keeping the name of the game quiet.

Red you must have been on the same session as me last week as I saw that Skype question.
    I think the issue is that the Xbox doesn't hide the title of the game in any of the privacy settings so there isn't much that VMC or the publisher can do.
    Forum Member
    Im back tomorrow night 8pm beta test
    anyone been paid yet, thought u get paid after 2 weeks, 2 weeks tomorrow was my first one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky2005 wrote: »
    Im back tomorrow night 8pm beta test
    anyone been paid yet, thought u get paid after 2 weeks, 2 weeks tomorrow was my first one.

No, it something like 45 days after the project has closed. But one look at their Facebook page shows many people waiting months and months after a project is closed for payment.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last one I did (in April/May?) took *ages* to pay out... however they did say afterwards that they had sorted things out and assured it would not take that long next time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the test tonight, but I have uninstalled the game and hidden it from view on the games available to install, and I can't seem to find a way to re-download it as the code says it already been used :(

Edit - Just in case any1 else was an idiot like me, I've found how to show hidden items:
    To access the shortcut to temporarily show “hidden” items, press X while holding down both triggers and it will show all hidden items until you exit My Games & Apps.