Options

Is "Ancient Aliens" real history related material?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
To all the fans of the show and those who aren't I leave this question open for discussion, Is it really educational or just mere ratings? what do you think and how do you react to it?

Comments

• Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    nekosan33 wrote: »
    To all the fans of the show and those who aren't I leave this question open for discussion, Is it really educational or just mere ratings? what do you think and how do you react to it?

I was thinking of starting a thread on this daft programme.

There are no skeptical views in this programme at all - maybe expecting too much.

They take a piece of 'evidence' like a cave painting or a passage from the bible and seem to say 'oh that looks/sounds like a UFO'. With the implication that it must be aliens.

Then again, it passes the time of day. Maybe it's just entertaining hokum.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    The History Channel is starting to show some drift, like the Syfy Channel and MTV.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chariots of the Frauds.
  • Options
    Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Park did an episode mocking such things earlier this year.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    The world, sadly, is full of muppets who lap this sort of drivel up. Then again, much of the human race has a religious belief so it shows that the majority of the human race is in fact hard of thinking and dumb as a post, so what do you expect?

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I stack up on these and every now and again Ill sit down to a marathon watch. Its my guilty pleasure :o

Considering the current state of sci fi on TV at the mo, I wish some TV writers would sit down to watch this series and find inspiration for a new TV sci fi series. :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the stuff on History is not history these days. Loggers, truckers etc.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Mark A wrote: »
    The world, sadly, is full of muppets who lap this sort of drivel up. Then again, much of the human race has a religious belief so it shows that the majority of the human race is in fact hard of thinking and dumb as a post, so what do you expect?

Regards

Mark

There's actually no hard evidence in the form of, for example, advanced metal alloys or components being found in neolithic graves, etc. Things like that would be worth investigating. A lot of these things arise from an extreme interpretation of natural or cultural phenomena. As an example, someone might see a rocket picture in an ancient drawing whereas I'd just see a good drawing of flower parts - that kind of thing.
    donna255 wrote: »
    Most of the stuff on History is not history these days. Loggers, truckers etc.

I've noticed this too. In recent years, the serious documentary channal have been putting on more reality and entertainment type programmes to try to boost their audience and bring more money in. I have some sympathy for them as those funds then also go to pay for the serious documentaries which can be found sandwiched between the tat programmes.
  • Options
    LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started a thread on Ancient Aliens months ago, but only one person replied. :(

Great show, hope we get to see Season Three.
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    If Aliens did interfere with our DNA and our affairs in the pastm then they didn't do a particularly good job given all the idiots in the world.:p