Fox T2 keeps on restarting

BolanderBolander Posts: 278
Forum Member
Yesterday I was watching an existing recording as a new recording started. Not long afterwards the box restarted and kept on doing so every 30 seconds. I switched off the box at the mains, but the same behaviour occurred when I switched it back on.

It then bacame a race against time to navigate to the Restore Factory Defaults option before the box once again restarted. I finally managed this at the third attempt and after retuning the box seemed to have returned to normal. I shall not be completely convinced this is so until I have repeated the conditions which apparently caused the original problem.

One problem that remains is that the box still insists that it needs to be retuned, despite this happening during the start up after restoring the defaults. I may therefore have to carry out a compleletly unnecessary further retune just to stop this.

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Bolander wrote: »
    ...It then bacame a race against time to navigate to the Restore Factory Defaults option before the box once again restarted...
    I don't know if this would have worked in your circumstance, but with the PVR9200 in a reboot loop, the advice was to disconnect the aerial cable from the PVRs aerial in socket.
  • J LeninJ Lenin Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem - goes back to start system and there is nothing I can do - what a complete pain.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J Lenin wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem - goes back to start system and there is nothing I can do - what a complete pain.

There are a few known causes for this behaviour. First thing to try is turning off the DLNA server (Content Sharing Off) it it is currently on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few known causes for this behaviour. First thing to try is turning off the DLNA server (Content Sharing Off) it it is currently on.

Thanks for the reply - however it was off
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J Lenin wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply - however it was off
    OK next possibility is a corrupt recording; is there anything in any of the folders that won't play?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK next possibility is a corrupt recording; is there anything in any of the folders that won't play?

Have reformatted the hard drive - still no good. Beginning to do other daft things as well - no sound from HDMI and cutting out picture - plays ok through scart connection. Not sure if all these things are connected. Maybe the receiver is duff. Out of warranty too
  • Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of warranty : time to install custom firmware and use Telnet to do the disc check in maintenance mode.
    (Yeah, complicated stuff wot!)
    As for trying to catch it to do a factory reset : there is actually a USB-stick-loadable thingy for that which will instigate a factory reset before anything else if the USB contining it is plugged in when it wakes up.
    Finding the link ... http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
    "System Flush Update File" is the one.